Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start my third year of university in September, and I'm pregnant. The baby is due at the end of this year, and I plan to manage both the baby and my studies. Is there anyone in the same situation, or has been?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Well I'm not exactly in the same position, but I am 36 going to Kent this year as a mature student and will also be a new dad next year! My wife will be taking maternity leave but going back to work as she has a good job and will be the main bread winner.

So I'll be looking after the baby during the week and studying too - obviously with family help, but interested in the facilities and help available like you.

Matt

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm not sure specifically of the facilities at Kent uni, but I know there are day nurseries that take babies from 3 months if you need help with childcare. Riverside opposite Kingsmead Leisure Centre is a good one.

Also, as a student with a baby, you'll be entitled to Adult's Dependents Grant, Parents Learning Allowance, Childcare Grant, and Child Tax Credits.

ReputationRep:
    There is a nursery on campus- info here

However I have never seen anyone [visibly] pregnant on campus. It would probably be best to email the uni and let them know of your situation early, so they can give you all the support available.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.