Turn on thread page Beta

my girlfriend has got a male friend and its bothering me watch

I reallly dont like him, hes with my girlfriend alone all the time. I have met my girlfriend in our 2nd year of college and started going out half way through. She met him in the 2nd year of secondary school. They are just too close, I think. On her 18th I took him aside and said "I think you and my gf hang out too much so can you please leave her alone" and he said " you dont own her, she can choose herself if she wants to see me". I have spoke to her and she says there isnt a problem. she talks to him about me and when I asked him about this he said "girls talk to their friends about boyfriends, It just happens im a boy aswell"

Is there anyway to get rid of him?
    Should I ask them to stop talking about me?
    Should I say its him or me?

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to her calmly and tell her that whilst you trust and love/care about her immensely you just cant help but feel a bit tossed aside for this guy. That you would like a little bit more attention from her.

She'll probably get the message

ReputationRep:
    You can't get rid of him, he's just going to be there.

Just live your life, and if anything does happen between them then seize the moment but up until then just stop letting it bother you.

I personally however wouldn't want anyone talking about me behind my back, so I can see where you're coming from on that front :p:

Oh, and also, just play it cool. Do other things if your girlfriend says she's seeing him. Act like it doesn't matter, it'll help.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her it irks you. She'll either distance herself from him, you'll learn to accept it, or it breaks you two

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just leave it tbh. I know some people who are practically brothers and sisters. Unless something happens to make you think otherwise I don't see why it should be a problem

ReputationRep:
    Just because he has a penis, it doesn't mean he wants to put it in her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    But he has hormones. It will happen.

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    I think you should just leave it tbh. I know some people who are practically brothers and sisters. Unless something happens to make you think otherwise I don't see why it should be a problem
    something happen lol hes no threat to me and he couldnt get her the ugly *******

This is blates the same OP with the weed-smoking girlfriend.

YOU DO NOT OWN HER.

Kthnx.

ReputationRep:
    OH NOEEEEZZZ. Look, you're being wayy out of order!! They've known each other for AGESS, there is no way you can say whether she can see him or not. Of course she talks about you to him, you're part of her life fgs, It's not necessarily always bad stuff. Girls have guy friends, if they were gonna get together they'd have done it by now, just deal with it. You will definitely not be in her good books if you try and break their friendship up.

lol
    not trying to put u off or anything
    but my gf had a real close friend
    in fact he met her first yr of university, and i had been with my gf for 1.5 before he did..
    yet they grew closer.. she broke up with me this summer(it had nothing to do with him at all she said)
    but 2 weeks later she sed yes to dating him (except that was coz he was was bieng too pushy she said)
    but she said a lot of things =)
    cant trust everything she says!

ah im just ranting..
    tell her to keep her distance from that guy if she really respects you and loves you...
    i personally think theres a limit to friendship...
    if shes spending more time with him than with u, then mate, u have some trouble!

he couldnt if he tried lol he cant get gfs lol

ReputationRep:
    But if the penis isn't extending at the sight of her, why is he still shadowing her, even after the guy insulted him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    something happen lol hes no threat to me and he couldnt get her the ugly *******
    So why are you bothered then.

Although if you give me some money on the side I think I could help make him disappear :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I can understand why it's bothering you, but there's really nothing you can do about it. If you force her to stop seeing him you'll probably push her away. You can't tell her who not to be friends with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    he couldnt if he tried lol he cant get gfs lol
    Why is this ugly guy with no ability to pull such a threat to you then :confused:

What does that make you? :p:

(Original post by elsa_89)
    This is blates the same OP with the weed-smoking girlfriend.

YOU DO NOT OWN HER.

Kthnx.
    im not

ReputationRep:
    I think that you should just let them get on with it. By trying to make him distance himself from her, your looking like the villain of the piece. She's entitled to have friends that are boys, just as your entitled to have friends that are girls.

ReputationRep:
    How likely is it that he's secretly in love with her?

ReputationRep:
    Her friend sounds awesome.

He's right, and as she's known him a lot longer she may well choose him, especially as you would be the one making her choose. So for her sake, tell her to choose.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.