Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo156)
    How do you know that? Isn't it usually 29 or 30 days depending on the moon sighting?

Or do you have contacts in the Saudi authoroties? :ninja:
    hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha ha :laugh: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I think the moon sighting policy in many parts of the UK is just silly, some follow it according to if has been sighted in Saudi Arabia or another arab country, remember it should be sighted by the inhabitants of that country.

ReputationRep:
    Please note that on Thursday 20 August 2009, the moonset is before sunset in Makkah (and most of the Europe, Middle East and Asian countries), so it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Hilal to be visible until the evening of Friday 21 August 2009.

ReputationRep:
    Dear brothers and sisters ..
    Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Sudan, and others ; Saturday is the start of Ramadan.

Ramadan Kareem . ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son of Adam)
    Dear brothers and sisters ..
    Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Sudan, and others ; Saturday is the start of Ramadan.

Ramadan Kareem . ^_^
    yh i just heard

Ramadhan kareem peeps

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan Mubarak.

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan Kareem guys! May Allah make this a blessed month for us all. Aameen.

ReputationRep:
    Salaam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Method)
    Please note that on Thursday 20 August 2009, the moonset is before sunset in Makkah (and most of the Europe, Middle East and Asian countries), so it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Hilal to be visible until the evening of Friday 21 August 2009.
    Can you explain this to me brother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Can you explain this to me brother.
    Yeah sure.

The astronomical New Moon is on Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 10:01 Universal Time (1:01 pm Makkah time). Sunset at Makkah on August 20 is at 6:47 pm local time, while moonset at Makkah is at 6:46 pm local time (1 minute before sunset). Therefore the following day Friday, August 21, 2009 is not the 1st day of Ramadan.

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait!!!!
    I love the feeling that ramadhan is so close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Method)
    Yeah sure.

The astronomical New Moon is on Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 10:01 Universal Time (1:01 pm Makkah time). Sunset at Makkah on August 20 is at 6:47 pm local time, while moonset at Makkah is at 6:46 pm local time (1 minute before sunset). Therefore the following day Friday, August 21, 2009 is not the 1st day of Ramadan.
    Im still confused.

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan Mubarak for Saturday everyone! I am going to find it hard this year! Apart from praying the Quran and Namaaz and sleeping till like 4:00pm, does anyone have any good tips as to how to spend the day? I can't exactly exercise or do anything too phhysical since I can't have water! Aaaaaaah!

ReputationRep:
    Reading qur'aan, praying etc. you dont realise how fast time goes. Anyhoww who knows how much we will be rewarded for our patience...

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan mubarak :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Q. What is the most dangerous part of the body?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A. the tongue

Q. What is the best part of the body?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A. the tongue

short lecture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDvbd...eature=related (in arabic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shenzys)
    Ramadan Mubarak for Saturday everyone! I am going to find it hard this year! Apart from praying the Quran and Namaaz and sleeping till like 4:00pm, does anyone have any good tips as to how to spend the day? I can't exactly exercise or do anything too phhysical since I can't have water! Aaaaaaah!
    be very charitable

edit: "sadaqa does not decreas wealth"

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan mubarak:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    Q. What is the most dangerous part of the body?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A. the tongue

Q. What is the best part of the body?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A. the tongue
    lol nice one.

ReputationRep:
    nice story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1kWBMzXHQ (in arabic)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.