:excited:
    I love that smiley SO much :excited:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by so.simple)
    I want some kebab now :puppyeyes:

But my mum hasn't made any :sad:
    Wish I could help you there I haven't had kebabs for a while now actually...but I'm having an amaaaaaaaazing iftar today,so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    does anyone here eat somosas or is it only me?

ReputationRep:
    A penalty that should not have been and an own goal - 'tis the only way United can win :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Wait.. which one is chapli kebab? Is that just the flat circle ones. With just keema and other mixture in it? Cos we just call them.. kebabs. :ninja:

Also, chicken kebabs can be :coma: depending on how they are made :excited:
    yeah they're just flat http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acata...-Kebab-Big.gif :lol:

And yeahh have you had chicken shaami kebabs? They're niceee

And lemon cake is sooo good! My cousin makes the nicest lemon cake :coma: Almond cake isn't bad either actually!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    Having them tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't rule it out. Oh, and don't say rice pudding, use the proper term- dudh ne chavval.

Have you tried the chocolate muffins from Greggs!? OMFG I cannot physically describe how :coma: it is! Especially with warm custard that slightly melts the chocolate chips on the suface and soaks into the spongey bit.

OMFG :coma::coma:

i always do that but not with custard generally: with ice cream :drool: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Wish I could help you there I haven't had kebabs for a while now actually...but I'm having an amaaaaaaaazing iftar today,so it's all good
    What is this amazing iftar?

We've got people coming round, so a lot of the normal fry up today :rolleyes:

but some biryani as well :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Chicken and lamb ones tonight :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Hope it's not me :ashamed:
    nah its not you

i think he's well aware, and i believe he doesn't actually care.. so :dontknow: oh well... men will be men i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    LOL kheer

And yeah I have tried them :coma: I love eating chocolate chip cakes when they are still warm and the chocolte chips are melted slightly :coma: So yum. Also, starbucks have a nice chocolate decadence cake :coma: But I've had it too many times now :indiff:

Have you ever tried lemon cake ?

kheer is 100% different to rice pudding imho

i had rice pudding last night and it's NOT kheer

generally have kheer when it's eid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I wasn't even hungry until you started talking about such yummy things :mad:

ReputationRep:
    yeah they're just flat http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acata...-Kebab-Big.gif :lol:

And yeahh have you had chicken shaami kebabs? They're niceee

And lemon cake is sooo good! My cousin makes the nicest lemon cake :coma: Almond cake isn't bad either actually!
    Aaahh I just asked my mum! She said chapli kebab is flat but made a bit different.

I've never had chicken shami kebabs. :no: Maybe I have, and I just can't remember Idk. Lemon cake is :coma: As long as it has the creamy icing or whatever on top :coma: Costa do the best lemon cake It had the zesty lemon stuff in the middle with some cream and on top has the creamy icing too :coma: So yum. I want some now

Almond cake is :coma: as well sometimes :ninja: I'm more of a chocolate/lemon/victoriaspongewithcustard person :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    kheer is 100% different to rice pudding imho

i had rice pudding last night and it's NOT kheer

generally have kheer when it's eid
    Hmmm, what is the difference between kheer and rice pudding? :confused:
    Rice pudding has apparently derived from kheer, so they aren't 100% different, even though they are not 100% the same.

ReputationRep:
    I have tasted the most disgusting chicken biryani ever down Victoria, SW London.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What is this amazing iftar?

We've got people coming round, so a lot of the normal fry up today :rolleyes:

Fry-up(samosas and spring rolls) with dahi baray,chholay and fruit chaat :coma: I NEVER get sick of eating that type of food...that's probably a bad thing I suppose :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have tasted the most disgusting chicken biryani ever down Victoria, SW London.
    Not many so-called "Indian" restaurants/takeaways can match the standard of home cooked food...That's why I avoid them as much as possible :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    nah its not you

i think he's well aware, and i believe he doesn't actually care.. so :dontknow: oh well... men will be men i suppose.
    But I'm just like that, I don't do it to annoy anybody, just a joke. Don't see anybody else complaining, don't understand why your so sensitive about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Aaahh I just asked my mum! She said chapli kebab is flat but made a bit different.

I've never had chicken shami kebabs. :no: Maybe I have, and I just can't remember Idk. Lemon cake is :coma: As long as it has the creamy icing or whatever on top :coma: Costa do the best lemon cake It had the zesty lemon stuff in the middle with some cream and on top has the creamy icing too :coma: So yum. I want some now

Almond cake is :coma: as well sometimes :ninja: I'm more of a chocolate/lemon/victoriaspongewithcustard person :p:
    pleaaaaaaaaase.. i was actually doing fine till i read this!

we should have some sort of rule not to discuss food related stuff or just generally FOOD during the fast!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.