The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
hes her only friend, they are both misfits. I think I have earnt it even though I have only known her for a year and him 6 years.

ddue there isnt anything you can do, to an extent i understand you, but what do you think you will do, which will make her forget about her friend, if you do anything there is a chance you are risking your relationship, and acutally giving him the advantage, tbh, i see your relationship ending
Anonymous
why would I want to know him?

ffs are you a joke or something?

He's not going anywhere, she's known the guy like 5-6 years longer then you. If it came between losing her friend and you..she'd probably rather lose you, I'm serious.

The guy has offered to let you get to know him, your the one being a dick about it. If he's prepared to talk man to man with you(which by saying lets get to know each other he basically is) then take up his offer, you can tell him what you think of him if you want, settle your issues.

have they got out with each other at any point? If they haven't in like 5-6 years then I doubt it's going to change any time to. But you being all weird and possessive of her and not letting her having guy friends will just piss her off, no wonder she'd want to spend more time with him where she can relax, which is how it should be with you.

Just be cool about it. Obviously if you ask to see her next week and she goes "maybe, but I have to ask X(the friend) first in case he wanted to do something" then yeah there's a problem, but otherwise calm yourself man.:yes:
Anonymous
they slept in the same bed on her 18th, I felt like punching him after that. plus they aare the 2 in the school who everyone says get together but dont

Wow das ****** up. Are you sure this girl is worth the hassel. Sounds like she wouldnt missyou if you left her.
Reply 103
ourlastmemory
Seriously? Is the phrase "bros before hoes" not at all familiar to you?

Look, this guy sounds like a really decent guy. You can't just cut off two people who have been friends for so long just because of your jealousies and insecurities.

This. I was actually going to post that, lol.

What kind of person are you? She's allowed to have friends ffs. Would you like it if she told you you wern't allowed to hang about with any other girls BUT her? Ya know what ya should do, grow some ******* balls, and apologise to them both, and get over yourself. If you said that to me, I'd dump ya so fast your head would spin.
LuhLah
This. I was actually going to post that, lol.

What kind of person are you? She's allowed to have friends ffs. Would you like it if she told you you wern't allowed to hang about with any other girls BUT her? Ya know what ya should do, grow some ******* balls, and apologise to them both, and get over yourself. If you said that to me, I'd dump ya so fast your head would spin.

They slept in the same bed give the guy a break. Friends are fine. But in the same bed. Of cousre hes gona be insecure.
Anonymous
I reallly dont like him, hes with my girlfriend alone all the time. I have met my girlfriend in our 2nd year of college and started going out half way through. She met him in the 2nd year of secondary school. They are just too close, I think. On her 18th I took him aside and said "I think you and my gf hang out too much so can you please leave her alone" and he said " you dont own her, she can choose herself if she wants to see me". I have spoke to her and she says there isnt a problem. she talks to him about me and when I asked him about this he said "girls talk to their friends about boyfriends, It just happens im a boy aswell"

Is there anyway to get rid of him?
Should I ask them to stop talking about me?
Should I say its him or me?

"bothering you" Thats called JEALOUSY and tbh, if you go on like that youll drive her up the wall and she'll ditch you if she knows whats good for her.
Reply 106
rockyone2
They slept in the same bed give the guy a break. Friends are fine. But in the same bed. Of *course hes gona be insecure.

Fair enough. But I still stand by what I said. Maybe if he just dropped it, he'd stop making himself over paranoid.
Reply 107
joey11223
ffs are you a joke or something?

He's not going anywhere, she's known the guy like 5-6 years longer then you. If it came between losing her friend and you..she'd probably rather lose you, I'm serious.

The guy has offered to let you get to know him, your the one being a dick about it. If he's prepared to talk man to man with you(which by saying lets get to know each other he basically is) then take up his offer, you can tell him what you think of him if you want, settle your issues.

have they got out with each other at any point? If they haven't in like 5-6 years then I doubt it's going to change any time to. But you being all weird and possessive of her and not letting her having guy friends will just piss her off, no wonder she'd want to spend more time with him where she can relax, which is how it should be with you.

Just be cool about it. Obviously if you ask to see her next week and she goes "maybe, but I have to ask X(the friend) first in case he wanted to do something" then yeah there's a problem, but otherwise calm yourself man.:yes:

I have heard from people hes so nice anyone who talks to him for more than 5 mins loves him and dont want to let my guard down. They nearly did in year 3 (of their friendship) but its not been mentioned since. I dont like the lad at all how do I know if all that emotional connection doesnt turn them into bf & gf
Anonymous
I have heard from people hes so nice anyone who talks to him for more than 5 mins loves him and dont want to let my guard down. They nearly did in year 3 (of their friendship) but its not been mentioned since. I dont like the lad at all how do I know if all that emotional connection doesnt turn them into bf & gf

Look mate just leave her. In the end you already told us about them get overly close(in bed etc). If she ends up leaving you for him, that will **** you up for a long time. Protect yourself. If you tell her your leaving and she actually makes an attempt to keep you. Maybe, just maybe you can trust her.
Profesh
So you're saying that rape is inevitable? What a dim view of mankind you must have.

Who said anything about rape?
Reply 110
rockyone2
They slept in the same bed give the guy a break. Friends are fine. But in the same bed. Of cousre hes gona be insecure.

and just to note their defence (which was good) was he was ment to sleep on the sofa and me in the bed but I passed out on the sofa and she wouldnt let him sleep on the floor
nish81
Agreed. But I was responding to the implication that every male is sexually attracted to every girl (assuming the girl is good looking) because of their hormones. At least, that's how I took your post :smile:

I meant that he is most probably attracted to her and one day he won't be able to control himself.
Anonymous
and just to note their defence (which was good) was he was ment to sleep on the sofa and me in the bed but I passed out on the sofa and she wouldnt let him sleep on the floor

ahh you misslead me man :o: I was on your side aswell.
Reply 113
rockyone2
ahh you misslead me man :o: I was on your side aswell.

but he still shouldnt havent got into the bed
U should count ur stars bud, this guy is probably some nice guy loser who listens to all ur gf's bs and problems while shes going home to sleep with u, most guys would kill for that situation. She gets her emotional needs from the other guy while u get to bang her, i couldnt be happier, haha
Reply 115
BrianGretzky99
U should count ur stars bud, this guy is probably some nice guy loser who listens to all ur gf's bs and problems while shes going home to sleep with u, most guys would kill for that situation. She gets her emotional needs from the other guy while u get to bang her, i couldnt be happier, haha

I never thought of that:biggrin:
You know what, it's probably crossed his mind but he's been in the friend zone for years so it's unlikely it is anything more than that, at least from her point of view. I could see how you might be annoyed if she spent more time with him than she does you..is this true? If not then stop your worrying!
Why can't a girl & a guy be good friends without anything happening?

My best friend's a guy, I've known him since year 7, nothing like that's ever happened between us and never will. We don't like one another in that way and we're both happy with it being like that. I spend a lot of time with him, and if I was to get a boyfriend I wouldn't let that change, he's just a friend, it doesn't matter to me that he's a boy.

And at a guess, if she's going out with you, she wants you not him. So don't feel jealous/threatened.
Anonymous

OMG Your right!?!

He's too nice, he must have a scheming hidden agenda to shag every person he talks to. You know what OP, i think you should just take a chainsaw and rewire his head to make him nasty and ignorant and annoying so that he kicks everyone he talks to, that way he wont be able to emotionally connect with anything!!!! Problems solved! No need to thank me, its commen sense:yes:
Reply 119
Overprotective / possessive much?

She has the right to have male friends as well ya know...

:facepalm:

Latest

Trending

Trending