Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    During my hospital work, I mentioned two cases I saw which interested me. I'm trying to cut down words. How necessary to mention them? the sentence goes something like alongside the doctors, I witness cases which greatly interested me from ______ to ______.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like my last version but it's so difficult to include everything i want to, so i think i might just hand it in as it is. Anyone else in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoadWarrior)
    You would never say "partake" in real life, so my teacher said you shouldn't write it in your PS

Anyway, my question is pretty simple: Should "medicine" have a capital letter each time you write it? Sounds weird to me
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Yes it is always Medicine
    :nope:
    In most cases it should not be capitalised as it's not a proper noun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Sorry to annoy you again, but I'm stuck on the word limit. During my hospital work, I mentioned two cases I saw which interested me. I'm trying to cut down words. How necessary is to mention specifics? the sentence goes something like alongside the doctors, I witnessed cases which greatly interested me from ______ to ______. Is that sentence necessary?

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought medicine shouldn't be capitalised in the PS too O_o

(Original post by definite_maybe)
    Sorry to annoy you again, but I'm stuck on the word limit. During my hospital work, I mentioned two cases I saw which interested me. I'm trying to cut down words. How necessary is to mention specifics? the sentence goes something like alongside the doctors, I witnessed cases which greatly interested me from ______ to ______. Is that sentence necessary?
    I'm not sure what Hygeia thinks.. but IMO unless you're going into detail about a specific case then that particular sentence doesn't add very much You can use the characters for something else

ReputationRep:
    my PS has quite a lot about drugs, should I apply to pharmacy/pharmachology or Biomedical sciences at Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, my question is pretty simple: Should "medicine" have a capital letter each time you write it? Sounds weird to me
    Nope, it shouldn't. Likewise with subjects.

Rather annoying as I had to go back through my PS and change all of it to lowercase, as a habit of mine when writing is to capitalise certain words like Science.

That's good to hear Prefer yesterday's avatar :p:
    How about now? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I sent out e-mails to universities asking if they expected me to mention what my plans are for this gap year that I am on. I was hoping they would say they don't mind because i'm not applying for deferred entry and never chose to have this gap year. Unfortunately the first reply I got back said they would expect to see what my plans are.

I was thinking on keeping that part short briefly saying what I hope to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trektor)
    I sent out e-mails to universities asking if they expected me to mention what my plans are for this gap year that I am on. I was hoping they would say they don't mind because i'm not applying for deferred entry and never chose to have this gap year. Unfortunately the first reply I got back said they would expect to see what my plans are.

I was thinking on keeping that part short briefly saying what I hope to do?
    Sounds fine to me. You'll always be able to expand on it at interview, when they'll probably want to hear more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Sounds fine to me. You'll always be able to expand on it at interview, when they'll probably want to hear more.
    Just got a reply from another university that said they would like something like a sentence saying what I plan to do so that they know i'm not studying. They said it can just be something small so that should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trektor)
    Just got a reply from another university that said they would like something like a sentence saying what I plan to do so that they know i'm not studying. They said it can just be something small so that should be fine.
    "I plan to be whiling away my hours between interviews with a procession of women and alcohol."

Something like that would be splendid.

ReputationRep:
    I know it isn't but when I did my PS last year my teachers said to always write Medicine in it

ReputationRep:
    Phalanges, I really like your avatars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    Phalanges, I really like your avatars
    They are rather awesome, aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    They are rather awesome, aren't they?
    Where do you keep getting them. Fallout avatars are just awesome

ReputationRep:
    Where do you keep getting them. Fallout avatars are just awesome
    I just type the name of the achievement into google images.

Don't go stealing my thunder now. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I know it isn't but when I did my PS last year my teachers said to always write Medicine in it
    That's why you should never listen to teachers when it comes to personal statements :p: It's very rare to come across one where I don't contradict what they've said!

ReputationRep:

My school teachers, don't know the first thing about PS help. Their unwilling to make any changes.

ReputationRep:
    That's why you should never listen to teachers when it comes to personal statements :p: It's very rare to come across one where I don't contradict what they've said!
    :lol: Meh I still got into medicine so I am not to bothered anymore :p:

ReputationRep:

Ah I see. No I will stick to my House avatars. I am just wandering where you are getting them. I wish I had more time to play Fallout

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.