Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried smoothing serums and that? And blow drying it flat?

EDIT: how curly is your hair? Or if its straight, will it hold a curl? Just describle what your hair is like in a bit more detail

ReputationRep:
    Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    Ok :P where to start and then what:

This is my regime, I sometimes leave out some of the steps just because I can't be bothered, or it can sometimes be too much especially if my hair is really greasy.

Conditioner: Preferably one for frizzy/thick hair or a "salon silk" one, you get my jist. Leave it on for a few minutes, otherwise it doesn't work as well, then rinse. Don't put it on your roots if you get greasy hair. I use Treseme Salon Silk conditioner.

Leave-in conditioner: Don't really need it but it takes out tangles and keeps your hair a bit smoother. Wouldn't really pair it with a deep conditioner. Don't put it on your roots if you get greasy hair. I use Ore.an hair culture instant leave-in conditioner.

Serum: Kind of keeps a hold, shines and smooths all at the same time, as well as helps to prevent frizz. I use about a pea-sized ammount per section (I'll explain in a bit) on damp hair - not dripping, not drying. Don't put it on your roots if you get greasy hair. I use Osis+ Magic Gloss Serum.

Blow drying: You need a powerful hairdryer with a nozzle, you know the one thats like a slim rectangle at the end, and a brush and hair grip.
    - Brush your hair to the back of your head, so you don't have a parting.
    - Section your hair about an inch or two from the nape of your neck (I take my thumbs from behind my ears and meet in the middle, then separate whats underneath and above them, and twist into a grip on top of my head).
    - Smoothing serum, and move your hair to each side of your neck so you can see it in the mirror.
    - Roll your brush on the underside of your hair - like they do in salons - and kind of place the hairdryer on the brush so your hair is sandwiched between, and slide down your hair sort of slowly to dry. NOTE that you should point the hairdryer to the floor to prevent frizz. If you go over it a bit after its dried, it should smooth it a bit more.
    - Work up the rest of your hair in sections. It should keep it a bit thinner, and it does take practice.
    * Youtube should show you how to blow dry if you can't understand me

Straighteners: Section your hair again.

Cold blast: Just smooth down your hair with a cool blast from your hairdryer.

Wax: Keeps the frizz away. Don't need much at all - just enough is fine.

Shine spray: If you want to Bed Head is good.

Bumble and Bumble have products for thick hair, though I don't know how good they are.

I hope this is a bit useful

ReputationRep:
    You do know the OP is a guy right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    You do know the OP is a guy right?
    Does it make a difference? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ah.Cheesecake.)
    Does it make a difference? :p:
    Well he isnt goign to curl and blow dry his hair is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Well he isnt goign to curl and blow dry his hair is he?
    Well not curl :P haha didn't he say that he has long hair?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.