Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Hmmm, what is the difference between kheer and rice pudding? :confused:

everything. kheer is like realllllly thinner than the thick rice in rice pudding

and theres generally more milk ..well milk thats not as thick

though that said i'm not too good with the terminology so pics might help:

it's basically this kind of kheer http://www.mircharam.com/images/y1pR...veL2TasUug.jpg

(without the adding extras)

vs

http://my.loudclick.net/Sites/5732/W...icepudding.jpg

normal rice pudding lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Flavity)
    nah its not you

i think he's well aware, and i believe he doesn't actually care.. so :dontknow: oh well... men will be men i suppose.
    Whoa,serious rhyming skillz there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    But I'm just like that, I don't do it to annoy anybody, just a joke. Don't see anybody else complaining, don't understand why your so sensitive about it.
    Thats coz you aren't actually picking on anyone else.

whatever.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think calling someone a lazy cow - someone u don't actually know - is a joke really.. :dontknow: I had my reasons, it wasn't just coz it was the fast, I had other reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Not many so-called "Indian" restaurants/takeaways can match the standard of home cooked food...That's why I avoid them as much as possible :yep:
    I do too, I only ever eat out when I'm on a long journey and/or im bare hungry.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Malsy)

it's basically this kind of kheer http://www.mircharam.com/images/y1pR...veL2TasUug.jpg
    I thought that was called Sheer Khurma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Hmmm, what is the difference between kheer and rice pudding? :confused:
    Rice pudding has apparently derived from kheer, so they aren't 100% different, even though they are not 100% the same.

yeah but just cause theyre derived from one another doesnt mean you can call rice pudding kheer..as theyre clearly visibly different as well as taste different (a lot different!) ..that's just my opinion anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    everything. kheer is like realllllly thinner than the thick rice in rice pudding

and theres generally more milk ..well milk thats not as thick

though that said i'm not too good with the terminology so pics might help:

(without the adding extras)

vs

normal rice pudding lol
    omg lol that isn't kheer i swear that is dudh saimiya - http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...=f&oq=&start=0

Whereas kheer is usually rice:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kheer

Man, this is confusing LOL no matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Aaahh I just asked my mum! She said chapli kebab is flat but made a bit different.

I've never had chicken shami kebabs. :no: Maybe I have, and I just can't remember Idk. Lemon cake is :coma: As long as it has the creamy icing or whatever on top :coma: Costa do the best lemon cake It had the zesty lemon stuff in the middle with some cream and on top has the creamy icing too :coma: So yum. I want some now

Almond cake is :coma: as well sometimes :ninja: I'm more of a chocolate/lemon/victoriaspongewithcustard person :p:
    Oh oh oh carrot cake with the icing is the BEST :coma: Seriously I haven't had that in ages, I almost forgot how much I loved it :shock:

Chocolate is the best, I don't care how rich it is :ninja: I may be opening a box of profiteroles tonight :mmm:

If I have cake with custard, it has to be the simplest cake ever...unless I'm in a really fatty mood :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Whoa,serious rhyming skillz there :p:
    Haha.. we aim to please :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't actually do the rhyming on purpose..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I thought that was called Sheer Khurma

as I said I'm not too good with terminology. it's just I found a pic yesterday and underneath it it called it kheer; the pics someone posted in here
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    I do too, I only ever eat out when I'm on a long journey and/or im bare hungry.
    Yeah...I've only ever eaten "Indian" food once...it was pretty good surprisingly,but that's 1 out of 10,000 really :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    I have tasted the most disgusting chicken biryani ever down Victoria, SW London.
    Lol I don't really like chicken biryani much anyway, and the ones in the restaurants are kinda just different :confused:

Lamb biryani is goood :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    omg lol that isn't kheer i swear that is dudh saimiya - http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...=f&oq=&start=0

Whereas kheer is usually rice:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kheer

Man, this is confusing LOL no matter

Haha I told you all these different names, they don't help at all. I stick to pics or english if i can

but your first pic is the one im talking about:yep: clearly different to traditional rice pud:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    Oh oh oh carrot cake with the icing is the BEST :coma:
    damn right! + rep
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't actually do the rhyming on purpose..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I could tell :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    Oh oh oh carrot cake with the icing is the BEST :coma: Seriously I haven't had that in ages, I almost forgot how much I loved it :shock:

Chocolate is the best, I don't care how rich it is :ninja: I may be opening a box of profiteroles tonight :mmm:

If I have cake with custard, it has to be the simplest cake ever...unless I'm in a really fatty mood :teeth:
    Carrot cake :coma: And profiteroles. Man, I'm getting a bit excited thinking about them :eek3: They're not making me feel like I'm starving as such but :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Thats coz you aren't actually picking on anyone else.

whatever.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think calling someone a lazy cow - someone u don't actually know - is a joke really.. :dontknow: I had my reasons, it wasn't just coz it was the fast, I had other reasons.
    Oh gosh c'mon get over it. Stop being a big baby. If you see my other posts on the forum I also swear and curse. Although I have quieten down a bit in Ramadhan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Haha I told you all these different names, they don't help at all. I stick to pics or english if i can

but your first pic is the one im talking about:yep: clearly different to traditional rice pud:p:
    Aaah nevermind! Too confusing :p:
    The first link, we don't call kheer. We call rice pudding kheer, the type I just showed you in the wiki link By 'we' I don't mean everyone btw The only difference really is that sometimes it tastes a bit different, and has extra raisins and stuff in it sometimes. But the whole concept with the rice and milk is the same.
    No matter :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Malsy)
    as I said I'm not too good with terminology. it's just I found a pic yesterday and underneath it it called it kheer; the pics someone posted in here
    This whole terminology stuff is getting a bit confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Fry-up(samosas and spring rolls) with dahi baray,chholay and fruit chaat :coma: I NEVER get sick of eating that type of food...that's probably a bad thing I suppose :p:
    LOL thats exactly what's gonna be on the table, oh and pakoras :teeth:

I swear dahi baray and cholay are the best things ever, helped make it this morning, I was like :puppyeyes: while mixing the yoghurt :tongue:

When you say fruit chaat do you mean with the added powders? Cos they are nasty lol, good old fruit salad however, is very nice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.