Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is student finance england's helpline number? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know student finance england's helpline number? I am planning on calling them about the cb2 forms.

ReputationRep:
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisdom-tooth)
    Google is your friend. It took me 10 seconds literally to find it.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dire...acts/DG_172310
    I already called that number. But when I typed in my customer reference number and my pin number (the day and month of my birthday) they said that they do not match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildStriker)
    I already called that number. But when I typed in my customer reference number and my pin number (the day and month of my birthday) they said that they do not match.
    Whilst this isn't specific to the SFE helpline, most automated telephone systems will put you through to an operator if you enter incorrect details several times - have you tried re-entering the details? Alternatively, pressing * or 0 repeatedly may get you through to a person who can help you (can anyone confirm?).

ReputationRep:
    0845 300 50 90

I think they ask you for your CRN and your pin if you want an automated response on how your application is going. But if you choose the '0' (zero) option, then you can wait to speak to an advisor, make yourself a cup of coffee because you will be put on hold for atleast ten minutes, no doubt. (longest I've been on hold was for about 23 minutes). Then the advisor will ask for yor CRN and some letters from your secret password. So make sure you have some of the login details ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WildStriker)
    Also, CrazyChris's post in another thread, might help:
    (Original post by CrazyChris)
    Somewhere else said just keep pressing buttons to get through to a person, who you can then confirm your date of birth with.
    My pin was DMYY instead of DDMM consider switching your month around, but otherwise try and press buttons just to get through.
    If you haven't got your PIN printed on any correspondence from SFE to check it, try the DMYY format instead and see if that gets you anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    0141 243 3929

An alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep pressing the "#" key on your handset to get through to a real person*. Nevermind that pin stuff, it never worked for me either.

*Saw this on Watchdog, ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon I would like to have student finance England helpline number I need to speak to some one I forget my password to get on stpoline.

kind regards
    Claudette anderson

ReputationRep:
    Given all of the recent problems with contacting Student Finance England, I thought it would help if I share an alternative, geographic telephone number for Student Finance England. Unlike numbers that have previously been posted in this forum, this number will go through directly to the assessments team. Hopefully this will help those of you still waiting for your finance applications to be fully processed. The number is 01325 21 52 08 (source), and it's available from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.