Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    all my phrases are being nicked!! :rolleyes:
    That's my phrase too. In fact, i think out of everyone i know, im the only one that says it. Apparantly, not anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London Liaisons)
    I don't have one in particular; I usually shop around. Try the side streets, the Egyptian shops are usually reasonable, Lebanese can be very pricey on the main road.
    K, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I thought you didn't like pasta? :mute:
    I don't. I only like it when it's made with cheese aka lasagne, pasta bake etc. I don't like cheese much though, so wouldn't say pasta bake & lasagne were my favourite foods.

ReputationRep:
    right im off guys, speak to you soon inshallah.
    asalamualaikum

rayhaan
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    I think there was a hadeeth that went along the lines of A house without dates is a poor house. If someone can quote the exact hadeeth that would be fantastic.
    "A house without dates has no food."

From http://www.deenislam.co.uk/food2.html
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    I don't. I only like it when it's made with cheese aka lasagne, pasta bake etc. I don't like cheese much though, so wouldn't say pasta bake & lasagne were my favourite foods.
    Okay,just wondered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man_utd_99)
    right im off guys, speak to you soon inshallah.
    asalamualaikum

rayhaan
    Walaykumasalam bro, have a nice iftar inshallah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

woah the honey bit is cool!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Okay,just wondered
    :p:

I think this must be the first time i cooked proper dinner-style food. Normally i help with making stuff like chicken. So im rather proud of myself.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one in particular; I usually shop around. Try the side streets, the Egyptian shops are usually reasonable, Lebanese can be very pricey on the main road.
    In the UK they are quite expensive in general, they would cost you a fortune if you were to buy them on a regular basis, I usually tell people I know who're going for Hajj/Umrah, to bring me them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    I've just finished making it, and i must say it looks rather yummy. :coma: My first time making pasta aswell (and my sisters), and mine looks better than hers. :king1: My mum said it looks nice too and my older sister tasted it and said it was yummy. :proud:
    What did you put in it? I've never made one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

Jazakallah khair + rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

they are not exactly accurate now are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Lol, i'm not new. Thx for making me feel like a noob. No i'm not a revert. Thx for making me feel as if i was kafir before.

rofl: That might have been harsh, sorry, but i'm not new nor a revert, what makes you think my name is not islamic? [/SPOILER]
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That seriously made me LOL xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    they are not exactly accurate now are they?
    There was a hadeeth along those lines though, and that could be the exact wording. I see what you mean though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)

How comes their is no reference to where the hadeeths have been taken from, usually I don't accept them without it. It's risky in general in regarding to getting stuff from the net. Also the Site title says 'The Western sufi resource guide'. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    In the UK they are quite expensive in general, they would cost you a fortune if you were to buy them on a regular basis, I usually tell people I know who're going for Hajj/Umrah, to bring me them.
    Real Ajwa come from Medina, the price rises around Ramzan because they were the Prophets favourite. Wealthy Persians and Arabs buy them, around now.

You can buy the same variety of date cheaper, it will just be grown in Egypt or elsewhere but pretty much the same thing, unless you want to pay extra for the prestige of eating the Medinan ones. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I got that bit. I just don't have a clue who (or what) the "Bow boys" are do you mean the tube station?

Where abouts do you live? i'm way on the other side of Roman road past the fly-over.
    Oh. Bow Boys is the secondary school just before the flyover.

Other side of Roman Road past the flyover? :hmmmm2: Depends where you start from to be "past" it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Oh. Bow Boys is the secondary school just before the flyover.

Other side of Roman Road past the flyover? :hmmmm2: Depends where you start from to be "past" it lol.
    Well I moved to London just over a year ago, I used to live west. I moved into my current accommodation about 7 months ago.

Well the fly-over is east of Roman road, someone didn't do very well at Geography, did they? Farhan. :shoot:

ReputationRep:
    Real Ajwa come from Medina, the price rises around Ramzan because they were the Prophets favourite. Wealthy Persians and Arabs buy them, around now.

You can buy the same variety of date cheaper, it will just be grown in Egypt or elsewhere but pretty much the same thing, unless you want to pay extra for the prestige of eating the Medinan ones. :dontknow:
    Yeah true, but they are pricey in general even not during ramadhan time (well at least it is for me). They have a unique sweet taste. Also the Jordanian dates are brilliant too.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.