Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My gf loves me yet she wants to break up with me and I don't! Am I pathetic? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For those who think shes cheated on me? NO! because she believes in no sex before marriage...
    True. Just because she feels guilty doesnt mean shes cheated on him.

Anyone would feel guilty if they had to break up with someone who clearly still loved them.

ReputationRep:
    It must be a really hard thing to accept. I've been in a similar position but I was the one who dumped by other half. From my perspective I will say this - begging isn't attractive. For me it really made me realise why I didn't want to be with him and it actually quite annoyed me. I completely understood that he would struggle to be friends only but at the end of the day you most likely cannot change her mind.

I think you need to try and accept what's happened and start moving on.. don't cling on to hopes that she will change her mind because it won't help in the long run.

Also, do you really want to stay with someone who doesn't want to be with you? Can you not imagine how unsatisfying that would be.. knowing she didn't want to be with you and that she was unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    The way she told you that you deserve someone better implies that she may have cheated? Maybe?
    Thats what i thought, its doesnt have to involve sex you know. But i dont know in this case

Also, do you really want to stay with someone who doesn't want to be with you? Can you not imagine how unsatisfying that would be.. knowing she didn't want to be with you and that she was unhappy.
    True say..

ReputationRep:
    It is funny how so many 15-18 year olds say "I love her/him to bits/pieces".

ReputationRep:
    Just give it up, I was in a relationship like this for a year and a half aswell. I wanted to be with her more than she did in the end - and I also thought she changed. It's not worth it, there's plenty of better girls out there. Find a girl that appreciates you before you go out with them.

It is funny how so many 15-18 year olds say "I love her/him to bits/pieces".
    It's just because you haven't been in a similar situation...

It makes me sad when people say she doesn't appreciate me! I know her TOO WELL and I know she loves me alot but I don't understand why she doesn't tell me what happened or the reason why shes changed...

Her sayin that she dosent deserve you rings alarm bells and her acting towards you like you are a friend - i hate to say it and am probably wrong but have you though maybe she likes someone else?
    I don't know her so i might be wrong and maybe she just feels differently - she could just think you both want different things in your lives - are you going off to uni and so she thinks its best to leave things like they are.
    I have to say though you sayin you have given up a lot - how old are you - you shouldnt be making sacrifices for a relationship at your age - maybe she just thinks the relationship is holding you back .

ReputationRep:

It makes me sad when people say she doesn't appreciate me! I know her TOO WELL and I know she loves me alot but I don't understand why she doesn't tell me what happened or the reason why shes changed...
    This is sounding A LOT like my situation so maybe take a bit of my advice. She didn't tell me either (well, not a real, proper reason anyway) but that doesn't matter.

Look at the facts - she's changed and she doesn't want to be with you - you NEED to get over her. I know everyone says this and I thought that whoever said this was just being annoying but time does heal all wounds.

I was VERY sad at first when she broke up with me but after time went by I realised how I DID deserve better and that she was right. You might have had fun, and me and my ex did have fun - a lot of it, but maybe she has realised you two just aren't meant for each other? After some time has passed you'll realise that it was better off breaking up because you will find someone better suited and that will properly love you.

ReputationRep:

As in desperate and pathetic? Yes, I haven't been in such a position. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.