Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    or "ill give you my real personal statement at interview"
    That way they will have to interview you.:yep:
    I had a personal statement but unfortunately UCAS doesn't understand Aramaic.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    I had a personal statement but unfortunately UCAS doesn't understand Aramaic.

Try this instead

Ever since I accidentally burnt holes in my pyjamas after experimenting with a chemistry set on my 8th Birthday, I have always had a passion for science. Following several hospital visits during my teenage years to explore my interest, the idea of a career that would exploit my humanity and problem-solving abilities always made medicine a natural choice

ReputationRep:
    original :p:

ReputationRep:
    Try this instead

Ever since I accidentally burnt holes in my pyjamas after experimenting with a chemistry set on my 8th Birthday, I have always had a passion for science. Following several hospital visits during my teenage years to explore my interest, the idea of a career that would exploit my humanity and problem-solving abilities always made medicine a natural choice
    I actually wrote an entire ps like that.

Ever since I was a young child I had a love of all things pharmaceutical, frequently I would break into the wonderland that was my parents drug cabinet so that I could inject the dog. So in short medicine provides me with ready access to drug and the opportunity to cut people open, which assauges my life long love affair with blood.

:crazy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My introduction would be

"Since the age of 12 scrubs has given me an insight into the roles of doctors. Greys anatomy has helped me understand doctor-nurse relationships and House has shown me the wonders of diagnosis and bedside manor."

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I like the direction this thread has taken.

ReputationRep:
    My introduction would be

"Since the age of 12 scrubs has given me an insight into the roles of doctors. Greys anatomy has helped me understand doctor-nurse relationships and House has shown me the wonders of diagnosis and bedside manor."
    Niceee. :gah: I'm too rubbish to come up with anything vaguely funny :sad:

EDIT: I just really wanted to use that smiley :gah:

ReputationRep:
    My introduction would be

i wish medicine really was like scrubs...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by blonde-beth)
    i wish medicine really was like scrubs...
    I wish my LIFE was Scrubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    :rofl: I like the direction this thread has taken.
    lol ditto

ReputationRep:
    Don't leave gaps between the paragraphs, no-one does. Indentation is fine if you can spare the space.
    but ucas doesn't let me indent should I just put in the spaces infront of every paragraph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunzy)
    but ucas doesn't let me indent should I just put in the spaces infront of every paragraph?
    Well that is what an indentation is, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well that is what an indentation is, so yes.
    What?! Spaces between paragraphs are worth their (metaphorical) weight in gold! Anything else and you can guarantee the admissions tutor is going to be slightly annoyed at the presentation before they've even read the thing.

Spaces are worth far more than what you could type in the equivalent space if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    What?! Spaces between paragraphs are worth their (metaphorical) weight in gold! Anything else and you can guarantee the admissions tutor is going to be slightly annoyed at the presentation before they've even read the thing.

Spaces are worth far more than what you could type in the equivalent space if you ask me.
    I cant actually understand that 1st paragraph

But 4 spaces aren't going to make a big difference in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    I cant actually understand that 1st paragraph

But 4 spaces aren't going to make a big difference in the long run.

:lolwut: You can't? :p:

I really do think it's worth leaving spaces, but that's ultimately down to the applicant. Why spend so much time perfecting your PS, then make it look scruffy and unpresentable at the last moment by making one mammoth paragraph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    :lolwut: You can't? :p:

I really do think it's worth leaving spaces, but that's ultimately down to the applicant. Why spend so much time perfecting your PS, then make it look scruffy and unpresentable at the last moment by making one mammoth paragraph?
    Chances are that every single last line of each paragraph wont be full so there will still be clear demarcation between paragraphs.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    you cant leave spaces to indent ucas removes them.

ReputationRep:
    My PS coming along, although I can't help but notice room for improvement 9 you know I could expand on ideas here and there, include a little more etc...)

ReputationRep:
    when is everyone submitting their forms?
    xxx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by indie_couture)
    when is everyone submitting their forms?
    xxx
    Last year i submitted mine on October 1st, seeing as it was my birthday hoping it would bring me luck.

But clearly using lucky dates makes no difference. lol

So ill be submitting mine this year as soon as its done, which is likely to be 13-15th October.

u?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.