The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
mel0n
I went to the prayers last year. I'll try this year but I clearly haven't gone tonight.

I've never been to taraweeh prayers.. and im upset a bit, cos we moved and there no mosques near by.... still im determined to go...
Reply 421
Salamu walaykum

Inshallah everybody will have a blessed ramadan.. i satrted another thread, w/o seeing this one.. is tehre anyway to merge them?
Reply 422
Jainblu
nope eid is a celebration that happens twice in the muslim year, both times at the end of fasting.

Ramadan is the ninth month of the muslim calendar, and its a month of fasting =]

starsdream2

Lol no.

It's the 30 days of fasting we do before we get to partay.

Oh... :o: I'm sorry.

So Eid is a party, basically?
Jainblu
I've never been to taraweeh prayers.. and im upset a bit, cos we moved and there no mosques near by.... still im determined to go...

You'll get your chance soon inshallah.
Reply 424
mel0n
Uhmm first fast is tomorrow so Taraaveeh is tonight. Mum and Dad have gone to the Mosque :h: Sometimes people go to the Mosque for taraaveeh but find out it's not starting till the day after.

aw thats so cool, that your 'rents went i mean:o:

i didnt know that, about taraweeh bein the night b4 the first fight.. so thats why people said ramadan was after maghrib today :eek:
I was planning to go buy things tomorrow but can't now until tomorrow night because the shops are closed during the day in Ramadan... :nooo:

I'm told it will be hell over the next month for me.

Also, is it true some muslims pay their maids extra to do the fast for them, so then they don't actually do it? :top:

:lolwut:

:ymca:
Reply 426
Son of Adam
I think sis, we should first Create a Faith schedule for ourselves and make a big header (__title__) which We can hardly miss "A Step Everyday Closer to Allah Almighty" :smile:
http://www.manhag.net/mam/paradise-breeze/in-the-light-of-ramadan-project.html

ooh bro this sounds really interesting. thank you for posting it.. am going to check it out
Reply 427
RAMDAN MUBARAK!!

:woo:
Reply 428
Natasha X
ramadan mubarak everyone!

can someone tell me how many rakaats we have to do during tarawi and how you do it, and is there any special duah you have to read when doing it?

alsoooo what is that prayer we have to do late at night before sehri and how many rakaats has it got?

There is a special du'a. After every 4 rakaat you pray the following:

Subhana dhil Mulki wal Malakuti, Subhana dhil izzati wal adhmati wal haybati wal Qudrati,wal kibriyaa'i wal jabaroot Subhanal Malikil hayyil ladhi, la yunaamu wa la yamutu, Subbuhun, Quddusun, Rabbul malaa'ikati war-rooh Allahumma ajirnee min'an naar. Ya majeeroo, ya majeeroo, ya majeeroo.
Jainblu

إن شاء الله you will get a chance to go. :smile:
Reply 430
BrainPleasure
I was planning to go buy things tomorrow but can't now until tomorrow night because the shops are closed during the day in Ramadan... :nooo:

I'm told it will be hell over the next month for me.

Also, is it true some muslims pay their maids extra to do the fast for them, so then they don't actually do it? :top:

:lolwut:

:ymca:

Whaaaaat? What has the world come to!? That's terrible.
so.simple
RAMDAN MUBARAK!!

:woo:

Same to you :awesome:
I know this is kind of random, but have any of you done the pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia?

I've been watching some of the videos (of the chanting) and it's incredibly inspiring :smile:
Reply 433
Jainblu

It's mustahab. The prayer is mentioned in the weak hadith of Sahih Bukhari (look at the chain).
I'm worried my fast won't count because i have OCD :sad:
Reply 435
mel0n
I don't really like classing myself as a sect, but a few people mentioned to me there is only a particular sect(s) (don't know if it's more than one sect) who agree with reading the 8 instead of 20.

helo :]
Reply 436
so what is Ramadan??
Seriously i dont know
Why/who does it?
Ramadam Kareem everyone!!!
cor898
so what is Ramadan??
Seriously i dont know
Why/who does it?

I think Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic Lunar-based calendar. It's basically a month where Muslims will fast from dawn to sunset.

I think everyone who is able (and over a certain age) is encouraged to fast, because it's one of the pillars in Islam.
Bubbles*de*Milo
You don't say... :facepalm:

ahahahahaha

I'm really not looking forward to this.... I'm not religious in any shape or form, why fast? My parents are up my *** about it gah =/

Latest