Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Mals mals. :hugs: You okay m'darling?

Yeah, thanks. I've left taraweeh reallly late:erm:

Also, hi minimo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Lol, I meant salaam guys as in 'I'm gone', sorry bout that I should've been a bit more clear.

Just came back from the mosque, there was a lecture after taraweeh, masha'allah really good Iman strengthner.

Anyways what you upto flav ?
    Ah ok, never mind, I should've realised..

A good lectures always good to hear.

Not upto much, just a bit knackered really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Nice choice, i like to recite that one, but i think Surah Yusuf is would be one of my fav, the story is amazing.
    Hmm i love the story of Yusuf, but Yaseen sorta like brings about emotions that i don't really experience with any other one. They do call it the heart of the Qur'an for a reason i guess.

And mashAllah, you know surat-ul Yusuf. I haven't even finished juz 'Amma. Right now i'm trying to memorise al-Mutafifeen. I was planning on finishing juz 'Amma by the end of Ramadhan, but i got like 5 surahs left, so i doubt it. Man, i really wish i didn't neglect the Qur'an.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    That's a good thing. That means you done longer qiyam (standing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Surat Rahman :love:
    Yeh i love that surah too, probs my second best and third is most probably al-'Alaq.

ReputationRep:
    Surah Noor, Yusuf, Rahman, Baqarah. Anyways how much of the quran have you guys read so far ? I'm into the 3rd Ruku' in surah kahf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    :hello:

:ottid:
    how are you today?

fave Surah?...spoilt for choice:p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm i love the story of Yusuf, but Yaseen sorta like brings about emotions that i don't really experience with any other one. They do call it the heart of the Qur'an for a reason i guess.

And mashAllah, you know surat-ul Yusuf. I haven't even finished juz 'Amma. Right now i'm trying to memorise al-Mutafifeen. I was planning on finishing juz 'Amma by the end of Ramadhan, but i got like 5 surahs left, so i doubt it. Man, i really wish i didn't neglect the Qur'an.
    Yh, you're right about surah Yaseen deffo, it is the heart of the Qur'an.

I don't know off the top of my head no, i wish i could. I recite it from the mushaf. That's a fantastic goal you set yourself, i really do hope you attain it, don't give up, inshallah we will all be huffaz one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)

Also, hi minimo
    Does your back hurt?

Btw, do you find that when you're praying Taraweeh, that you tend to naturally lean on one leg more?

ReputationRep:
    No, don't spam. Let's talk about the Qur'an. What's everyone's favourite surah? Mine is Yaseen.
    Surah Kahf has to be one my favourites, amazing story. We read it today in taraweeh

ReputationRep:
    Yh, you're right about surah Yaseen deffo, it is the heart of the Qur'an.

I don't know off the top of my head no, i wish i could. I recite it from the mushaf. That's a fantastic goal you set yourself, i really do hope you attain it, don't give up, inshallah we will all be huffaz one day.
    Ha, i hope the day comes when i'm on like the 59th surah or something or even memorised the whole Qur'an inshAllah. Right now though, with each new surah im memorising, im more prone to making mistakes in the previous surahs, so im trying to review them but sometimes im made to forget and just continue memorising the surah that im on. Juz Tabarak looks kinda scary though lol.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Method)
    Surah Kahf has to be one my favourites, amazing story. We read it today in taraweeh
    That's one of my brother's favourite surahs. I quite like that too. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    www.kalamullah.com
    www.dhikrullah.com

Here are 2 sites where you can download/listen to Qur'an also Islamic lectures from world reknown scholars.

Now get listening.....

Oh yeah, if you know of any post a link.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody, when reciting the Qur'an, just stop and think to themselves, how could there be people rejecting this? How could they be so dumb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpanther786)
    Omg how cool is this...Iftar flashmob, lol, i may see what's going down haha...

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/ev...d=125799188718

Feel free to pass this on!
    wow this is pretty immense - we should have a tsr thread meet up there!

(Original post by someperson)
    how are you today?

fave Surah?...spoilt for choice:p:
    alhamdullilah, all is good in the hood

in reference to yesterday:ive only just realised that it was 5 years ago wen ppl were saying nang.......

need to wait for man_utd_99 to properly appear cos he wanted to see how good lookin i was because somehow im a girl :rolleyes:

Does anybody, when reciting the Qur'an, just stop and think to themselves, how could there be people rejecting this? How could they be so dumb?
    kinda.....imo, dumb isnt the right word.....but i cant find the right word....imo, its our responsibility to show ppl religion and so be it if they reject/accept it

edit: salaam, as in ill b back in half an hour, not that i just arrived

ReputationRep:
    There's a series by Yasir Qadhi called understanding the Sciences of the Qur'an, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUw7VG4uG28

ReputationRep:
    www.quranicaudio.com

That has to be best site I know for quranic recitation. Before that it used to take me ages finding decent quality mp3's but this alhumdulillah has fulfilled my needs. Highly recommended.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.