Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a problem with it, 3000 Characters and 46/47 lines used so no idea how you are supposed to write 4000 characters without it being a horrible block of text.

ReputationRep:
    I really need some help with this, my bro did it with his, but I can't seem to do it myself...

Title supposed to read The Official "How do I do indentations for new paragraphs" Thread

ReputationRep:
    You cant indent on ucas with the Tab button, you have to put in spaces before the beginning of the sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resortini)
    By the way (note I'm not starting a new thread for this topic), how do I make an indentation to show I'm clearly starting a new paragraph??? I looked at my bro's statement which he printed off UCAS ages ago and that shows indentations that show new paragraphs, how could I sort this out?
    Ucas removed the indentations. You either need to leave a whole line (using up one of your 47) or have one mighty block of text.

ReputationRep:
    That;s my problem, I can't seem to be able to do that, well I do it and it does not show up when previewing the statement! This is reallllly annoying, now hard to distinguish one of my paragraphs from another...

ReputationRep:
    It which case you have to leave them out, if you can spare the lines then add a line between paragraphs. Otherwise make sure that the last sentence of every paragraph isn't a full line.

ReputationRep:
    That's really frustrating... anyway, looks like the big block of text is the way forward... cheers for your help... any more ideas will be much appreciated...

ReputationRep:
    Please dont go for the block of text. It's so hard to read you'll just piss off the admish tutors.

ReputationRep:
    Overcome anxieties. Lay anxieties to rest. Manage anxieties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resortini)
    That's really frustrating... anyway, looks like the big block of text is the way forward... cheers for your help... any more ideas will be much appreciated...
    I did big block of text last year otherwise if I do it this year I cut out 4 precious lines!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Please dont go for the block of text. It's so hard to read you'll just piss off the admish tutors.
    I used a big block of text (well, I started new lines for paragraphs but didn't leave an empty line).

If the admissions tutors are that bothered by it they can always format it themselves afterwards to make it easier to read, and I thought the extra content I could add would make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I used a big block of text (well, I started new lines for paragraphs but didn't leave an empty line).

If the admissions tutors are that bothered by it they can always format it themselves afterwards to make it easier to read, and I thought the extra content I could add would make up for it.
    Well it's down to the individual, but it's a risky decision if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's down to the individual, but it's a risky decision if you ask me.
    I can't imagine either way counting for too much against anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine either way counting for too much against anyone.
    You only save 1-2 characters by not skipping a line, plus it looks better. I am not claiming to know about all admissions tutors, but if I were one, I would prefer to see skipped lines between paragraphs rather than a block of text. A block of text is much more daunting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    You only save 1-2 characters by not skipping a line, plus it looks better. I am not claiming to know about all admissions tutors, but if I were one, I would prefer to see skipped lines between paragraphs rather than a block of text. A block of text is much more daunting
    But there's also a lines limit on the PS, so effectively you save a lot more.

I'd probably prefer to see it as well, but ATs know the limits students face so I would imagine they'd sympathise with people who couldn't. It didn't seem to count against me too much anyway.

ReputationRep:

I'd probably prefer to see it as well, but ATs know the limits students face so I would imagine they'd sympathise with people who couldn't. It did seem to count against me too much anyway.
    Aha! Im not the only one that does this :p:

ReputationRep:

I'd probably prefer to see it as well, but ATs know the limits students face so I would imagine they'd sympathise with people who couldn't. It did seem to count against me too much anyway.
    I know it couldn't make that much of a difference to your application. I found it was the character limit, not the lines limit that restricted me. I had 4 paragraphs and yet found it was the character limit, not the line one that stopped me from writing more.

ReputationRep:
    Aha! Im not the only one that does this :p:
    Observant *******. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Observant *******. :dry:
    :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    To ensure this post isn't seen as spam, remember to keep refecting on your work experience, constantly relating your experiences back to how they're importance in medicine, and how you feel the skills you see are ones you are capable of and comfortable with.

That is all :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    out of intrest what did you use a dash for?
    I was talking about practical skills I learnt during work experience. And wrote...

Furthermore the practical skill of taking a patients history highlighted the importance of good communication with the patients- and also with other medical staff.

Or something to that effect. I think that is grammatically correct...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.