Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xwardax)
    sooo everyone what did you have for sehri?
    I had 2 toasts with keema mhmmmm...while my mummy happily ate 2 parathas lol

paratha and egg:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    lol i see most of you are indian or pakistani then... i dont eat parathas anymore :-/ i had a large protein shake, multi vitamin and iron and 3 clenbuterol tabs and 6 mugs of water... got to love dieting, not :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    paratha and egg:ninja:
    LOL
    is it just me or is it some sort of ritual to have a paratha for sehri
    nearly all my relatives go on about eating parathas in the morning

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    is it just me or is it some sort of ritual to have a paratha for sehri
    nearly all my relatives go on about eating parathas in the morning

i'm not sure..probably:borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vj69)
    lol i see most of you are indian or pakistani then... i dont eat parathas anymore :-/ i had a large protein shake, multi vitamin and iron and 3 clenbuterol tabs and 6 mugs of water... got to love dieting, not :-(
    Now thats called commitment...which i fail to carry out if i diet lol
    you should really have proper food in the morning, and then do the confusing tablets and stuff in the night with some fruit chaat and half a roti or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :borat:
    I think you meant:

:bban:

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    I think you meant:

:bban:

lol
    :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Now thats called commitment...which i fail to carry out if i diet lol
    you should really have proper food in the morning, and then do the confusing tablets and stuff in the night with some fruit chaat and half a roti or something
    lol i do some days to mix it up and somedays i do it like this.... So far i've lost 2 inches off my waist and im 9kg lighter!! Im at like 13% body fat, i need to drop down to 9%... :-( ageeees yet! mmm fruit chaat lol, put lots of dates in it and eat it with cream its perfectt!

ReputationRep:
    Ok we should probably 'Islamify' this thread up a bit lol...so for those of you that don't know, if you wanna get into good habits this Ramadan...

It was actually the practice of Prophet Muhammad (saw) and his companions not to sleep after Fajr up until sunrise, as this is deemed as a time of blessing and therefore sleeping through this time is dislike . This is one of the best times to be reading the Qur'an, do dhikr, reciting durood shareef etc and it's also the best time for concentration if you need to do work/study (so there's more we could be doing than sitting on tsr!). Prophet Muhammad (saw) said: “O Allah, bless my Ummah in their early mornings (acts).” (Ahmad and Tirmidhi)

It's obviously also part of the sunnah to go sleep straight after Isha (although this is what i have the most trouble with! :rolleyes:), having done wudhu once again just before you hit the pillow and then reciting Ayat Al Kursi, Surah Al Falaq & An Nas & tasbi whilst lying on your right side.

That is supposed to be the natural 'routine' of man, to sleep after dusk i.e. isha and to rise for dawn i.e. fajr. And then if you need a nap, if possible, you should have it between Zuhr & Asr.

Credit goes to slawaccess actually, for posting a really good lecture about Prophet Muhammad's (saw) sleeping habits: http://www.halaltube.com/in-the-middle-of-the-night

Anyways, you'll notice how beneficial it is to actually put that into practice, you realise how much of the day you otherwise waste...may as well give it a try in the best month that is Ramadan Allah (swt) knows best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vj69)
    lol i do some days to mix it up and somedays i do it like this.... So far i've lost 2 inches off my waist and im 9kg lighter!! Im at like 13% body fat, i need to drop down to 9%... :-( ageeees yet! mmm fruit chaat lol, put lots of dates in it and eat it with cream its perfectt!
    Dates eurgh! i just had a text convo with someone during the night about how i cant eat dates at all lol
    I make my own fruit chaat mhmmm...with apples, kiwi, grapes, banana, plum and orange juice and a hint of chaat masala...voila! perfection
    over how long did you lose 9kg? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpanther786)
    Ok we should probably 'Islamify' this thread up a bit lol...so for those of you that don't know, if you wanna get into good habits this Ramadan...

It was actually the practice of Prophet Muhammad (saw) and his companions not to sleep after Fajr up until sunrise, as this is deemed as a time of blessing (thus there's more we could be doing than sitting on tsr!) This is one of the best times to be reading the Qur'an, do dhikr, durood shareef and it's also the best time for concentration if you need to do work/study. Prophet Muhammad (saw) said: “O Allah, bless my Ummah in their early mornings (acts).” (Ahmad and Tirmidhi)

It's obviously also part of the sunnah to go sleep straight after Isha (although this is what i have the most trouble with! :rolleyes:), having done wudhu once again just before you hit the pillow and then reciting Ayat Al Kursi, Surah Al Falaq & An Nas & tasbi whilst lying on your right side.

That is supposed to be the natural 'routine' of man, to sleep after dusk i.e. isha and to rise for dawn i.e. fajr. And then if you need a nap, if possible, you should have it between Zuhr & Asr.

Credit goes to slawaccess actually, for posting a really good lecture about Prophet Muhammad's (saw) sleeping habits: http://www.halaltube.com/in-the-middle-of-the-night

Anyways, you'll notice how beneficial it is to actually put that into practice, you realise how much of the day you otherwise waste...may as well give it a try in the best month that is Ramadan
    I think i'll get my pink tasbi out and do that.
    Goodnight everyone x

ReputationRep:
    I think i'll get my pink tasbi out and do that.
    Goodnight everyone x

hah! Remember us in your duas Night x

ReputationRep:

(Original post by ZahraF)
    :hmmm:

I just don't see how people can eat rice/pasta at 4 o'clock in the morning :no:
    I don't see how you can stay awake all night if you're 71 years old :awesome:

(Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    Yeah WTF. That's minor. I only trade class A. Heroin needles are the current in things.
    My main man

Do you scoot away in a Mr. Bean 3 wheeler car with you're boxes of heroin when the Old Bill is on you're back o.O?

I just imagine that it would topple over if it reached about 20mph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnii)
    Ooof courseeee!

I can't wait! :woo:

We're gonna have show and tell on Tuesday and I'm gonna bring in my Sailor Moon dollyy and my friend promised me she'll bring the mysterious masked guy and we'll just re-enact an awesome episode :awesome:

Ohhh, it's speeding by like everything else. It's going great; it doesn't even feel like I'm fasting cause I'm keeping real busy with work and volunteering and reading and kindergarden preparations :awesome: How's Ramadan treating you?
    :awesome:

Let me know how you do! :p:

Ramadan is good, not as busy as you but its all good.

:poke: you looking forward to eid? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I've missed so much :puppyeyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by so.simple)
    I feel like I've missed so much :puppyeyes:
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    :poke:
    Obviously I was wrong :sigh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by so.simple)
    Obviously I was wrong :sigh:
    As always :p: How're you doin?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.