The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
mel0n
Why is this in H+R though?

because i couldnt find wherelse to put it.. even though i was sure tehre was a religion section i couldnt find it =/
Lithium
is it the whole of Ramadan, or just during the fasting period?
I Ought to get my **** straight someday :s-smilie:

I don't know! thats why I asked :confused: I got told off for it :'( Boo hoo.
Reply 402
WhereIsMyMind
I think you can get microwaveable Chicken Pakoras, but their nowhere near as good as home-made ones! :yep:

I know what you mean, I tend to base my decision of what I'm going to eat around how the name of the food sounds.. :p:

exactly!!!

no one wants to eat 'fungi wrap' even if its doesnt have fungus in it.. lol
Emily069
I don't know! thats why I asked :confused: I got told off for it :'( Boo hoo.

I think it's all the time.. (regardless of whether it's Ramadan or not..) :cool:
hardcoretophat
Taraweeh is 8 rukaas minimum, and 20 maximum. You do them after the Isha prayer in pairs. So you pray two then end the prayer, then two again etc. till you've done as many as you want. There isn't a special duah, it's just normal prayers. The prayer before sehri (we call it sohor ^^) isn't anything specific, it's just doing extra so you can get reward for it. You can do that all year but obviously in Ramadan it's extra rewarding. I usually do what I can after I've eaten up until fajr starts.

Hope that helped =) good luck everyone, Ramadan Kareem.

thank you very much for explaining. well im off to pray then! ramadaan kareem to you too :smile: x
btw shouldnt everyone else be praying right now?? and shouldnt the guys be at mosque? tut tut
Reply 406
_xAnonymous
argh dont feel like getting up ast 3 in the morning i fall asleep at that time .

eya...

um time to form a new habbit! =]

you can always stay up i guess.... ive done that a few times...
Emily069
You can't **** during Ramadan can you?

I would fail at Ramadan...

You can after sunset and before sunrise :wink:
Reply 408
Natasha X

can someone tell me how many rakaats we have to do during tarawi and how you do it, and is there any special duah you have to read when doing it?

alsoooo what is that prayer we have to do late at night before sehri and how many rakaats has it got?

you could do the tarawih prayers with 11 raka'ah ... like fajr prayer two rakaahs and when you reach 4 then rest for a little bit then continue until the 8th rakaah and rest again and then do another 2 rakaahs like fajr to reach 10 and then end it with one rakaah to have total 11

in the 11th rakaah you could read this
اللهم اهدني فيمن هديت، وعافني فيمن عافيت، وتولني فيمن توليت، وبارك لي فيما أعطيت، وقني شرَّ ما قضيت، فإنك تقضي ولا يقضى عليك، إنه لا يذل من واليت، تبارك ربنا وتعاليت
sorry i don't know it in english! but that's a video for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Edphd1hBg
you could read in it the 11th before rokou' and ofcourse you could add to it .. imams usually add to it but the script above is what is known that the prophet used to say

about your second question i didn't get what 'sehri' means ... but anyway except for you 5 prayers you don't 'have' to pray any additional prayers :smile:
Reply 409
Natasha X
btw shouldnt everyone else be praying right now?? and shouldnt the guys be at mosque? tut tut

huh?
i prayed isha like half an hour ago....
tawarehh's not till tomorrow right? in England?
My ramadan is starting about a week later :/ ...
Reply 411
I went to the prayers last year. I'll try this year but I clearly haven't gone tonight.
Reply 412
hardcoretophat
Taraweeh is 8 rukaas minimum, and 20 maximum. You do them after the Isha prayer in pairs. So you pray two then end the prayer, then two again etc. till you've done as many as you want. There isn't a special duah, it's just normal prayers. The prayer before sehri (we call it sohor ^^) isn't anything specific, it's just doing extra so you can get reward for it. You can do that all year but obviously in Ramadan it's extra rewarding. I usually do what I can after I've eaten up until fajr starts.

Hope that helped =) good luck everyone, Ramadan Kareem.

thank you!!
starsdream2
To be fair you were acting like a complete and utter cheesecake.

I'm always like that, she's lucky though I would have gone all the way with this but I can't be asked now, need to go pray as well.
Reply 414
Jainblu
huh?
i prayed isha like half an hour ago....
tawarehh's not till tomorrow right? in England?

Uhmm first fast is tomorrow so Taraaveeh is tonight. Mum and Dad have gone to the Mosque :h: Sometimes people go to the Mosque for taraaveeh but find out it's not starting till the day after.
Jainblu
oh um okay...
why?

Don't want the nutters from this thread to do my head in over there.
Reply 416
I don't really like classing myself as a sect, but a few people mentioned to me there is only a particular sect(s) (don't know if it's more than one sect) who agree with reading the 8 instead of 20.
Food.
Reply 418
Uh, guys I think we should steer well clear of fried thinges right after breaking our fast as it is dangerous (No, seriously!). And remember don't full your stomach upto 100% right after breaking your fast as it is the worst feeling for me, ever! And its in the sunnah as well.
Does anyone know who: http://watchislam.com/tv3/ is?

He has an amazingly soothing voice (even if I don't understand a word he is saying?)

Latest