The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Going to go get my Ramadan calender from Tesco or Asda today. :p:
    Mash'allah,nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    Oh that's why

It's always nice when non-muslims around you keep a couple of fasts. Me and my muslim friends often invited each other to end our fasts together, and would also invite non-muslims friends. If you lived in my area (and were female lol) i would invite you round mines:p:
    Mash'allah, sister, do you know it's a great reward??

Prophet mohammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives iftaar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the reward of the fasting person in the slightest.”
    The companions of the prophet peace and blessing upon him used to practice that,and all of out salaf.

Invite people to breakfast stem many other acts of worship such as creating love and friendship towards those who are given the food, which is a means of entering Paradise, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will not enter Paradise until you truly believe, and you will not truly believe until you love one another.” Narrated by Muslim.

Quoted from here.
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12598

Masha'allah, I'm so jealous of you .:rolleyes: Insha'allah,In this Ramadan,I'd mimic you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son of Adam)
    Good point bro. ^_^
    Actually, An idea popped into my mind to remind each other about Ramadan's main goals, and what the main reason behind fasting?what the virtue of Ramadan?etc....
    I love it when people quote me to agree with me, usually most people quote me to swear at me or call me stupid (i put a lot of comments in the loads of misinformed islam threads)

ReputationRep:
    I love taraweeh, who agrees, because it feels like allah is directly talking to you and you are listening especially if the reciter is beautiful, it can get tiring but worth it, then i always end up stopping of at one of the several fast food kebab shops or indian rakeaways, which in the UK are just by chance always located next to every mosque,

ReputationRep:
    Blessings of Ramadan

Address of the messenger of Allah (swt) on the eve of Ramadan ul Mubbarak

'O mankind! A glorious month has arrived which is Ramadan. In it is one night which is better than a thousand months. Allah Ta'ala has prescribed fasting in this month as a duty and has counselled devotional vigil in its nights. He who does a good deed in this month will be rewarded like the reward of the performance of a duty during any other month; and who carries out a duty in this month will be given the reward of seventy duties carried out in any other month. This is the month of patience and the reward of patience is paradise. And this is the month of mutual sympthising. A believers providence is increased in this month. Anyone who helps a fasting man with his refreshments , will be awarded salvation. and saved from gehenna and he will be given as much reward as the fasting one will be given, and the reward of the fasting one will not be diminised on that account.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandark)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007....lifeandhealth

i know i was shocked, when i saw, but then i happened to be in luton at the time so not so much lol, but yh i'm it was purely for commercial gain rather than catering to muslims because the idea of having the temptation of chocolate during a fast doesnt apeak to me much

but hey lol, if it does to you their available on the manufacturers site
    http:/finlayfoods.com/pr742_ram_advent
    Oh yeah i forgot about the fasting for a sec :P

Oh and great song, thanks. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son of Adam)
    Mash'allah, sister, do you know it's a great reward??

Prophet mohammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives iftaar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the reward of the fasting person in the slightest.”
    The companions of the prophet peace and blessing upon him used to practice that,and all of out salaf.

Invite people to breakfast stem many other acts of worship such as creating love and friendship towards those who are given the food, which is a means of entering Paradise, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will not enter Paradise until you truly believe, and you will not truly believe until you love one another.” Narrated by Muslim.

Quoted from here.
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12598

Masha'allah, I'm so jealous of you .:rolleyes: Insha'allah,In this Ramadan,I'd mimic you.
    and Insha'Allah i'll do the same this year =)

ReputationRep:
    sallam

brothers, InshaAllah this Ramadhan I will be spending most of my time in the mosque, I will leave my house around noon, and set of with my iftar food, and go to mosque and come back after Taraweeh

I advice the same

ReputationRep:
    My friend does Ramadan, I hope she doesn't start fainting again.

ReputationRep:
    Well inshAllah Ramadhan Mubarak onto you all!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I dunno how I'm gunna survive this year. Starting Year 10 in September, Ramadhan, plus balancing my coursework is going to be hard. But I'm not going to give up. Good luck to all those keeping fasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryripple)
    My friend does Ramadan, I hope she doesn't start fainting again.
    :poke:

I hope she doesnt either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    sallam

brothers, InshaAllah this Ramadhan I will be spending most of my time in the mosque, I will leave my house around noon, and set of with my iftar food, and go to mosque and come back after Taraweeh

I advice the same
    Salam i saw the nasheed you have under your profile, its so beautiful. My arabic isnt that good, but I am proud to say I understood that nasheed ; ) andit was so moving

ReputationRep:
    jeeze dont know if i should do it this year...its gonna mess me up as well as my bodybuilding regime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NooksCranny)
    Hey all,

I dunno how I'm gunna survive this year. Starting Year 10 in September, Ramadhan, plus balancing my coursework is going to be hard. But I'm not going to give up. Good luck to all those keeping fasts.
    True that Ramadan is gonna be harder this year, but trust me, it's not going to be that bad with the c/w plus ramadan's gonna finish before october so you won't get that much anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan is most likely on Friday I think. Exciting.

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys know when exactly ramadan is? (no one seems to be sure lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebe001)
    How do you guys know when exactly ramadan is? (no one seems to be sure lol)

"When the moon is sighted, Ramadan begins. When the moon is sighted, Ramadan surely ends. Tell your mother, tell your father, tell your sister, tell your friends..."

In other words...yeah, i'm not too sure either :/

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia finds out first and then informs the rest of the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    Saudi Arabia finds out first and then informs the rest of the world
    Not exactly, but you are close. :p: :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.