Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    alhamdullilah, all is good in the hood

in reference to yesterday:ive only just realised that it was 5 years ago wen ppl were saying nang.......

need to wait for man_utd_99 to properly appear cos he wanted to see how good lookin i was because somehow im a girl :rolleyes:
    you're a girl? seriously? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Juz Tabarak looks kinda scary though lol.
    I found the last part of the Quran the easiest, the mid-portion from juzz 12-20 is where I strugled the most, but Alhumdulillah I eventually overcame that.

ReputationRep:
    You guys can sign up to a daily quran email, gives you about 15 ayats a day in arabic with the translation straight to your inbox, i will try and get the link from the emails. Also theres a daily hadith if people would like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    you're a girl? seriously? :eek:
    see even i was shocked, and im here mate!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Does anybody, when reciting the Qur'an, just stop and think to themselves, how could there be people rejecting this? How could they be so dumb?
    Kinda, although for me it's more like; 'If only people would read this, then they'd know...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Does anybody, when reciting the Qur'an, just stop and think to themselves, how could there be people rejecting this? How could they be so dumb?
    Yeah definately. I remember reading somewhere that the disbelievers of the past used to purposely try not to hear the Qur'an being recited by Muhammad [SAW] cos they knew that if they did, they'd feel it in their hearts, or i heard something along those lines anyway. & then they claimed it was magic lol. But i honestly do wonder sometimes how people can reject it. You know i was joking about with a Christian friend of mine once, and then i asked her if she'd ever revert to Islam. I was being quite serious and told her that i'd give her proof, i'd tell her the differences between Islam and Christianity, & she replied with 'no don't, cos i know that if you do, i might definately end up believing you'. & i was like 'aint that a good thing? Just revert to Islam', and she told me 'no'. I don't think im gonna stop with her, cos she's always been close to me, & part of me knows that she knows the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    alhamdullilah, all is good in the hood

in reference to yesterday:ive only just realised that it was 5 years ago wen ppl were saying nang.......
    lol..that's why i thought you definitely were not from east london:p:

need to wait for man_utd_99 to properly appear cos he wanted to see how good lookin i was because somehow im a girl :rolleyes:
    oh yh :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    I found the last part of the Quran the easiest, the mid-portion from juzz 12-20 is where I strugled the most, but Alhumdulillah I eventually overcame that.
    Did you start from Baqarah down, or Juz Amma up, i know some shuyookh recommend people to start their hifz from the back and then move to the front afterwards once they are capable, there are different ways. Which one is easiest you think?

ReputationRep:
    :hi: guys! asalamualaikum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpanther786)
    I'd be too shy lol Although actually, perhaps it'd be quite nice to meet some of the girls here

I'm contemplating going, although i'll be coming back from Manchester that day so I might be knackered...
    Yeh I guess I'd be a bit shy..!

Spoiler:
    Show
    some of the guys can be intimidating at times on here... aha..

But it wud be gd fun.. bit of a trek tho.. and these trafalgar muslim events are really shoddily run most of the time... i went last yr to the eid one and there was like no organisation at all.. bit disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpanther786)
    Kinda, although for me it's more like; 'If only people would read this, then they'd know...'
    Yh, i do feel like that i suppose at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man_utd_99)
    :hi: guys! asalamualaikum
    :hello: w/salam

lol btw...since when is hamza a girl's name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    It's hard though. Like I read from the mushaf, but mostly i listen to recitors mainly Mishary Rashid, and repeat whatever he's saying and then rewind and then repeat until eventually i've memorised it. And then the next day i see if i've actually memorised by repeating and then when I've finished one surah i go on to the next. My 17 year old bro has finished juz 'Amma so far [shame on me lol ] and he's about halfway on juz Tabarak, memorising, and the surahs are so long. I can't imagine when i get to memorising surahs like Kahf, they're gonna be even harder ;o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    :hello: w/salam

lol btw...since when is hamza a girl's name?
    lol NO! ive a friend that calls herself humz, short for humzah and i thought thats what our dear friend hamza was called! humz2 i think his name is .....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely. I remember reading somewhere that the disbelievers of the past used to purposely try not to hear the Qur'an being recited by Muhammad [SAW] cos they knew that if they did, they'd feel it in their hearts, or i heard something along those lines anyway. & then they claimed it was magic lol. But i honestly do wonder sometimes how people can reject it. You know i was joking about with a Christian friend of mine once, and then i asked her if she'd ever revert to Islam. I was being quite serious and told her that i'd give her proof, i'd tell her the differences between Islam and Christianity, & she replied with 'no don't, cos i know that if you do, i might definitely end up believing you'. & i was like 'aint that a good thing? Just revert to Islam', and she told me 'no'. I don't think im gonna stop with her, cos she's always been close to me, & part of me knows that she knows the truth.
    Yeah, the kuffar back in the day. some of them used to accept Islam immediately upon hearing it being recited, they accused it of being superior form poetry and other things, it's definitely true. It's good you're not giving up on your friend, you don't want her coming to you on the day of Judgement asking why you didn't try to do so. Our job is to convey. God takes care of who accepts and who rejects.

ReputationRep:
    who's up? ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man_utd_99)
    lol NO! ive a friend that calls herself humz, short for humzah and i thought thats what our dear friend hamza was called! humz2 i think his name is .....
    :confused: doesn't hamza=humzah...just different spelling?

never heard of a girl called humzah though...

ReputationRep:
    Does your back hurt?

Btw, do you find that when you're praying Taraweeh, that you tend to naturally lean on one leg more?
    talking about taraweeh...

super fast taraweeh - sufi style: just comfirms my suspision of Turkey tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    talking about taraweeh...

super fast taraweeh - sufi style: just comfirms my suspision of Turkey tbh

didn't watch all..but wow they're in a rush:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oi, calling all Londoners!

Check this out...an Iftar flashmob:
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/ev...d=125799188718

Flashmob: A group of people summoned (as by email or text message) to a designated location at a specified time to perform an indicated action before dispersing.

Iftar: The evening meal used to break the fast during the month of Ramadan.

Put them together and what you have is a large get-together of hungry people tucking into the food they've brought, sharing with others, and meeting loads of new people!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Thursday the 10th of September at 7.15pm, Trafalgar Square: bring food for at least two; yourself and a stranger, and enjoy the shared relief when we all end 15 hours of keeping the food from our bellies. Oh, and observe the wacky (but hopefully not dodgy) participants of the Fourth Plinth project!

Everyone is welcome! Whether you are Muslim or non-Muslim, coming from school, work or uni, or just coming from a day of shopping in the city centre ... we want to share food with you!

Further info on iftars happening all over the country can be found at http://shareyouriftar.weebly.com/

So click "attending", tell all your friends, and don't forget to bring food! It could become one massive picnic by the fountains, overlooked by the National Gallery and the lions of Trafalgar Square. We need YOU to make this happen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Getting to Trafalgar Square:
    http://www.london.gov.uk/trafalgarsq...sit/travel.jsp
    Please feel free to pass this on!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.