Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -F-)
    Are we meant to put paragraphs on the PS when we've uploaded it to UCAS?

How the heck do we even insert paragraphs? Everytime I add indentations and then save it, it just appears as a big chunk of writing
    Im having this problem aswell. My character count is 3890 and if I put blank lines in between my paragraphs im over by 3 lines If I miss don't put in lines, then Im in the limit. However, the problem is that a the last 3 paragaphs look like one big paragraph instead of 3 paragraphs. The first few paragraphs are fine as the last sentence dosent go to the last line.

I was thinking of maybe put the first few paragraphs together and put a blank line between the last 3 paragraphs. What do people think of this?

There is no way I ca take out any more characters, as my ps won't be as good.:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakar)
    Im having this problem aswell. My character count is 3890 and if I put blank lines in between my paragraphs im over by 3 lines If I miss don't put in lines, then Im in the limit. However, the problem is that a the last 3 paragaphs look like one big paragraph instead of 3 paragraphs. The first few paragraphs are fine as the last sentence dosent go to the last line.

I was thinking of maybe put the first few paragraphs together and put a blank line between the last 3 paragraphs. What do people think of this?

There is no way I ca take out any more characters, as my ps won't be as good.:eek3:
    My form tutor told me today that it's okay to leave it as a chunk of writing, so I'm just going to leave it at that, and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakar)

There's no hard and fast rule on that. Just do what you think is better for your statement. If you think your absolutely cannot cut it down any more, then you'll probably just have to leave it without spaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardustfairy)
    How important is an introduction? i can't seem to make mine not cheesy and chiche and i was told by various people that sometimes its best not to have one at all, just go straight into your work experience.

If I did that, mine would start with me talking about an OU course i was selected to do.
    So yeah. intro / no intro? Would it look lazy if I didn't have one or refreshing?

(I am panicking quite a bit due to the deadline being so close so if anyone could help i'll be so grateful!)
    At my school, we've been told that the intro is very important and to add personality into.

That's what I have done, made an opening statement expressing my thoughts leading on to how I became interested in medicine. Kind of like starting at the conclusion, then jumping to the beginning to explain the conclusion... :woo:

Not sure how well it's going to go down, but I think it's going to work well!

Less than 3 days to complete my UCAS form... Arghh!!

ReputationRep:
    application sent off, but I noticed a silly mistake in my personal statement. I spelt the practice and practise. Will this spelling mistake be looked at as badly? Its the only one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.