(Original post by Hygeia)
    I'd say no for that one.
    What about when "i am part of the sixth form committee"
    Where do the capitals go :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_smurf)
    What about when "i am part of the sixth form committee"
    Where do the capitals go
    To be honest, the only thing in that I'd capitalise would be the 'I.' Sixth Form might need capitals but I'm not entirely sure on that.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the only thing in that I'd capitalise would be the 'I.' Sixth Form might need capitals but I'm not entirely sure on that.
    Oh yeah sorry! I'll go with Sixth Form committee

ReputationRep:
    I have shadowed vascular scientist as part of a summer school, how can I develop this experience so it allows me to convey my understanding of the role of a doctor? (I have not yet been able to gain any work experience in a hospital although I have a placement in December.)

ReputationRep:
    There's a big thread on this, love.

ReputationRep:
    Reflection reflection reflection. What did you learn? Why is this important? Do you feel you are capable of these things? Have you ever demonstrated them?

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to be able to find it. Could you possibly post the link? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people on TSR :woo:
    I just got a quick question about putting something in my personal statement. I just need to know if it is vital to put the duration I spent at hospitals, GP's etc. I am concerned that if I don't put it in, universities might not like it. It may seem like a really small thing but I need to have a near perfect statement as I am applying to Southampton and they put a lot of weighting on personal statements and references I've heard.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think it would make a difference but I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    How much work experience have you done?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Arj12)
    Hey people on TSR :woo:
    I just got a quick question about putting something in my personal statement. I just need to know if it is vital to put the duration I spent at hospitals, GP's etc. I am concerned that if I don't put it in, universities might not like it. It may seem like a really small thing but I need to have a near perfect statement as I am applying to Southampton and they put a lot of weighting on personal statements and references I've heard.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. :cool:
    It depends...putting in how long you've done exp for can give a more realistic touch to it,but if you have little work experience,then it'd be wise not to put the duration

ReputationRep:
    well I've had two weeks in a hospital, 2 weeks in a GP surgery (wondering wheater to put dates on these)
    Dates I have put: taught in South Africa for 6 weeks and spent a few days at both a private and public hospital, volunteering weekly at an organisation that helps peopel with mental illness in the community. I've also got a few other things that are work expirence that I would have liked to put in but I didn't have space!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't put down the length of your w/e with the GP surgery and hospital.. 1-2 weeks is common anyway

ReputationRep:
    I need help, with the copy and paste into the space on UCAS form, I'm like over by 8 characters, do I include spaces between paragraphs because that takes space?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arj12)
    Hey people on TSR

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
    I've found that some universities do want to know the duration of work experience but others don't seem to mind.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering: Is it:

I look forward to studying psycology and have an interest in paediatrics OR

I look forward to studying Psycology and have an interest in Paediatrics

In other words, which need capitals and which don't? (this is just an example sentence)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstar)
    I was wondering: Is it:

I look forward to studying psycology and have an interest in paediatrics OR

I look forward to studying Psycology and have an interest in Paediatrics

In other words, which need capitals and which don't? (this is just an example sentence)
    Neither need capitals.

ReputationRep:
    Neither need capitals.
    Thanks! and medicine doesn't either right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstar)
    Thanks! and medicine doesn't either right?
    Yep, it doesn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    I need help, with the copy and paste into the space on UCAS form, I'm like over by 8 characters, do I include spaces between paragraphs because that takes space?
    Spaces don't count as extra characters to my knowledge, but they take up one extra line (out of your 47).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.