(Original post by Sherlock.H)
    So if someone got 3 A*'s they'd count as actual,proper 3 A*'s :confused:
    Not proper no, but equivilant to it.

(Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I don't think you can get 3 GCSEs.
    DiDA is 4 units worth 4 GCSEs.
    CiDA is 2 units worth 2 GCSEs.
    AiDA is 1 unit worth 1 GCSE.

My school wisely chose for us to only do CiDA, this means the first year is unit 1 and the second is unit 2. In Year 11 they offer CiDA students an enrichment course they call CiDA+ which is basically the last two units to make DiDA, however other students can do CiDA+ in order to achieve CiDA.
    You can get 3. My certificate tells me so :P
    What they do is you chose which one you want for employers really, on the certificate depending on how many units you did you will get it telling you the qualification for each of the AiDA, CiDA, DiDA. What could happen is that you can it can look better if you do the 3 and not the four, say for example if you get like 5 marks on one unit, and in all others did really well then you might get a considerably worse grade for one unit than another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serendipity ♥)
    Got A*A*.

It was the most time consuming, dull thing I've ever completed in my life.

And the words Dance o'Clock still make me incredibly angry, as do 'danceometer' and 'make a catch'
    xo
    I did Make a Catch after everything else (including my review [which incidentally I didn't update afterwards]) because our teacher didn't know what to do for it. We waited to see that the other group just did a powerpoint, although my teacher was pretty disappointed when I chose not to make a flash video. Still, it ended up looking quite cool - you couldn't read a word but at least it got your attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I did Make a Catch after everything else (including my review [which incidentally I didn't update afterwards]) because our teacher didn't know what to do for it. We waited to see that the other group just did a powerpoint, although my teacher was pretty disappointed when I chose not to make a flash video. Still, it ended up looking quite cool - you couldn't read a word but at least it got your attention.
    Pretty much what I did.

I faked the whole team work aspect of cash4kids as well.

Its quite easy to get a good mark as long as you lie... and ignore everything your teachers say

ReputationRep:
    I did the Snack Attack thing.

I never want to hear someone say Snack Attack or anything like that EVER AGAIN.

CiDA was fun though, Tell me a Story.

I did Jack and the beanstalk... with a twist

ReputationRep:
    Im doing CIDA. We've done the first unit, Dance-o-clock, which I got fed up with because of the endless screenprints and because it was so time consuming. btw, is the CIDA qualifacation even worth anything, because nobody ever seems to even know what it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serendipity ♥)
    Got A*A*.

It was the most time consuming, dull thing I've ever completed in my life.

And the words Dance o'Clock still make me incredibly angry, as do 'danceometer' and 'make a catch'
    xo
    Snap!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hexasol)
    I did the Snack Attack thing.

I never want to hear someone say Snack Attack or anything like that EVER AGAIN.

CiDA was fun though, Tell me a Story.

I did Jack and the beanstalk... with a twist
    I had to help teach the Tell Me a Story unit and I almost went crazy with some of the stories the students were coming up with. And the number of students that couldn't work out how to actually construct anything from cardboard almost drove me completely insane. We had people printing things upside down, reversed, the wrong size and everything else imaginable. And don't even get my started on the kids that were zooming to near impossible sizes to remove every single pixel of a logo they found and then decided they didn't like it :eek3:

I hated it. I hope you guys pity your poor poor teachers :p:

ReputationRep:
    I decided to do the theme of horror for my chill out zone. It resulted in an inevitably hard to withstand atmosphere... I didn't say that you could chill out there in fact quite the opposite, my tag-line was "can you chill out here?" (probably shoud've been could but grammar isn't really DiDA). Every now and again I would introduce a new section of the story.

Basically, as it went I was investigating the mystery of a house and the torturer that owned it. Most of the story was in the Review however I decided to be imaginative when it came to the initial cushion designs creating a new aspect to the character.

My teacher wasn't impressed, mostly mentioning it as a waste of time, I still don't think he properly marked any of my work though. He would tell me to do things that I had done when he marked my work two times ago. He made me redo all my paperwork, which I took seriously with some artistic doodling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I had to help teach the Tell Me a Story unit and I almost went crazy with some of the stories the students were coming up with. And the number of students that couldn't work out how to actually construct anything from cardboard almost drove me completely insane. We had people printing things upside down, reversed, the wrong size and everything else imaginable. And don't even get my started on the kids that were zooming to near impossible sizes to remove every single pixel of a logo they found and then decided they didn't like it :eek3:

I hated it. I hope you guys pity your poor poor teachers :p:
    xD I think our teacher pitied us more. He gave us all so many extentions. I drew everything on flash and made animated endings by stopmotion... it took so much time >_< Especially with Electronics coursework too @[email protected] but that went okay, CiDA would have been worse xP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    It is classed as a seperate qualification entirely but each unit it the equivilant to one GCSE, in theory.

i am applying to universities for medicine and i have cida+ but it comes up as distinction on the ucas, would the unis consider it as 3A* and i have a letter from my head of year saying it is equivalent to 3A*.

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Step_into_my_world)
    i am applying to universities for medicine and i have cida+ but it comes up as distinction on the ucas, would the unis consider it as 3A* and i have a letter from my head of year saying it is equivalent to 3A*.

thank you
    Well only in sixth form my self :P

But I'm not sure, I think they would take into the account that it is equivilant to them and if not they should still reconise it as a qualification in it's own right. Afterall it is nationally reconised.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the DIDA this year..

According to my teacher AIDAs (One Unit) is Theoretically going to take like half a year.

But as soon as I started I realised it was piss easy, and the plan, which basically has the dates of when I'm going to finish the first Unit.. Is in just one month.

I've just started and done about 20 Print screens, :woo: ..

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have a CIDA+ and am wondering which of these unis accepts this qualification as much as GCSEs.
    > Imperial College London
    > King's College London
    > Oxford/Cambridge
    > University of Bath
    > University College London
    > Edinburgh
    > University of Southampton
    > Warick
    > Lancaster
    > Bristol

Any of these which you know accept or do not accept DIDA would be much appreciated. Our teacher told us today and I am ******* annoyed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.