Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

my girlfriend has got a male friend and its bothering me watch

Announcements

(Original post by falls_whisper)
    It's not even an ex, and there doesn't seem to be any indications of them having anything other than a pure friendship. You're being too controlling. I would never stop seeing a close friend simply because my boyfriend didn't like them - unless there was a very valid reason - and I wouldn't expect him to say that to me anyway.
    they slept in the same bed on her 18th, I felt like punching him after that. plus they aare the 2 in the school who everyone says get together but dont

(Original post by Ramps)
    If you act jealous yoi'll only push her away from you and towards him. Trust me the same happened to me. If you have an equivalent gal friend maybe start confiding in her more so your gf isn't the one with all the power.
    I dont have a girl friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    This is blates the same OP with the weed-smoking girlfriend.

YOU DO NOT OWN HER.

Kthnx.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I thought bff & gf were more important than friends. I think I should be the only boy in her life.
    Seriously? Is the phrase "bros before hoes" not at all familiar to you?

Look, this guy sounds like a really decent guy. You can't just cut off two people who have been friends for so long just because of your jealousies and insecurities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    isn that more of a guy phrase?

(Original post by Jadel_L)
    You sound so pathetic.
    Do you really think she's gonna choose you over him? She is allowed to have friends you know.

Do you have any female friends? Because you're saying she should only have two males in her life, so shouldn't that apply to you as well?
    Stop being so stupid and leave her to be friends with whoever she likes.
    why wouldnt she choose me? I dont have female friends

ReputationRep:
    You're being ridiculous, I hope you are a troll because if people really think like that then I've lost all hope. This guy is her friend and she is close to him, you cannot seriously expect her to ditch him just because you say you don't like him. Friends always come first, and just because you don't have any girl mates it doesn't mean you can demand she ditches him. Grow up and get used to the fact you do not own your girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    If she spends more time with him and she enjoys it more then it's obvious what you should do.

END IT, BEFORE IT ENDS YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    isn that more of a guy phrase?
    Well, I guess, but it still applies!

I'm starting to suspect this dude is a troll anyway :rolleyes:

(Original post by ourlastmemory)

Look, this guy sounds like a really decent guy. You can't just cut off two people who have been friends for so long just because of your jealousies and insecurities.
    how does he sound decent? I only know 1 time where he was decent he said " I know it makes you uncomfortable, with me so close to you girl friend but you have to understand shes like my sister and it would be a big line to cross for us to become bf & gf. I think im a nice guy and if you want you can come out with me 1 day and get to know me"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    My best friend is a boy and my first two boyfriends had major issues with him. Trust me, the thought of being involved with him in any way, shape or form probably disgusts her. Just tell her, nicely, that you feel a bit uncomfortable and I'm sure she'll make you see there's nothing to worry about. (:
    Some of them don't though. They just carry on or make it even worse.

ReputationRep:
    I have male friends, and if a boyfriend tried to separate us I'd just lol.

ReputationRep:
    how does he sound decent? I only know 1 time where he was decent he said " I know it makes you uncomfortable, with me so close to you girl friend but you have to understand shes like my sister and it would be a big line to cross for us to become bf & gf. I think im a nice guy and if you want you can come out with me 1 day and get to know me"
    Did you go out?

ReputationRep:
    ...Do you really need more than that?

[QUOTE=ali_bath]
    he said " you dont own her, she can choose herself if she wants to see me". QUOTE]

This.

You're just gonna have to deal with it. The more you try to stop them seeing each other the more you'll push her away.

My boyfriend's best friend is a girl and as hard as it was at first, you have to learn to trust her or you could end up losing her. Maybe try befriending him rather than telling him not to see her.
    he asked me to spend the day to get to know him so I know that hes no problem in the relationship, do you think I should take him up on this?

ReputationRep:
    i have a feeling that the OPs gf best friend is the type of guy that listens to all her problems, and has been friend zoned a while back, so is trying to cockblock for her. I don't know this, but it soudns like this tbf

(Original post by Chrrye)
    Did you go out?
    no, going out with my girlfriends friend without her would be weird

ReputationRep:
    why wouldnt she choose me? I dont have female friends
    Who wants a boyfriend who makes you choose between them and a friend, its pretty obvious.
    If someone told me that i had to choose, my best friend would win every time. If you trusted your girlfriend you wouldn't have any problems with her friend, so i think its obvious what the real problem is here.

ReputationRep:
    Men and women get jealous, it's natural. All the girls here that are being all dykish about it clearly aren't experienced in relationships.

Hypothetically (you may have to stretch your imagination a bit here) - if you had a boyfriend - and he appeared to be closer to one of his female friends than you, and he spent loads of time with her. How would you feel?

(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    i have a feeling that the OPs gf best friend is the type of guy that listens to all her problems, and has been friend zoned a while back, so is trying to cockblock for her. I don't know this, but it soudns like this tbf
    this is true , thats my problem hes too emotionally connected

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.