Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    I have terrible IBS. Can't go without food for long periods of time.
    Oh, im sorry

ReputationRep:
    Could eid be on the 19th? Or is it more likely to be on the 20th 21st? Im only stressing cuz i move into uni on the 19th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    You what ?
    What do you mean i what? I asked you who peed in your cheerios as to why you are so angry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    LOL at post being warned.
    I know, bad times :eek3:

(Original post by Dodo XD)
    What do you mean i what? I asked you who peed in your cheerios as to why you are so angry?
    He does have a point. It's hardly constructive having two threads, which ultimately serve the same purpose.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, im sorry
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cotton headed ninnymoggin)
    Could eid be on the 19th? Or is it more likely to be on the 20th 21st? Im only stressing cuz i move into uni on the 19th
    :facepalm2: Please, Ramadhan has just begun, were suppose to make the most of it not worry about if you'll get to celebrate Eid or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    I know, bad times :eek3:
    Get one more warning point and you're at the same level as me :five:

To those fasting; have fun and don't cheat. :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    He does have a point. It's hardly constructive having two threads, which ultimately serve the same purpose.
    If hes so bothered by it then he should just post on the other thread and stop bothering the rest of us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jainblu)
    Lol!
    aw, I hope Allah swt makes it easy for you, last year was easy for me though... i was in year 13 so it wasnt hard
    Inshallah hopefully with the blessings of this month maybe in some ways were more fortunate than you are, which sometimes can be hard to see how.

So im guessing your one of those who have been blessed with a place at MEd School

ReputationRep:
    Please stop digging my head in, and go pray or something. I'm not angry, and just in case your still thinking about my reply to bubbles, she asked for it so she got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    They change beacuse unlike the Gregorian calender, the Islamic calender is based on lunar months. So it's based on moon sightings so the calender goes back 10 - 15 days every year. So back in 2000, Ramadan was around winter time ish, and over the year's the calender's gone back 10 or so days, and now it's in August. Hope that made some sense :p:
    Yeah it did thank you
    So eventually it will end up in spring time then?

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan Mubarak to everyone! =)

ReputationRep:
    I woke up this morning and thought--this time tomorrow I'll be feeling :groggy: and hungry--but there are MANy blessings of Ramadhan and considering GCSE results are soon I'm now more excited than ever...Good luck
    ~Ramadhan Mubarak~

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck

Hopefully I'll be able to join you lot on this personal voyage of yours for a couple of days, at least
    oh cool. how come. and thank you.
    you're gonna fast too?
    that sounds interesting!

If hes so bothered by it then he should just post on the other thread and stop bothering the rest of us!
    I guess he could. But the threads will ultimately be merged sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Please stop digging my head in, and go pray or something. I'm not angry, and just in case your still thinking about my reply to bubbles, she asked for it so she got it.
    If you had anything remotely close to a head, you wouldn't have told me to go pray or "something" because it's past midnight here in dubai...and you asked for your neg rep hun!

ReputationRep:
    Your name matches your personality.

(Original post by Jainblu)
    oh cool. how come. and thank you.
    you're gonna fast too?
    that sounds interesting!
    I've mentioned it in the other thread, but I :love: Chicken Pakoras! And a Muslim friend of mines mother makes them at home and every year, if I have fasted, she makes me a hamper.. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I guess he could. But the threads will ultimately be merged sooner or later
    I choose the latter!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.