Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    No LOL! I'm not. I'm rather interested though.. I had the same problem in the other thread (people thinking I was Muslim).

I like to take an interested in these things.. (I have a fair few Muslim friends, so I like to take part where I can..).
    Ooohh, if you don't mind me asking, do you follow a certain religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    What does not exist?
    Allahlalala et al.

(Original post by mel0n)
    Ooohh, if you don't mind me asking, do you follow a certain religion?
    Nope. I'm an Agnostic.

I'm from a Catholic family however. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZahraF)
    You alright sine?
    Nope..stressed out about results!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-o)
    Allahlalala et al.
    You won't exist if you don't leave.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that only if you're actually swearing at someone..? So you can use the words as much as you want, as long as it isn't aimed at someone..

Or am I mistaken :confused:
    Oh really? Is that true?

I wouldn't know - I fail at Islam. I follow the religion from the start of Ramadan to Eid and that's it.

And apparently you're still supposed to fast during pregnancy. Thought that would be my excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    What happen, what did you get ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Yes I hope so ! You?

There's an official thread, why is everyone posting here instead?
    lmao, if your here to help me, of course ;]
    x

(Original post by TheButtylicious)
    Oh really? Is that true?

I wouldn't know - I fail at Islam. I follow the religion from the start of Ramadan to Eid and that's it.

And apparently you're still supposed to fast during pregnancy. Thought that would be my excuse.
    I don't know LOL.

You're the Muslim.

:rofl:

(I think I'm going to find out..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    I know this is kind of random, but have any of you done the pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia?

I've been watching some of the videos (of the chanting) and it's incredibly inspiring
    When i was 10 i did umra with my fam first time.. It is amazing but back then i was pure and innocent I'd love to go again and get myself cleansed i guess? or try and get back into Islam properly
    But yeah I hope this ramzan is the ramazan where i carry on my prayers for the rest of my life... like i did once upon a time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Got a jihad out on my head. Time to leave..

ReputationRep:
    hah

ReputationRep:
    I don't know LOL.

You're the Muslim.

:rofl:

(I think I'm going to find out..)
    Let's seeee

(Original post by Cheeko)
    When i was 10 i did umra with my fam first time.. It is amazing but back then i was pure and innocent I'd love to go again and get myself cleansed i guess? or try and get back into Islam properly
    But yeah I hope this ramzan is the ramazan where i carry on my prayers for the rest of my life... like i did once upon a time...
    I think what I find so attractive about it, is how everything is forgotten. Like people will put their differences aside and let religion bring them together.. It seems so busy, yet calm and peaceful at the same time.

I like how much dedication some Muslims can have to be prepared to drop everything and put their religion first; in terms of prayers and fasting. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If you think about fasting, its main reason in fact to train us to be patience from sins, upon good deeds and with our life as well as other wisdom in fact such as "Killing greedy,to be sympathetic with poor people who don't eat or drink all the year in order to raise for them charity and etc.. "

If we read the words of god (interpretation of the meaning):

“ O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183]

Quoted "we will know the reason why fasting was prescribed, which is taqwa (piety) and submission to Allaah. Taqwa means giving up haraam things, and in general terms includes both doing what is commanded and abstaining from what is forbidden. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not give up false speech and acting upon it and offensive speech and behaviour, Allaah has no need of his giving up his food and drink.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari".

Check other wisdoms.
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/26862

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfahad)
    you could do the tarawih prayers with 11 raka'ah ... like fajr prayer two rakaahs and when you reach 4 then rest for a little bit then continue until the 8th rakaah and rest again and then do another 2 rakaahs like fajr to reach 10 and then end it with one rakaah to have total 11

in the 11th rakaah you could read this
    اللهم اهدني فيمن هديت، وعافني فيمن عافيت، وتولني فيمن توليت، وبارك لي فيما أعطيت، وقني شرَّ ما قضيت، فإنك تقضي ولا يقضى عليك، إنه لا يذل من واليت، تبارك ربنا وتعاليت
    sorry i don't know it in english! but that's a video for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Edphd1hBg
    you could read in it the 11th before rokou' and ofcourse you could add to it .. imams usually add to it but the script above is what is known that the prophet used to say

about your second question i didn't get what 'sehri' means ... but anyway except for you 5 prayers you don't 'have' to pray any additional prayers
    thank you for the duah im trying to learn it by heart so yaay me , i only managed to do 8 rakaah today but ill try and do 11 tomoro

by sehri i meant opening up your fast in the morning, just before fajr.

(Original post by shenzys)
    There is a special du'a. After every 4 rakaat you pray the following:

Subhana dhil Mulki wal Malakuti, Subhana dhil izzati wal adhmati wal haybati wal Qudrati,wal kibriyaa'i wal jabaroot Subhanal Malikil hayyil ladhi, la yunaamu wa la yamutu, Subbuhun, Quddusun, Rabbul malaa'ikati war-rooh Allahumma ajirnee min'an naar. Ya majeeroo, ya majeeroo, ya majeeroo.
    i didnt read this after the 4th rakaat, does that mean my taraweeh didnt count?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you get so defensive and vicious when someone even hints at a criticism or a joke in regards to Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    Don't worry about it, you can always retake. You're studying AS, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkzz)
    lmao, if your here to help me, of course ;]
    x
    Allow the winking, innit.
    Loool this is a Ramadan thread, at least be a bit civilised Hah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.