Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently applying for my second year of finance (well have been trying too for 3 months now) but have run into a problem.

Simply my dad has quit work and is currently unemployed at home so cannot support me anymore which means I need to be income assessed. Which is fine, I went to get the tax form for 07-08.

However it was full of errors it said my dad had made around half a million pounds in interest from banks alone, which should have said £0. So we phoned up Inland Revenue and they told us to send a letter detailing the mistakes, which I did before I went on holiday.

I came back after two weeks with no reply from them, it now being early august I am worried, as I only have the Tuition fee confirmed and Standard loan confirmed which only just covers my rent.

So I cannot send in 07-08 tax form as it is wrong but I think I remember reading somewhere I could send off 09 by completing another form, what should I do please help :confused: .

ReputationRep:
    Phone them, and ask them what to do. That way they'll be prepared for what you are gonna do, and so you won't be waiting ages for them to work it out.
    They really aren't so bad to talk too, they sorted me out, so give them a call tomorrow. They'll be used to this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tipitman)
    I am currently applying for my second year of finance (well have been trying too for 3 months now) but have run into a problem.

Simply my dad has quit work and is currently unemployed at home so cannot support me anymore which means I need to be income assessed. Which is fine, I went to get the tax form for 07-08.

However it was full of errors it said my dad had made around half a million pounds in interest from banks alone, which should have said £0. So we phoned up Inland Revenue and they told us to send a letter detailing the mistakes, which I did before I went on holiday.

I came back after two weeks with no reply from them, it now being early august I am worried, as I only have the Tuition fee confirmed and Standard loan confirmed which only just covers my rent.

So I cannot send in 07-08 tax form as it is wrong but I think I remember reading somewhere I could send off 09 by completing another form, what should I do please help :confused: .
    Your dad is up to some fishy business deals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roberto_Ferrari)
    Your dad is up to some fishy business deals
    Nah I ommited the part where he has worked abroad nearly all his life, so is a tax domicile (doesn't pay tax) well I phoned them up and they say to send the one with errors and the current year one, which I don't have at the moment as inland revenue havent sent it yet. So more delays :rolleyes: .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.