Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    There is a greater reward when reading with congregation than your own, why miss the chance when it can be done.
    Actually, i don't think there is, if a person is able to do qiyaam in long hours with proper qur'anic tajweed, they might in fact be gaining more by staying away from the congregation. But generally speaking it is better to go as people are not likely to be motivated to do tahajjud at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Nah it is a sunnah. But sunnah is not a MUST as you said before.

Spoiler:
    Show
    you've regained your annoying status. :rolleyes:
    Here read Malsy's post...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1983

I know Sunnah does not have the same status as Fard, but it is almost Fard when the person is healthy, has the time and has no other excuses for missing out on it. As I said Taraweeh is Sunnah Muakkidah a highly recommended sunnah, missing it out regularly without a valid excuse can lead to a sin. Muslim's nowadays want the easy way out, whatever is the easier option they want to follow even if that means missing out on the practices of the prophet SAW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    exactly. it really angers me. especially the way I've been asked on here; it's like OMG NO WAY YOU HAVE TO BE ONE OTHERWISE GTFO YOU ARE NOT MUSLIM. SIMPLE

it's like wth, sometimes things are a bit more complicated than that especially with my circumstances.
    I agree but at the same time, you must be aware of what your family follows then? Different sects are slightly different and even though you class yourself as simply a Muslim, it is hard to be just that, and not be a Muslim who follows a certain theology. I mean, I follow the Sunni one, but I just don't refer to myself as a Sunni as much as I refer to myself as a Muslim. If that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Sorry but I'm not that deeply informed about the theologies. I do what's required that should be enough. I'm seriously not going to go into this though.
    Lol, where do you learn what's required? I'll leave you alone as you seem frustrated, but believe me, you do follow an opinion even though you might not be aware of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Lol, where do you learn what's required? I'll leave you alone as you seem frustrated, but believe me, you do follow an opinion even though you might not be aware of it.

Most likely yeah

But as I said I will not distinguish myself, tbh.(if i can).

ReputationRep:
    Actually, i don't think there is, if a person is able to do qiyaam in long hours with proper qur'anic tajweed, they might in fact be gaining more by staying away from the congregation. But generally speaking it is better to go as people are not likely to be motivated to do tahajjud at home.
    Ibn `Umar quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: "The reward of salah performed congregation outweighs that of salah performed individually by twenty-seven degrees." (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Hurayrah quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: "The prayer of a man in congregation is twenty-five times more superior (in reward) to his prayer in his house or the market – and this is because he makes the wudu' (ablution) and perfects it, and goes to the mosque with the sole intention of performing salah. He does not take a step without being exalted in degree and having one of his sins obliterated. When he prays, as long as his wudu' is still valid, the angels continue to pray [for him]: 'O Allah, bless him. O Allah, bestow Mercy on him.' He is considered as if he is performing salah as long as he is waiting for the salah." (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    Ibn `Umar quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: "The reward of salah performed congregation outweighs that of salah performed individually by twenty-seven degrees." (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Hurayrah quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: "The prayer of a man in congregation is twenty-five times more superior (in reward) to his prayer in his house or the market – and this is because he makes the wudu' (ablution) and perfects it, and goes to the mosque with the sole intention of performing salah. He does not take a step without being exalted in degree and having one of his sins obliterated. When he prays, as long as his wudu' is still valid, the angels continue to pray [for him]: 'O Allah, bless him. O Allah, bestow Mercy on him.' He is considered as if he is performing salah as long as he is waiting for the salah." (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
    I knew that was coming, those are in reference to the fardh salah. Those that are sunnah however, it is better to perform them alone, i don't know how many people know this but the Prophet saw recommended sunnah prayers to be performed at home, after the congregation, he (saw) used to pray his sunnah after reaching his house.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Here read Malsy's post...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1983

I know Sunnah does not have the same status as Fard, but it is almost Fard when the person is healthy, has the time and has no other excuses for missing out on it. As I said Taraweeh is Sunnah Muakkidah a highly recommended sunnah, missing it out regularly without a valid excuse can lead to a sin. Muslim's nowadays want the easy way out, whatever is the easier option they want to follow even if that means missing out on the practices of the prophet SAW.
    :yep: I agree.
    I also read in a few places about it being a sin if it is deliberately ommitted. And just to make sure I just re-checked on an islamic website and it also said that it is Sunnah Muakkidah
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by farhan)
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, check out these beautiful pics. I don't know why but they brought a tear to my eyes.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...adan_2009.html

ReputationRep:
    I was suprised by the length of Obama's message to the muslims, it is clearly a political agenda but even so, that was rather an extensive research on Islam by a president.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Guys, check out these beautiful pics. I don't know why but they brought a tear to my eyes.

Thanks Someone else already posted them on this thread though

ReputationRep:
    I knew that was coming, those are in reference to the fardh salah. Those that are sunnah however, it is better to perform them alone, i don't know how many people know this but the Prophet saw recommended sunnah prayers to be performed at home, after the congregation, he (saw) used to pray his sunnah after reaching his house.
    Well I was referring to the Fard salaah anyways, in response to someone who said it's okay to also read at home, when in case you'll be missing out on the reward if it is possible to go. Yes I agree though about reading the Sunnah at home.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)

Oooo 'kheer' > 'rasmalai'

:ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Oooo 'rasmalai' > 'kheer'
    Corrected :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was suprised by the length of Obama's message to the muslims, it is clearly a political agenda but even so, that was rather an extensive research on Islam by a president.
    It brought a big smile to my face. I'm sure he knew the things already as his dad was a Muslim. He was talking as if he knew all that rather than rehearsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Corrected :p:

I know it's not as popular but i don't like cold desserts so..with kheer you can have it warm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.