Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    awww...lol maybe they've stopped now...its quiet in here:p:
    lol no I can start if you want, all we need is a couple united fans. Nah Joking I'm off to Isha/Taraweeh anyways. Salaam.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    awww...lol maybe they've stopped now...its quiet in here:p:
    About time :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    lol no I can start if you want, all we need is a couple united fans. Nah Joking I'm off to Isha/Taraweeh anyways. Salaam.
    lol:p: ...Salaam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    About time :p:
    Haha =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    you get me.

I hate football soooooooooo much!
    you're joking right? You don't atleast play it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    you're joking right? You don't atleast play it?
    nope. i watch sometimes (like world cup) but that it

ReputationRep:
    nope. i watch sometimes (like world cup) but that it
    Are you from the UK ? I mean were you born here ?

ReputationRep:
    hungry =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Are you from the UK ? I mean were you born here ?
    from Yemen. but lived nearly all my life in London

ReputationRep:
    hungry =(
    you always hungry lol

ReputationRep:
    you always hungry lol
    lol how do you know?:p:

ReputationRep:
    hey all you lovely people I just wanted to do a quick little check thing, seeing as we're all muslims in this thread: there seem to be a lot of muslims drinking alcohol at uni, at wherever, it may not be in big amounts or it may well be - i just wanted to see if anyone here actually drinks and can justify doing it... i've had this discussion several times at school and the people can never fully justify it.. surprisingly enough :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    hey all you lovely people I just wanted to do a quick little check thing, seeing as we're all muslims in this thread: there seem to be a lot of muslims drinking alcohol at uni, at wherever, it may not be in big amounts or it may well be - i just wanted to see if anyone here actually drinks and can justify doing it... i've had this discussion several times at school and the people can never fully justify it.. surprisingly enough :rolleyes:
    Oh dear. Yeah I know a few "Muslims" who do and I show my disapproval. They never justify it and there's only so much I can say to them. I automatically lose respect for them and can never look at them the same way again.

Sorry I'm no help though since I don't drink!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Oh dear. Yeah I know a few "Muslims" who do and I show my disapproval. They never justify it and there's only so much I can say to them. I automatically lose respect for them and can never look at them the same way again.

Sorry I'm no help though since I don't drink!
    Yeah I know what you mean.... theres only so much you can say without sounding all preachy and tbh, they dont want to hear any of it.. I have lost respect for quite a few after I found out they had started this at uni.. quite sad really

Also - nice to know there are those that keep a lid on drunken misadventures so to say :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Erm i don't think this is true.

ReputationRep:
    what do muslims do on fresher's week?

ReputationRep:
    what do muslims do on fresher's week?
    I didn't go to freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    I didn't go to freshers week.
    why not? I would love to go...but i don't know what there is for muslims to do...

ReputationRep:
    why not? I would love to go...but i don't know what there is for muslims to do...
    All the events seem to revolve around alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    me no drinkie..
    but i have asked just a couple of my Muslim friends who do... I've never received a proper answer, it's usually a shrug and sideways glance with a "meeeeh I dono.."
    I tend not to delve deeper though because I don't think it's my place.. I dono.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.