Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    hmm I dunno if I can handle Ramadan this year -_- gonna be hard, no drinking, less parties, no sex, long days without food...

As for the masturbating thing, I totally failed, but I'd only do it after breaking time.
    Your an idiot you know that? can't believe you just said that. then whats the bloody point of fasting if your gona do that after you break your fast. you're sucha a idiot!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    Whilst you're fasting I'll be feasting, drinking and banging a hooker (in that order too) and then after a life time of me doing that and you following fictional rules you and I and every other religious person will end up in the ground, as worm food. All equal.
    Why are you posting your crap in this thread? If you have nothing good to say, i dont see why your even posting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yeah like around Christmas...oh well another 10, 15 years and we're back to that! :yep:
    :woo:

Oh. I'll be dead by then

ReputationRep:
    Muslims are not permitted to drink...
    yes i know, but there is aparently a period that ur body clears the alcohol in the body, and untill then muslims are not allowed to pray,
    so how long is that period, and can u fast if u have not finished the period yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I think I'm going to get some sleep If I manage to get up before 4:17 then I might keep the first one (Chicken Pakoras here I come!)

Good Luck and Happy Ramadan ^^

Aww =) And you too.. pakoras mmmm lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    yes i know, but there is aparently a period that ur body clears the alcohol in the body, and untill then muslims are not allowed to pray,
    so how long is that period, and can u fast if u have not finished the period yet?
    http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=25

Does that answer your Q?

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it...what's the point of fasting or even saying your a Muslim if you drink....:confused:
    I guess if you drink you can just make up your rules as you go along. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about others but I find it quite fun, waking up early in the morning to eat with your family.

ReputationRep:
    how long after having alcohol are muslims not allowed to pray?
    and if they are not allowed to pray, are they allowed to fast??
    and are muslims allowed to smoke tobbaco while fasting???

[answer from someone who knows, please]
    for the first question...muslims should not drink, and they are not supposed to pray under the influence of drink (so they can pray when they are sober). This is what i was told a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    I don't know about others but I find it quite fun, waking up early in the morning to eat with your family.
    Aw =) I used to, during school days, I dont wake up to have suhoor anymore, i eat before i go to bed, Or i wait till dads home from work, around 1ish and then eat < that i find really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_<3_you)
    http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=25

Does that answer your Q?
    omg that confused me even more, i thought its haram [sp?] for a muslim to have any alcohol, no matter if they get drunk or not, but that site says its okay to drink, as long as u dont get ****faced :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it...what's the point of fasting or even saying your a Muslim if you drink....:confused:
    I guess if you drink you can just make up your rules as you go along. :rolleyes:
    So true, let me say this again: IF A MUSLIM DRINKS CONSTANTLY, THEY ARE NOT A MUSLIM IMO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    for the first question...muslims should not drink, and they are not supposed to pray under the influence of drink (so they can pray when they are sober). This is what i was told a long time ago.
    yes i know muslims shouldnt drink, im askin what the length of the period that a body would sober up, i heard its something like 2 weeks but am not sure, hence asking?

ReputationRep:
    ramashin onuk rabadasheen zulu

ReputationRep:
    omg that confused me even more, i thought its haram [sp?] for a muslim to have any alcohol, no matter if they get drunk or not, but that site says its okay to drink, as long as u dont get ********* :eek3:
    Think it's just one those illogical statements and teaching..

ReputationRep:
    omg that confused me even more, i thought its haram [sp?] for a muslim to have any alcohol, no matter if they get drunk or not, but that site says its okay to drink, as long as u dont get ********* :eek3:
    You certainly have misread : we should fear Allah and avoid His punishment and His wrath, as drinking liquor is a major sin and the one who drinks it is cursed by the Prophet (peace be upon him). did you even read that line?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    ramashin onuk rabadasheen zulu
    ENGLISH!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    omg that confused me even more, i thought its haram [sp?] for a muslim to have any alcohol, no matter if they get drunk or not, but that site says its okay to drink, as long as u dont get ****faced :eek3:
    Yeah it is, hence the second part of the page explaining how alcohol is a sin so that sorta rules out drinking in the first place as it says that it is Haram....

ReputationRep:
    yes i know muslims shouldnt drink, im askin what the length of the period that a body would sober up, i heard its something like 2 weeks but am not sure, hence asking?
    Does it take 2 weeks for someone who does drink to sober up???? :confused:

Its not the body, its the mind isnt it? So you know what you are saying during prayer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_<3_you)
    You certainly have misread : we should fear Allah and avoid His punishment and His wrath, as drinking liquor is a major sin and the one who drinks it is cursed by the Prophet (peace be upon him). did you even read that line?
    yea i read it, the 1st paragraph says its fine to drink, but not get drunk and pray, and then it says its a sin to drink [and i know the 2nd one is right]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.