Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohamed aden)
    I wonder if Ramadan Means, it will bring peace 2 Palestine/Kashmir/Somalia and other Conflict-Muslim related issues, or does every one reckon that to far off a dream ??
    I dont know Allahu Alim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    You don't even know my name, and if you're referring to my username, what are you saying? Im an extinct bird? well whoopdeedoo!
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Dude, pos rep (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Best time of the yearrrr!
    =]

agree

(Original post by mohamed aden)
    I wonder if Ramadan Means, it will bring peace 2 Palestine/Kashmir/Somalia and other Conflict-Muslim related issues, or does every one reckon that to far off a dream ??
    I guess you can pray
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Is this the same thing as Eid?

ReputationRep:
    ah, okay just seen the other thread..
    makes sense that we all mosey on over there...

yup
    ill just close this... uh if i can figure out howw

ReputationRep:
    lol
    really find it anoying when people ask you to close down a thread, Ohh please do us a favour and keep your thread and yourself to yourself. Make Ramadan a Little bit easier for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWSLC)
    Lol no.

It's the 30 days of fasting we do before we get to partay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Get one more warning point and you're at the same level as me :five:

To those fasting; have fun and don't cheat. :hubba:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Actually you know what leave this thread here how it is.
    oh um okay...
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Right, your rep was hardly worth anything, i'll return the favour as soon as possible.
    To be fair you were acting like a complete and utter cheesecake.

ReputationRep:
    i love ramen noodles

ReputationRep:
    Why is this in H+R though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha X)
    ramadan mubarak everyone!

can someone tell me how many rakaats we have to do during tarawi and how you do it, and is there any special duah you have to read when doing it?

alsoooo what is that prayer we have to do late at night before sehri and how many rakaats has it got?
    Taraweeh is 8 rukaas minimum, and 20 maximum. You do them after the Isha prayer in pairs. So you pray two then end the prayer, then two again etc. till you've done as many as you want. There isn't a special duah, it's just normal prayers. The prayer before sehri (we call it sohor ^^) isn't anything specific, it's just doing extra so you can get reward for it. You can do that all year but obviously in Ramadan it's extra rewarding. I usually do what I can after I've eaten up until fajr starts.

Hope that helped =) good luck everyone, Ramadan Kareem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Why is this in H+R though?
    Stupid kids, ya know :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    You can't **** during Ramadan can you?

I would fail at Ramadan...
    is it the whole of Ramadan, or just during the fasting period?
    I Ought to get my **** straight someday

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'm not really looking forward to ramadan this year as I am also working out and need to maintain my shape....its also the length of the days...I have never fasted for so long...when will the days start short again as I know it is a cycle and these ones are the longer days...then a few ramadans later, even the first day is quite short

ReputationRep:
    what does everyone eat in the mornings?
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWSLC)

nope eid is a celebration that happens twice in the muslim year, both times at the end of fasting.

Ramadan is the ninth month of the muslim calendar, and its a month of fasting =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stunt101)
    Well I'm an athlete and I work out ALOT, also I wouldn't mind if it wasn't during the holiday but i'm going to a new college and I just feel moody/tired and don't really feel like speaking to people when I haven't had anything in me....

ooooh!...
    I see what you mean, i guess, but for me the rewards of ramadan would outweigh that...

hmm that is interesting though, never actually thought of what 'athletes' do... take a break from training>? honestly i dont run in the summer... (lazy like that ^_^)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.