Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am currently trying to go through clearing to get onto a uni course starting this year in 2009 (if possible). I have applied to ucas for this year and obviously I can only go through clearing and not choose uni’s etc.
    I understand I have to write my personal statement but I am confused as to what I do with the reference section as if I applied this year in college my college would have done this section for me. I still need to get either my tutor or one of my teachers to fill out this section and I don’t understand whether they have to email me their reference and i copy and paste it into the reference field on the ucas site and fill in their information? Or is it different?
    And last question do I still have to pay £19 to do my application even if its late and only for clearing?

    any help is appreciated

    I have transferred Uni's this year and had to get my lecturer to e mail me the reference, then I pasted it in. It was fine. I wrote in their details after checking the right address & phone number for him, in case they needed to contact him to ask any questions.

    Oh, and probably you'll have to pay the £19, if only to make sure! But you can always e mail them I suppose to check.
    • Thread Starter

    ok thanks for the help! ill just email one of my teachers for a reference then and do the details manually

    Yes you still have to pay the full application fee to UCAS.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.