Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Oh! I hope you pull through.

I find it really hard but somehow manage. I just think of all the people who have to fast, not out of choice but because they have no food. That thought helps me pull myself together.

This photograph sums it up well:

PULITZER PRIZE winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine. The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometre away. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. Three months later the photographer committed suicide due to depression.

Ramadan is for our own good to remember the poor and give to charity aswell and to thank Allah that we've been blessed with a good life.
    Thank you - I'd kinda forgotten why I was doing this. You're very right. We are blessed.

ReputationRep:

I find it really hard but somehow manage. I just think of all the people who have to fast, not out of choice but because they have no food. That thought helps me pull myself together.

PULITZER PRIZE winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine. The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometre away. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. Three months later the photographer committed suicide due to depression.

Ramadan is for our own good to remember the poor and give to charity aswell and to thank Allah that we've been blessed with a good life.
    :o: That picture would/could probably bring me to tears if I looked at it for any longer...I think for the people who don't understand why we fast that is probably a very good description....
    We must not take what we have for granted and be grateful for it...

ReputationRep:
    ^^ That is shocking.

(Original post by TheButtylicious)
    It's so cute how you're on this thread and you're not muslim. I just think it's nice how you're interested. Everyone I know still thinks Muslims and Islam are unrelated.
    It's either in this thread.. or nowhere..

I can't ask my Muslims friends about Islam.. because it seems rather (:o:) odd and makes me come across like a hippy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    :rofl:

That actually sounds a lot like me.. :eek:
    You're not him... are you?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you - I'd kinda forgotten why I was doing this. You're very right. We are blessed.
    But aren't you only fasting because you have to and not because you want to?

ReputationRep:
    so if u miss one day, do you really have to fast for 60 consec days ??

daamn

Spoiler:
    Show

I feel so bad sitting here with a bag of Bombay mix and a mango, and then seeing that picture..

ReputationRep:
    It's so cute how you're on this thread and you're not muslim. I just think it's nice how you're interested. Everyone I know still thinks Muslims and Islam are unrelated.
    :ditto:

I love it when non-Muslims ask questions or are generally interested. It brings a big smile to my face when they wish you a good Ramadan (on TSR aswell!). All out of their kind nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    But aren't you only fasting because you have to and not because you want to?
    Yeah, but still... there's actually a point as to why Muslims are supposed to fast

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

I love it when non-Muslims ask questions or are generally interested. It brings a big smile to my face when they wish you a good Ramadan (on TSR aswell!). All out of their kind nature.
    Ditto

You're not him... are you?! :p:
    LOL!

I don't think I am.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Back from taraweeh :hat2:
    Same here. My feet are killing me!. Anyway Ramadhan Kareem brother.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but still... there's actually a point as to why Muslims are supposed to fast
    Well when you look at it pretty much everything in Islam has a point to it...
    That picture really bring it home tho....:o:

Maybe you've changed your mind about why your fasting this month?

ReputationRep:
    It's either in this thread.. or nowhere..

I can't ask my Muslims friends about Islam.. because it seems rather (:o:) odd and makes me come across like a hippy
    Are your muslim friends strict?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so bad sitting here with a bag of Bombay mix and a mango, and then seeing that picture..
    Oh lawd, I love bombay mix! I have it in a strange way (according to some!) though :ninja: With chilli and onions and lemon juice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Well when you look at it pretty much everything in Islam has a point to it...
    That picture really bring it home tho....:o:

Maybe you've changed your mind about why your fasting this month?
    Stop making me feel guilty!!!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    And you, sir!

My feet are killing too but I get used to it after a few days. I soak my feet after I get back so that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lawd, I love bombay mix! I have it in a strange way (according to some!) though :ninja: With chilli and onions and lemon juice.
    I can't eat nuts so I'm deprived of bombay mix But Mango mmmm :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can't eat nuts so I'm deprived of bombay mix But Mango mmmm
    Ouch that must suck! My bombay mix is really spicy and makes me huff and puff. :angelblush:

I will be having cereal at suhoor though :yes: keeps hunger locked up! For a while.

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.