The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
RoadWarrior
Mine is about 1/8th :awesome: Go for whatever balance you feel happy with, but I wanted mine to be mostly about medicine :smile:

Mine is probably about a 1/6th. Just letting you lot know. There is no magic formula.
indie_couture
careful with the 'my grandma wanted me to be a doctor'!
xxx

lol i wasn't planning on writing that, may come up at interview though.....:wink:
_lynx_
Mine is probably about a 1/6th. Just letting you lot know. There is no magic formula.

Thanks. I think I'm happy with it as it is. PS are so difficult :mad: Just one last question. I'm talking about a community's wellbeing. Would it be correct as "its wellbeing" or "their wellbeing". My English skills have suddenly decided to abandon me.
definite_maybe
Thanks. I think I'm happy with it as it is. PS are so difficult :mad: Just one last question. I'm talking about a community's wellbeing. Would it be correct as "its wellbeing" or "their wellbeing". My English skills have suddenly decided to abandon me.

Their.
RoadWarrior
Their.
I've changed the sentence around, so its now become "its future". Is that wrong?
definite_maybe
I've changed the sentence around, so its now become "its future". Is that wrong?

Sounds fine to me but I would wait for a second opinion :s-smilie:
bunzy
hi, i read on a website for american personal statement essays and it recommends a variety of leads such as action, dialogue. i was wondering, is this recommended for english personal statements? thanks

It's a boring & long book... but if you can manage it...
Its great to write about.
Reply 727
hey!

I am trying to think of awards I have received from school/sports that might be useful to mention in my personal statement. Currently all I can think of are the NAGTY membership, the school's Science, Maths and IT awards and player's player of the season.

However HOW are these useful for medicine?

This has been annoying me now for soo long. So any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks
If you can't think of any way to relate them back to medicine, then don't force yourself to - it'll show.

I'm sure we've all dropped things out of our PS that we didn't want to, but on the bright side you can always let your tutor know of these achievements and get him/her to add it to your reference letter :smile:
I never included NAGTY, mainly because aside from membership I didn't do much with it.
I had the same problem, I decided just not to mention it as I was told they weren't *really* relevant to medicine :p:
LetoKynes
let your tutor know of these achievements and get him/her to add it to your reference letter :smile:

hahaa tutor reference is the place to put all your awesome acheivements that you cant usefully relate to medicine :p:
Reply 732
Yeah, I mean there is no way of fitting it in saying oooh I am a member of NAGTY, or I won the school awards for these subjects.

But yeah tutor reference, excellent idea. Why did I not think of that :biggrin:

Thanks guys! much appreciated
did you get any for maths challenges?
Reply 734
lets_make_some_music
did you get any for maths challenges?

I did indeed!

I got the gold award in year 7.

But I lost the certificate :frown:

I blame my sister.

Can I still get my tutor to mention it?
asgsoft
I did indeed!

I got the gold award in year 7.

But I lost the certificate :frown:

I blame my sister.

Can I still get my tutor to mention it?

probabily
i can't see why not :smile:
Reply 736
lets_make_some_music
probabily
i can't see why not :smile:

well I was thinking maybe they might need to see it.

Also it was in year 7, i am on a gap year now. LOOONG time between :s-smilie:

I mean me doing my maths GCSE early and A2 maths in a single year is a bigger achievement.
asgsoft
well I was thinking maybe they might need to see it.

Also it was in year 7, i am on a gap year now. LOOONG time between :s-smilie:

I mean me doing my maths GCSE early and A2 maths in a single year is a bigger achievement.

yeah but still its an achievement, shows your dedication to maths from a young age
Reply 738
lets_make_some_music
yeah but still its an achievement, shows your dedication to maths from a young age

which is brilliant if you're applying to maths but less so for a medicine application
Hygeia
which is brilliant if you're applying to maths but less so for a medicine application

true :oops: :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending