Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son of Adam)
    Not exactly, but you are close. :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan is tomorrow because Sha'ban is only 29 days this year and today is 29th of Sha'ban, therfore tomorrow is friday 1st Ramadhan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    Ramadhan is tomorrow because Sha'ban is only 29 days this year and today is 29th of Sha'ban, therfore tomorrow is friday 1st Ramadhan.
    Sha'ban maybe 29 or 30, it depends on what pinkpanther786 have mentioned above, our beloved brother.

ReputationRep:
    Sha'ban maybe 29 or 30, it depends on what pinkpanther786 have mentioned above, our beloved brother.
    sallam bro

did you get your results today?

ps. they really should have a smiley for sallam lol

ReputationRep:
    sallam bro

did you get your results today?

ps. they really should have a smiley for sallam lol
    Alhamdoillah, i passed in my exams.All praise due to Allah...What about you our beloved bro?

P.s Please, don't forget me in your du'a especially in Ramadan and for our TSR community .

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdoillah, i passed in my exams.
    All praise due to Allah.
    nice!

how are you gonna spend Ramadhan this year?

I'm gonna spend most of my time in the mosque, gonna leave my house with my iftar around 3-4pm and go to the mosque, not returning home till after taraweeh

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdoillah, i passed in my exams.All praise due to Allah...What about you our beloved bro?

P.s Please, don't forget me in your du'a especially in Ramadan and for our TSR community .
    im just about to enter second year uni inshaallah, i got my results for my first year exams about a month ago, i passed alhamdulillah (check out my profile)

I won't inshaallah, and the same please

ReputationRep:
    nice!

how are you gonna spend Ramadhan this year?

I'm gonna spend most of my time in the mosque, gonna leave my house with my iftar around 3-4pm and go to the mosque, not returning home till after taraweeh
    About me...Well,insha'allah i intent to enroll a course, read 3 parts daily of Holy Quran, read tafsir of Quran-hopefully i would be able to finish it-:rolleyes: and praying tarawah, plus giving iftar to Muslim on street pre-Magrab.. insha'allah.

ReputationRep:
    About me...Well,insha'allah i intent to enroll a course, read 3 parts daily of Holy Quran, read tafsir of Quran-hopefully i would be able to finish it-:rolleyes: and praying tarawah, plus giving iftar to Muslim in street,pre-Magrab.. insha'allah.
    MashaAllah, how do you give iftar to muslims on the streets?

how many surahs have you memorized?

i know jz ammah, juz tabarak...after juz tabarak i stopped memorizing by juz and started memorizing individual suahs. i know surat alkahf, yasin, qaf, al rahman, and some portions from other surahs

ReputationRep:
    Why can't all muslims in uk fast on the same day its so ridicoulous.

ReputationRep:
    It's really cool at how devout you guys are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    Hah, i share your frustration! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
    It's really cool at how devout you guys are.
    Aw, that's a lovely comment to share

MashAllah Prokaryotic_crap & Son of Adam (and everyone else!) on your ambitions for this Ramadan, it's good inspiration. Jazakallah Khair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    all Muslims in global the world should fast on the same day,celebrate on the same day.. it's one of the purposes behind Ramadan..
    To create united Ummah in one path (Quran and sunnah with following the best generation).

ReputationRep:
    what do you think one should do when theres disputes ie different mosque and places start Ramadan at different days and celebrate eid on different days? who should you follow?

ReputationRep:
    MashaAllah, how do you give iftar to muslims on the streets?
    Welll, in my country, I used to go out with my friends before Azan to give any Muslim drivers or whatever "dates and juice":rolleyes:
    Also, In turkey the country of my great grandma,Muslims break their fast together out side...it's awesome actually.

how many surahs have you memorized?
    From Surah Bakarah to Yusuf..Alhamdoliillah.

i know jz ammah, juz tabarak...after juz tabarak i stopped memorizing by juz and started memorizing individual suahs. i know surat alkahf, yasin, qaf, al rahman, and some portions from other surahs
    masha'allah. Insha'allah, we wanna review Quran together(even online), are you ready??:rolleyes:
    Also, I look forward to learn with you Italiano Insha'allah After Ramadan.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think that Ramadan must be very hard to maintain.

Respect to you guys who do it!

ReputationRep:
    How do you know that? Isn't it usually 29 or 30 days depending on the moon sighting?

Or do you have contacts in the Saudi authoroties? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    what do you think one should do when theres disputes ie different mosque and places start Ramadan at different days and celebrate eid on different days? who should you follow?
    I'd follow who rely on sighting of the moon, not on calculations, In other words " the majority of Islamic countries".
    Check this.
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/66219

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    I think that Ramadan must be very hard to maintain.

Respect to you guys who do it!
    Actually, that's the reason behind fasting I,e teaching us patience.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...6/Patience.jpg

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.