The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Commas: 29
Fullstops: 29
Dash: 2
Brackets: 2
Speech marks (2 count as 1): 4
Colons: 1

can't believe I sat there and counted that...
vas876
That's Stage 1, you will then begin to hate the medicine application system as a whole, it will drive you insane and to despair, especially seeing as they like to reject in dec - jan i.e SMACK in the middle of your jan exams.

Right now, rejection doesn't concern me (well it does really :rolleyes: ) but if I can just put that statement up how I wrote it in word I think it will be strong enough to get some interviews.... I hope.
Guys, you do know you don't need to count? :p: ctrl + F, replace '.' with '.', repeat for all punctuation marks used!

Full stop - 25
Comma - 34 :lolwut: I think I may be seriously overusing commas!
Semi-colon - 1
Parenthesis - 3 pairs
Speech marks - 3 pairs

:awesome:
as for last years PS

Comma - 29
Full Stop - 18
Semi - 0
resortini
Right now, rejection doesn't concern me (well it does really :rolleyes: ) but if I can just put that statement up how I wrote it in word I think it will be strong enough to get some interviews.... I hope.

:frown: i won't be looking forward to that
to what??
I want to basically say I was able to alleviate anxieties, but not to those words, I have used the word "alleviate" not long before this, any other words that would be suitable in that context of talking about people?
Reduce
Reply 388
resortini
I want to basically say I was able to alleviate anxieties, but not to those words, I have used the word "alleviate" not long before this, any other words that would be suitable in that context of talking about people?

migigate? Not sure. TBH don't worry about posh and fancy words, concentrate on making sure what you write is meaningful and gets across your ability to study medicine. It's much better to use 'normal' words than it is to look like you're trying to impress with your language.
free people from anxiety?
Reply 390
Resolve? Not 100% sure of the context, but it might fit so meh.
Reply 391
relieve?
"Allay" is what you usually do with anxieties/fears.
Reply 393
lessen?
KwungSun
"Allay" is what you usually do with anxieties/fears.

Thanks very much.... Much appreciated
Do you have to start a thread for every question you have about your PS?

Anyway you could use; ease, mollify, assuage or relieve for example.
Onychophagia

Those are good too.
Onychophagia

Sorry about starting new threads, but stressing out at the moment trying to get this done, my school wants it in tomorrow to use for references!

Anyway thanks for those that helped....
By the way (note I'm not starting a new thread for this topic), how do I make an indentation to show I'm clearly starting a new paragraph??? I looked at my bro's statement which he printed off UCAS ages ago and that shows indentations that show new paragraphs, how could I sort this out?
resortini
Sorry about starting new threads, but stressing out at the moment trying to get this done, my school wants it in tomorrow to use for references!

Anyway thanks for those that helped....

You are forgiven.

Good luck. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending