Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else know their grades for DiDA already. My teacher did some kind of exam for internal marking or something so he doesn't need to send off any of our work to be marked unless Edexcel ask for a sample.

=]

Takes some pressure off results day knowing that I have those two grades ensured. Still, it meant that we were doing extra coursework anytime possible so that our teacher was sure that we had achieved a double Distinction (the abled ones probably got full marks :yes:).

ReputationRep:
    I know the mark my teacher gave me, but as he's a complete ******* moron, then I can't be particularly confident in it

ReputationRep:
    Well they still might all be sent off as they will ask for a sample and see how they agree with them. For eexample my school had said I'd got a distinction for the full DiDA but then results came and only got Credit.

ReputationRep:
    CiDA was the biggest load of balls. No one even knows what it is- it was such a waste of time.
    My school tested it on our year, decided it was rubbish and dropped it so we were the only year who had to take it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh anyone else do Dance o'clock and Chill Out Here?

ReputationRep:
    I did this last year.
    What a total waste of my time. It is utter ****.

I got, 2 credits (so BB) for hours and hours of basically print screening.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Even though I got 4 A*, I thought that it was time consuming and most of my time was working on this project. I was the only person in my year to get this grade, for I had patience!

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 B's and 1 A - the effort was tantamount to the result.

ReputationRep:
    Do they even count as real GCSE'S ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlock.H)
    Do they even count as real GCSE'S ?
    It is classed as a seperate qualification entirely but each unit it the equivilant to one GCSE, in theory.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I helped pupils with their Dance o'Clock stuff. You poor poor people. I'd have gone mad had I had to do that myself. It was rediculous that students were asking to do their English work in the three hours a week set aside for DiDA and CiDA and we weren't allowed to let them. They had to keep doing their projects whether it meant they'd fail English or not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i did CiDA and didnt find out how i did until my GCSE results day (2 years ago)

got a double merit MM woo :p:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I did Dance O Clock. The most tedious **** I have ever had the misfortune to endure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    It is classed as a seperate qualification entirely but each unit it the equivilant to one GCSE, in theory.
    So if someone got 3 A*'s they'd count as actual,proper 3 A*'s :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlock.H)
    So if someone got 3 A*'s they'd count as actual,proper 3 A*'s :confused:
    I don't think you can get 3 GCSEs.
    DiDA is 4 units worth 4 GCSEs.
    CiDA is 2 units worth 2 GCSEs.
    AiDA is 1 unit worth 1 GCSE.

My school wisely chose for us to only do CiDA, this means the first year is unit 1 and the second is unit 2. In Year 11 they offer CiDA students an enrichment course they call CiDA+ which is basically the last two units to make DiDA, however other students can do CiDA+ in order to achieve CiDA.

ReputationRep:
    I did the CiDA course, D201 and D203.
    It seemed tedious at the time, but I enjoyed it, seeing it all fall into place the night before.

That being said, my teacher thinks I'm a monumental ass, so I can see her marking me down for a 'Reality Check'.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can get 3 GCSEs.
    DiDA is 4 units worth 4 GCSEs.
    CiDA is 2 units worth 2 GCSEs.
    AiDA is 1 unit worth 1 GCSE.

My school wisely chose for us to only do CiDA, this means the first year is unit 1 and the second is unit 2. In Year 11 they offer CiDA students an enrichment course they call CiDA+ which is basically the last two units to make DiDA, however other students can do CiDA+ in order to achieve CiDA.
    Yes your right, but I'm certain CIDA+ is worth 3 GCSE's since its between CIDA and DIDA.

Though I'm still confused, are they actual proper grades that are counted.

ReputationRep:
    I did AiDA in Yr10 and CiDA in Yr11.

Got Merit in AiDA

No idea for CiDA, but it must have been alright as the teacher didn't email to tell me it was crap and wasn't entering me

ReputationRep:
    I got A*A*, but still i gotta say I hated ICT and it was the most time consuming.

Oh I did 'Dance O' Clock' aswell!

ReputationRep:
    Got A*A*.

It was the most time consuming, dull thing I've ever completed in my life.

And the words Dance o'Clock still make me incredibly angry, as do 'danceometer' and 'make a catch'
    xo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.