The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
sashyx
Tell me then :p: :proud:

Lego, the odd bit of K-nex and kelptomania in sweet shops :eek: :rolleyes:
Medicine offers a ........ - was my first, if anything would reccomend not putting anything about an early age.
Reply 122
Erebus
Lego, the odd bit of K-nex and kelptomania in sweet shops :eek: :rolleyes:

A touching story:yes: ... you have some great childhood memories which most of us don’t have
Reply 123
ShinyShiny
Medicine offers a ........ - was my first, if anything would reccomend not putting anything about an early age.

My first three words were "Captivating fireworks eminating..." :smile:
Reply 124
sashyx
A touching story:yes: ... you have some great childhood memories which most of us don’t have

No, there was no touching stories :rolleyes:

I think I managed to steal something like 6 candy stick boxes a day when I was like 5. :yep:

Oh yeah, I liked WWF and had the wresting ring and all the wresting figures, and made props out of lego and k-nex. I was a bit OCD about it. I would write the matches that I was acting out and commentate. I think I should mention this on my personal statement. :smile:

Well what were your fascinations?
I didn't put in the early age bit... sounds so naff.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: okay, i got my first paragraph sorted now, the rest has fallen into place nicely!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I am surprised by own writing!!! Anyway, does the end of September sound like a good date to get this done by and UCAS sorted???
'From an early age..', is kind of cliche.. Very overused LOL..

How about you just be yourself and think deeply about what got you interested in the course to begin with etc etcand that should probably give you an idea.
Reply 128
Once upon a time in a land far far away....
Reply 129
Erebus
No, there was no touching stories :rolleyes:

I think I managed to steal something like 6 candy stick boxes a day when I was like 5. :yep:

Oh yeah, I liked WWF and had the wresting ring and all the wresting figures, and made props out of lego and k-nex. I was a bit OCD about it. I would write the matches that I was acting out and commentate. I think I should mention this on my personal statement. :smile:

Well what were your fascinations?

If you mention in your personal statement about touching WWF wrestling figures inappropriately it will definitely get you offers from places like oxford or Cambridge :biggrin: Touching stories are always more interesting, shame you don’t have any to tell.
I really can’t tell you about my fascinations, they’re too complex for you to understand :p: :smile:
Reply 130
Sarky
Once upon a time in a land far far away....

lived ....
Basically i have started my personal statement for medicine
and my year 10 work experience was at the department of health and i dont know how i can relate that to medicine because its office. So i was wondering if anyone knows how i can relate the too.
bdw. i worked in the sexual health floor if that helps link it :s-smilie:
Ive started working on my personal statement and I am stuck on how to link my year 10 work experience to medicine. I did work work experience at the department of health in the sexual health floor and i did visit guys hospital to a sexual health clinic and was invited to a tea party at the house of lords and a question and answer debate at the house of common. if that helps link it:s-smilie:
Reply 133
you could try talking about how they helped develop your interest in medicine and then go on to say that you pursued this interest further by blah blah blah

Well, at least thats what I did. :smile:
hi saraabukar, you could say that during that period u were observed the other services and departments that contribute and are integral to overall patient care provision and that you too are interested in contributing to healthcare through medicine and that you thuroughly enjoyed seing healthcare in a different light. dont forget the basic 'worked within a team' mallark and all the rest - - somehow they like that stuff :smile:. im tryin to write mine and i reckon you can dress pretty much anything to make it look better. at the end im sure u probs learned something from there and just write it down. may not be the best idea .... gd luck.
Reply 135
oh joy.
Reply 136
saraabukar
Basically i have started my personal statement for medicine
and my year 10 work experience was at the department of health and i dont know how i can relate that to medicine because its office. So i was wondering if anyone knows how i can relate the too.
bdw. i worked in the sexual health floor if that helps link it :s-smilie:

it's worrying that you don't know how the department of health relates to medicine.

and i'm sure you were "working" on the sexual health floor :wink:
Reply 137
sashyx
If you mention in your personal statement about touching WWF wrestling figures inappropriately it will definitely get you offers from places like oxford or Cambridge :biggrin: Touching stories are always more interesting, shame you don’t have any to tell.
I really can’t tell you about my fascinations, they’re too complex for you to understand :p: :smile:

I know pity I'm not applying to either of them this year! :o:

I'll talk about how I moved specific joints and muscles in the wresting figure anatomy to carry out certain moves. I've got this interview in the bag.
A couple of quick questions about the intro...

1. does it really matter if the intro is cliched and includes the phases "fasination" and "help people"? I used to have it like this then changed it, but now it sounds dull and nowhere near as passionate and punchy!

2. should the writing style and syntax etc be really impressive? When reading past applicant's ones they seem to have made the writing style very complex and descriptive, wheras i feel i have written it slightly more simply and to the point, which is better?

Any advice would be great, ta :smile:
Hi, im still quite new to TSR,

I did a 6week internship at a research unit in imperial (nuffield thing) and i really enjoyed it, but what is the risk that rambling on may bias my application towards imperial (my main choice) as opposed to my other choices? it is probably the backbone of my work exp section :/

Latest

Trending

Trending