Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    I don't work out,but I do try and get a few hard-fought games of squash in :yep:
    Cool and nice video on your profile, Ahmed Bukhatir has some powerful nasheeds mashaAllah
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Whatevs. :p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I WIN :trophy:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that was too easy :ninjagirl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Pff...only because I let you...because otherwise you'd be all :sad:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lulled into a false sense of security yet again...I'm too good :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    :ninja:

Shouldn't you be sleeping. I know I should be praying but I'm not big on the hot, claustrophobic elements taraweeh brings. As I said to you before, I'll go the last 10 days.
    Haha I do wonder if you will go :p: And naww I won't sleep yet :teeth: I'm a bit tired actually. I'm waiting for cake.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ZH89)
    Cool and nice video on your profile, Ahmed Bukhatir has some powerful nasheeds mashaAllah
    Thanks bro...yeah,his nasheeds are very inspirational and heart-touching :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I say Hi and you leave :fight: :shoot: :boxing:

:shifty:

:sad:
    soz menacakes

I'm back now if it's any consolation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZH89)
    Does anyone still workout during ramadhan?

I do, after iftar meal I just get to my training (bodyweight exercises and free weights), fasting didn't affect me that much, fitness wise. I actually feel better than before! :cool: :yep:
    No. It's kinda hard to fit it in, but also cos i usually have water after i run/jog, so can't do it before iftar and can't do it after cos i feel so bloated and i go pray taraweeh. But i've promised myself that i'd workout extra hard after Ramadhan finishes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedT)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Pff...only because I let you...because otherwise you'd be all :sad:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lulled into a false sense of security yet again...I'm too good :cool:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    false sense of security?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pfft.. thats what you think.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    aha.. oh the excitement. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    soz menacakes

I'm back now if it's any consolation.
    How you :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZH89)
    Does anyone still workout during ramadhan?

I do, after iftar meal I just get to my training (bodyweight exercises and free weights), fasting didn't affect me that much, fitness wise. I actually feel better than before! :cool: :yep:
    Yep I do, in the mornings (8ish) . But seeing as college is about to start in a few days I may have to change to after college. Agreed I used to be scared too before, thinking that If it will drain me, and I won't be able to do anything for the rest of the day. In fact if you eat the right food and gain the right nutrients at suhoor/Iftar, you'd be fine. I feel more refreshed after I come back from the gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZH89)
    haha I meant baaare
    :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    No. It's kinda hard to fit it in, but also cos i usually have water after i run/jog, so can't do it before iftar and can't do it after cos i feel so bloated and i go pray taraweeh. But i've promised myself that i'd workout extra hard after Ramadhan finishes.
    True it must be hard to jog/run on an empty stomach. I usually workout after taraweeh, at like midnight it works for me! :yep:

(Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Yep I do, in the mornings (8ish) . But seeing as college is about to start in a few days I may have to change to after college. Agreed I used to be scared too before, thinking that If it will drain me, and I won't be able to do anything for the rest of the day. In fact if you eat the right food and gain the right nutrients at suhoor/Iftar, you'd be fine. I feel more refreshed after I come back from the gym.
    Depends what you do in the mornings, and yeah get all your energy/nutrients from the suhoor meal, that's what I do :cool: but because I workout after taraweeh I make sure I get the right foods in the iftar meal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZH89)
    True it must be hard to jog/run on an empty stomach. I usually workout after taraweeh, at like midnight it works for me! :yep:
    I usually do cardio on an empty stomach anyway, but it's just i HAVE to have water after otherwise i feel so dehydrated and very tired. & i usually do free weights after to tone up, & my mum hardly makes any protein-rich stuff, so i can't even do that. I could never workout at midnight though lol, too late for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
    Oh I would do, another friend and I were going to do with our bestie (well, we're all besties!) but I'm on medication so I have to eat. Next year! My mum fasts every Tuesday :yep:
    Aw that's a shame! It's nice for you to have the intention though. What does your mum fast for?

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baboo.)
    Aw that's a shame! It's nice for you to have the intention though. What does your mum fast for?
    Yeah, I want to do it with my friend. Show her some support! Although, she usually only has a glass of grapefruit juice at sehri I'm cooking a feast!

Urm, I don't really know...a good family apparently. She told me to fast in order to get a good husband.:curious:

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    ;d

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone....why is it so quiet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    hi everyone....why is it so quiet?
    lol, i know
    hai :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkzz)
    lol, i know
    hai :o:
    hi! so how have you been?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.