Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

:yes:

.......that is Y3 grammar ftw :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so you're also a person who would use a capital "C" for chemistry?? I know that is definitely wrong....

ReputationRep:
    No it is lowercase, also for numbers less than 10 you should write the word 'year seven'

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that in all these uni prospectuses, chemistry, biology, physics, etc are written with a mix of capitals and lower case? I though I was good at English but this is just confusing...

ReputationRep:
    My head of year told me , that either apply to all PBL unis or all not. So that you can mention why you're going for PBL/traditional courses in your personal statement, he said that if I don't I will weaken my application significantly...

Can someone give me some advice please?

ReputationRep:
    ********. Mention it at interview. PS is for getting you into Medicine in general.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree! It won't effect your application, many people apply for both pbl and traditional. Do you actually have room in your PS to fit that in anyway! It took me ages to cut mine down to the 47 line limit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstar)
    I disagree! It won't effect your application, many people apply for both pbl and traditional. Do you actually have room in your PS to fit that in anyway! It took me ages to cut mine down to the 47 line limit!
    Nope, but i feel scared now deadline is monday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A100whoo)
    Nope, but i feel scared now deadline is monday!
    Deadline is next Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    Should dementia, Multiple sclerosis etc have a captial letter?

Also I'm really struggling to cut down my PS, 230 characters too long

ReputationRep:
    NEXT THURSDAY!!!

Crap, I haven't even filled out my UCAS form completely yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    NEXT THURSDAY!!!

Crap, I haven't even filled out my UCAS form completely yet.
    Don't worry, it doesn't take long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19becky91)
    Deadline is next Thursday!
    For my school monday

ReputationRep:
    UCAS application sent....I keep thinking that i missed something out in my ucas or personal statement lol....anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelouch04)
    UCAS application sent....I keep thinking that i missed something out in my ucas or personal statement lol....anyone else?
    Use Geass on the admissions team

ReputationRep:
    Head of sixth forms, careers advisors and the like seem to continually give crap advice. Anyone got any positive stories of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    Use Geass on the admissions team
    LOL!... if only...do u think its a negetive thing to be 17 when start as a medical student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelouch04)
    LOL!... if only...do u think its a negetive thing to be 17 when start as a medical student?
    I thought medicine was strictly 18 only.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't put it in - thats for the bit in the interview when they ask you "why did you choose this Medical school"

And the bit about being 17 - there is a med school that you can start at the age of 17 - just as long as your parents sign something. I can't remember which one though (sorry)

ReputationRep:
    prob a traditional course one^^

angling your application towards pbl is simply a suggestion by your ead, i'm sure, and its a trick that can add some weight to a suitably structured application.

you dont NEED to use it though, far from it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.