Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    i was being sarcastic
    oh i got that. Just thought with this being in general discussion you might have tried to continue the discussion. Nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    I'm not saying charities should get equal funding, I'm saying human charities should get more than animal charities as I believe humans are more important than animals (and more of us die due to bad conditions/abuse).
    So you're proposing some kind of state intervention to cap animal charities and give anything over some arbitrary figure to 'worthy causes' in order to fit your belief that humans are more important?

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are.

Its common knowledge I think that the dog charty 'Dog's Trust' gets more money per year than any other UK 'charity'. Its outrageous, cancer charities and others that actually make a difference should get the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I cannot beleive you would care so much about what i think. I don't have much sympathy for starving africans, sorry but thats the way i am. Id rather re-home a dog or save tigers or stop seal clubbing KTNXBYE
    yeah, you're mental. ugly and mental

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmor1)
    So you're proposing some kind of state intervention to cap animal charities and give anything over some arbitrary figure to 'worthy causes' in order to fit your belief that humans are more important?
    no one is saying humans are more important. all we are sayin g is that as FELLOW humans of the same species WE should help them before helping others.

don't bring in speciesism or chauvinism...because if humans are then so is every other animal to ever grace the planet. and as animals ourselves surely it makes sense to actually follow what every other species does and look after our own interests first?

there is no objective measure of a species importance....but humans shouldnt play god..we should look after ourselves primarily...that's what being an animal is all about

ReputationRep:
    no one is saying humans are more important. all we are sayin g is that as FELLOW humans of the same species WE should help them before helping others.
    yet why have you drawn the line here? Why not as 'FELLOW' animals?

don't bring in speciesism or chauvinism...because if humans are then so is every other animal to ever grace the planet. and as animals ourselves surely it makes sense to actually follow what every other species does and look after our own interests first?
    but no species matches our abilities - there are no tigers out there debating whether they should donate Zebra steaks to hungry infants not because they don't want to but because they can't.

ReputationRep:
    Just get over it already. Life is luck of the draw. Go give your savings to Africans if you're that bothered. Or collapse in victoria tube station and get trampled to death.

ReputationRep:
    lol no, and I said nothing of the sort. I merely stated that charities based around humans should get more money than those of animals; meaning that people should consciously give more money to their own species - nothing to do with caps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    I cannot beleive you would care so much about what i think. I don't have much sympathy for starving africans, sorry but thats the way i am. Id rather re-home a dog or save tigers or stop seal clubbing KTNXBYE
    Seals just want to rave too

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you're mental. ugly and mental
    And you wonder why i dont give a rats backside about human kind. Thick, shallow, self centred and ass holes the lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    lol no, and I said nothing of the sort. I merely stated that charities based around humans should get more money than those of animals; meaning that people should consciously give more money to their own species - nothing to do with caps.
    I'm so tired, sorry :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Selfishness. No point in denying that is the real reason I think that. There's no objective reason humans are more important than other animals. There's no objective reason why animals are more important than plants. There's no objective reason anything should be alive at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.