Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    You took the glory of my moment.
    Sorry, but, I thought your moment of glory was the fact that United won :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    You mean.. you're not?! :zomg:
    Nah mayn. I'm just a man hater.

ReputationRep:
    Nationalism has no place in Islam

Out of curiosity, would you die for Pakistan?
    What a random question...no...because sometimes I don't agree with the government and it's not perfect. I just love the country because it's where I'm from and my parents were raised and I lived there for a while too.

However I would die for Islam not in a terrorist way tho lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Please don't beat me. :afraid: You're showing your true violent colours.

Btw, i'd rather you called me Faiza instead.
    Malsy wouldn't harm a fly. Shes not violent at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    What urged you to become so religious suddenly...you were going on and on about football before :p:
    Football is not against Islam, and there is no element of nationalism when I'm supporting club/country. I do not chant out 'Long live Liverpool F.C/England'. And FYI I do not consider myself to be a religious/pious person, I try to practice Islam to the best of my ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    well.. its not exactly religious either is it?
    Does everything have to be religious? :confused: For example, tea isn't religious, that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Please don't beat me. :afraid: You're showing your true violent colours.

Btw, i'd rather you called me Faiza instead.

Oh OK cool.

:p:

Not liking tea is :thumbsdown:

but it's better than starting the coffee vs tea debate; I am not in the mood for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    well.. its not exactly religious either is it? :rolleyes:
    But it's not really a sport most Muslims get nationalistic over. I mean most support a club, so there's no nationalism in that. You don't see us saying 'long live United' or whatever do you? :p: Whereas with cricket it's like 'yeh omgs, Pakistan is playing, im Pakistani and proud'. I don't mean to offend anyone. But it's a bit like that. And Indians/Pakistani's tend to fight about it. I'm not saying football isn't like that (when it's the World Cup and what not), but it's to a lesser degree, and even then we weren't really talking about countries, just clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Oh OK cool.

but it's better than starting the coffee vs tea debate; I am not in the mood for that.

Tea > Coffee
    Oh sorry..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zenii.786)
    What a random question...no...because sometimes I don't agree with the government and it's not perfect. I just love the country because it's where I'm from and my parents were raised and I lived there for a while too.

However I would die for Islam not in a terrorist way tho lol
    Oh good, otherwise you'd go to hell if you died in a terrorist way :tongue:

I just don't see the attraction in loving a piece of land that you don't even live in and hardly even go to compared to where you're living now. It's just a piece of land.

ReputationRep:
    ''tea isn't religious''

:lolwut:

Oh my what have we come to:sigh:

Anyway :excited: Yay someperson

ReputationRep:
    But it's not really a sport most Muslims get nationalistic over. I mean most support a club, so there's no nationalism in that. You don't see us saying 'long live United' or whatever do you? Whereas with cricket it's like 'yeh omgs, Pakistan is playing, im Pakistani and proud'. I don't mean to offend anyone. But it's a bit like that. And Indians/Pakistani's tend to fight about it. I'm not saying football isn't like that (when it's the World Cup and what not), but it's to a lesser degree, and even then we weren't really talking about countries, just clubs.
    100% truth and nothing but the truth. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but, I thought your moment of glory was the fact that United won :woo:
    And thy glory has returned! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Oh OK cool.

Haha, don't worry. I dislike both. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    Tea > Coffee
    Oh sorry..

Hehe, that's fine.

But to whoever says otherwise, all I have to say to them is:

:yucky: :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Does everything have to be religious? :confused: For example, tea isn't religious, that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy it :rolleyes:
    I could kill for a cup of tea right now... reallly need some, but so shattered, don't have it in me to go downstairs and make a cup.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Football is not against Islam, and there is no element of nationalism when I'm supporting club/country. I do not chant out 'Long live Liverpool F.C/England'. And FYI I do not consider myself to be a religious/pious person, I try to practice Islam to the best of my ability.
    You don't have to get worked up about it man...I apologize if I hurt your sentiments at all...

I just support Pakistan because it's my birth country,I lived there most of my life...it's not like I'm saying that being Pakistani comes before being a Muslim,not at all...I'm a Muslim first,then a Pakistani.

ReputationRep:
    Nah mayn. I'm just a man hater.
    Those are called feminists/lesbians. Well, all feminists are lesbians.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    i can afford a sub now
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    Malsy wouldn't harm a fly. Shes not violent at all.
    Are you sure? It seems like she has some hidden dark secret.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.