Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    Umm, i dunno, i grow about an inch every year (im 5'8" already) and im a size 14 (a bit big, but surely im not massive?) :confused:
    Ah I've always wanted to be tall, but I'm only five six.
    I don't really know anyone who's a size 14 so no idea soz

ReputationRep:
    I'm sad about this. I've been thinking too much about university matters and my current exercise regime that my mind hasn't been preparing for Ramadan. I don't think I will get the spiritual growth that I hope for each year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forsaken_earth)
    Ah I've always wanted to be tall, but I'm only five six.
    I don't really know anyone who's a size 14 so no idea soz
    I just want to stop ******* growing!!! :woo: Yeah, im just very...big, but don't have any fat lumps sticking out from anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    Sadly no fasting for me- ever again in my life
    oh how come?

ReputationRep:
    Mashhallah... Only a few post and Alreadyyy its off the topic

Anyway it will be an extremely hard year for muslim prospective medical students having to do their Personal statement/UKCAT/BMAT all during Ramadan. Thought last year was hard ? welcome to 2009

ReputationRep:
    I just want to stop ******* growing!!! :woo: Yeah, im just very...big, but don't have any fat lumps sticking out from anywhere.
    meh im a size twelve....

size 14 isnt big ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    salaam every1 i have a relationship issue not sure if its the right place to put it
    but i want to have an answer from islamic point of view .

I was on the fone to my gf a little while ago and she said that she cant be bothered to fast and shes gonna go to sleep now so she can go out later and out of anger i cut off.
    does anyone know what i should say to her as its completely forbidden to drink right ?
    what should i say 2 her ?
    Wait, you do know it is also completely forbidden to have a relationship with her, right? Don't be angry at her when you yourself are sinning in your religion. That would be hypocritical. We all make mistakes. You can't stop her from doing what she wants to do. If she wants to get drunk, she will get drunk, that is her life. You have a duty to discourage it and advise her, but you also have a duty to stay away from her, not only this month but always...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohamed aden)
    Mashhallah... Only a few post and Alreadyyy its off the topic

Anyway it will be an extremely hard year for muslim prospective medical students having to do their Personal statement/UKCAT/BMAT all during Ramadan. Thought last year was hard ? welcome to 2009
    Lol!
    aw, I hope Allah swt makes it easy for you, last year was easy for me though... i was in year 13 so it wasnt hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Someone please close this thread, there is already another thread for this, OP you can post your reminders on that thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=991092
    Who peed in your cheerios?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    You can't **** during Ramadan can you?

I would fail at Ramadan...
    LOL at post being warned.

Good Luck

Hopefully I'll be able to join you lot on this personal voyage of yours for a couple of days, at least

ReputationRep:
    ramadan Kareem! Allah wil give us strength throughout!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    salaam every1 i have a relationship issue not sure if its the right place to put it
    but i want to have an answer from islamic point of view .

I was on the fone to my gf a little while ago and she said that she cant be bothered to fast and shes gonna go to sleep now so she can go out later and out of anger i cut off.
    does anyone know what i should say to her as its completely forbidden to drink right ?
    what should i say 2 her ?
    You can't say anything to her seeing as you're not supposed to even have a gf if you're a muslim :laugh:

And just to clarify, you are prohibited to do anything with your partner [I mean sexually] except anal sex. So i've heard :rolleyes:

Ramadan Mubarak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    hmm I dunno if I can handle Ramadan this year -_- gonna be hard, no drinking, less parties, no sex, long days without food...

As for the masturbating thing, I totally failed, but I'd only do it after breaking time.
    LOL nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberrycayk)
    You can't say anything to her seeing as you're not supposed to even have a gf if you're a muslim :laugh:

And just to clarify, you are prohibited to do anything with your partner [I mean sexually] except anal sex. So i've heard :rolleyes:

Ramadan Mubarak
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! i laughed so hard!

ReputationRep:
    Can the mods please close this topic, this thread is already getting out of control, this is not the place to discuss about relationships.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=991092

Please only post on this thread if you have something useful to say on the topic of this blessed month of Ramadhan.

ReputationRep:
    Why? :confused:
    I have terrible IBS. Can't go without food for long periods of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InkFromMyPen)
    It's decided on by the sightings of the moon.
    Islam = Lunar calendar. It's not in line with (whatever the calendar we follow is called...)..yeah. :p:

Ramadan Mubarak All!

ReputationRep:
    Who peed in your cheerios?
    You what ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Rock N Roll)
    Why does the dates of Ramadan change every year? How are the dates decided?
    It seems to be really early this year.
    They change beacuse unlike the Gregorian calender, the Islamic calender is based on lunar months. So it's based on moon sightings so the calender goes back 10 - 15 days every year. So back in 2000, Ramadan was around winter time ish, and over the year's the calender's gone back 10 or so days, and now it's in August. Hope that made some sense :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.