Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start my third year of university in September, and I'm pregnant. The baby is due at the end of this year, and I plan to manage both the baby and my studies. Is there anyone in the same situation, or has been?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Well I'm not exactly in the same position, but I am 36 going to Kent this year as a mature student and will also be a new dad next year! My wife will be taking maternity leave but going back to work as she has a good job and will be the main bread winner.

So I'll be looking after the baby during the week and studying too - obviously with family help, but interested in the facilities and help available like you.

Matt

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm not sure specifically of the facilities at Kent uni, but I know there are day nurseries that take babies from 3 months if you need help with childcare. Riverside opposite Kingsmead Leisure Centre is a good one.

Also, as a student with a baby, you'll be entitled to Adult's Dependents Grant, Parents Learning Allowance, Childcare Grant, and Child Tax Credits.

ReputationRep:
    There is a nursery on campus- info here

However I have never seen anyone [visibly] pregnant on campus. It would probably be best to email the uni and let them know of your situation early, so they can give you all the support available.

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.