Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Yeah, the kuffar back in the day. some of them used to accept Islam immediately upon hearing it being recited, they accused it of being superior form poetry and other things, it's definitely true. It's good you're not giving up on your friend, you don't want her coming to you on the day of Judgement asking why you didn't try to do so. Our job is to convey. God takes care of who accepts and who rejects.
    Hmm. I feel sad when the day of Judgement is mentioned. It's sucha scary thought to think that we may all day any second and Yawm al-Qiyamah is getting ever so closer. InshAllah may we all die as Muslims. Aameen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    talking about taraweeh...

super fast taraweeh - sufi style: just comfirms my suspision of Turkey tbh

woooh is that for real or is it on fast forward:eek:

ReputationRep:

LOL. My local masjid is like that, well a bit slower obviously, but kinda fast, which is why we never go there. It's literally known for it's fastness lol. We always go to this other one, which is only about 5 minutes further. I'd rather not finish my taraweeh in 10 minutes lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baboo.)
    Salam guys. Nice to see more Muslims on this site.
    W/salam

how has Ramadan been so far?

ReputationRep:
    Did you start from Baqarah down, or Juz Amma up, i know some shuyookh recommend people to start their hifz from the back and then move to the front afterwards once they are capable, there are different ways. Which one is easiest you think?
    Well I already knew juzz amma before I started my hifz, but yeah I started my hifz from baqarah up, for me personally this would have been better because I have a photographical memory which would be useful for reciting in taraweeh where you recite the the surahs in chronological order. But I understand why some shuyookh do that, because the easier/shorter surahs are towards the end, which would help really young kids. But all in all its a matter of personal preference, whichever you find easier.

ReputationRep:

That is so offensive. That's not even a salah wal iyyadu billah. Is this what happens in general in Turkey?

ReputationRep:

haha!

I think the Imam prays fast like that to get more people to come to taraweeh, especially the people who would normally never go. :p:

I'm Turkish btw... and I can say it's not widespread at all..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    haha!

I think the Imam prays fast like that to get more people to come to taraweeh, especially the people who would normally never go. :p:

Like when me and Cult go to like Istanbul, we'll come visit you, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    Like when me and Cult go to like Istanbul, we'll come visit you, yeah?
    you wish! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Hmm. I feel sad when the day of Judgement is mentioned. It's sucha scary thought to think that we may all day any second and Yawm al-Qiyamah is getting ever so closer. InshAllah may we all die as Muslims. Aameen.
    Aameen. It is scary, i have a book describing the events on that day, knowledge surrounding it frightens more than anything. There's an Angel holding the Trumpet looking at Allah as we speak, afraid to blink even once, in case Allah orders the Day of Judgement to begin and the Angel is unable to respond because at that very moment they are blinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    woooh is that for real or is it on fast forward:eek:
    sufi innit.

i went to one once, i didn't know it was sufi. i was having iftar at my granny's house and it was the closest mosque.

it was actually an old church lol

ReputationRep:
    That's a nice idea. Thanks for posting. I'll try and go if I remember inshAllah.
    Yayyy, be sure to pass it on to your friends

Let's hope the weather keeps up!

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdulillah it's not been as hard as usual for me so far especially as it's during the holidays. How about you?

Its been a lot better than i expected...except for today lol. Next week sixth form starts...so it will defo be harder then:p:

ReputationRep:
    Aameen. It is scary, i have a book describing the events on that day, knowledge surrounding it frightens more than anything. There's an Angel holding the Trumpet looking at Allah as we speak, afraid to blink even once, in case Allah orders the Day of Judgement to begin and the Angel is unable to respond because at that very moment they are blinking.
    OMG I heard that too. well scary innit. Angel Israfeel his name is i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Does your back hurt?

Btw, do you find that when you're praying Taraweeh, that you tend to naturally lean on one leg more?

Lol, no and no, :p:

My feet are really close:ninja: Anyhoo, my back never hurts despite doing so many rakats:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Omg yeh, i read that too. The Angel's eyes are described as glass or something showing how long they have had their eyes open for. Pretty scary. And hellfire is even scarier. Like the Angels that can't hear/see/smell or i think only hear and see, so they can't stop any of the punishments. There's one thing that i definately do not want to die as, and that's a hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I heard that too. well scary innit. Angel Israfeel his name is i think.
    That's well scary yh. Do you think we're going to see the major signs of the Day of Judgement in our lifetime? Many of the minor signs have already taken place, and some are taking place as we speak.

ReputationRep:
    OMD, I just loveeeeeeeeeeee looking out of my window with the wind and the moon:moon: (I'm high up so it's :suith: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    haha!

Lame excuse? :p: Nah but seriously, a short taraweeh is never good. I mean, it's the blessed month. We should want to spend more time praying to Allah, not less.

ReputationRep:
    That is so offensive. That's not even a salah wal iyyadu billah. Is this what happens in general in Turkey?
    dunno bro

i always had a dodgy feeling about turkey though

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.