Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im Louise Im 22 living with my partner and baby. Off to UEA to completet my final year of MOdern History.

It's strange that although I live in Great Yarmouth I don't know anyone going to the UEA.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you Adam? I'm afraid to say I'm a fellow Yarko and I might be going next month!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sorry to hear you live in Yarmouth...

Anyway, I'm another local going to UEA - Film & American Studies.

@Adam - I think we were in the same ENSFC year!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't consider UEA at all until now, and depending on how things go on results day I may or may not enter for pharmacy or biomedicine through clearing. I'm actually kinda hoping I do miss my firm so I just have to release from my insurance - I've changed my mind far too many times since choosing them in Februrary, and it's resulted in me wanting to stay in Norfolk.. who would have thought.

ReputationRep:
    hiya does anyone know the lowest grades UEA would allow for entry to pharmacy this september?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyonce22)
    hiya does anyone know the lowest grades UEA would allow for entry to pharmacy this september?
    Their offer is ABB-BBB, including chemistry and another science. Don't know if they drop the requirements at all in clearing - I'm kinda hoping they do!

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh i really hope they do :-( is there anyway of getting on a pharmacy course at UEA without resitting A levels? like could i try and get on a biomedicine course and transer after the 1st year? Or do i need to resit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyonce22)
    Oh gosh i really hope they do :-( is there anyway of getting on a pharmacy course at UEA without resitting A levels? like could i try and get on a biomedicine course and transer after the 1st year? Or do i need to resit?
    Well entry requirements for biomedicine are the same, so I'm not so sure if that would be any easier! Let's just keep our fingers crossed that they're a little lenient for the entry requirements for pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    A good mark in the science foundation year could lead to transferring to Pharmacy. You would need an average mark for the year of 75%, with at least 75% in both chemistry modules. Good luck with your results this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffolkb)
    A good mark in the science foundation year could lead to transferring to Pharmacy. You would need an average mark for the year of 75%, with at least 75% in both chemistry modules. Good luck with your results this week.

How would you go about applying for that course? Or would I have to try and do it through clearing? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I didn`t get my grades last year for Natural Sciences and they offered me the science foundation year instead. The course (code F008) seems to be in clearing this year, so you should have a good chance of getting on it. But, hopefully, you will get the grades you want on Thursday. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suffolkb)
    I didn`t get my grades last year for Natural Sciences and they offered me the science foundation year instead. The course (code F008) seems to be in clearing this year, so you should have a good chance of getting on it. But, hopefully, you will get the grades you want on Thursday. All the best.

OMG thanks u so much!

ReputationRep:
    I live in Norwich with my almost 4 year old daughter. Im going to be studying society, culture and media. Nice to meet you all!

ReputationRep:
    I live between Ipswich and Diss, so I am kind of local, I go to Norwich a lot. But I will be living at UEA (if I get in that is!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HerRoyalHighness)
    Im Louise Im 22 living with my partner and baby. Off to UEA to completet my final year of MOdern History.
    Hello I live in Dereham and going to UEA to study nursing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.