Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    A Prisoner of Birth 2? :teeth:
    What are you implying by that?

ReputationRep:
    just on TSR, you?
    Oh yeah! Likewise, surprisingly. I mean, what a coincidence :nutcase: :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    There was really no need for this. If John hadn't said this thread was useless to begin with, and had actually joined with much kinder words, we wouldn't have had a problem.

But whatever.
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah, dear sister,

It is of little relevance whether one thinks his words were said at the correct time. He is our brother and such a response was extremely harsh. It is ramadhan, the brother is happy now, so you should be happy and we should all forgive and forget lest we instill dislike between ourselves.

When we give the salams to a muslim, we should forgive and forget EVERYTHING we may have had against them. Why? Because if you don't then your salams will be a greeting of hyprocrisy.
    If you have not forgiven them everything, then how can you say to them the salams? Let us all remember this inshaAllah!

Wassalamualaykum.

ReputationRep:
    What are you implying by that?
    Are you the fan of Jeffrey Archer books?

ReputationRep:
    Are you the fan of Jeffrey Archer books?
    Not really.. I read 'A Twist in the Tale' - some short stories, and wasn't highly impressed with his literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I wouldn't say hate :ninja: But they weren't amongst my favourite Maybe it was because I wasn't particularly good at them that I didn't enjoy them. Or maybe I didn't enjoy them because I wasn't that good at them :p: Idk, either way
    lol..its the opposite with me:p:

anywayz...get off TSR! do your work:p:

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying I am not aware of my religion?

Please don't go around preaching, when you have no clue what the person is like.

Forget all of this - I don't want to argue with you anymore.
    No I am not. I do not preach and am not qualified to preach. Of course I do not know what you are like in real life but I have learnt what you are like on this forum.

What I mean really about the "preaching" bit is that Abu Umar, Me and some other Muslims member are active in Theology section. I do not see you over there.

You are making it more unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnappleseed)
    No I am not. I do not preach and am not qualified to preach. Of course I do not know what you are like in real life but I have learnt what you are like on this forum.

What I mean really about the "preaching" bit is that Abu Umar, Me and some other Muslims member are active in Theology section. I do not see you over there.

can we stop this now?...please:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    lol..its the opposite with me:p:

anywayz...get off TSR! do your work:p:
    I've done as much as I could for today.

Well that's an utter lie actually. I actually haven't progressed what so ever. Instead of listening to the stuff and further transcribing it, I just transferred what I had on the paper over to Microsoft Word. So technically, I'm in the same position as I was before I even opened my book :yep:

ReputationRep:

Assalamu alaykum.

ReputationRep:
    LOLOL TSR BEEF :cool:

:fight:

:boxing:

:shoot:

K I won't join in :sigh:

ReputationRep:

The reason I became active in TSR is because some people were ****ging down Islam. I came across a whole lot of questioning regarding Islamic principles and tried to set these people straight on the basics of Islam. After all of that I learnt that some people on the internet are purely just there to cause riots and arguments and provoke hate - therefore I no longer get muddled in with the Islamic threads. Therefore I do not go in the theology section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    can we stop this now?...please:o:
    Don't tell me to stop. I stopped already. Tell him and others. He is continuing it. Look at what he said and what I said. There!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Apologies.
    but You still haven't said that what he said was correct. i hope you can understand our frustration too. but nvm. it was only my frustration by what it appeared to be a negative ''intruder'' :sadnod:

anyway again lets move one.
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah sister. InshaAllah you are in the best of health and spirits!

The problem when one sees this thread before posting is thus:

It is called a ramadhan thread. Yet there is little to nothing of relevance discussed about ramadham, Islam, the Ummah etc.

People curse on here, and even have the recklessness to suggest that somebody is not muslim, because they themselves are unaware that Furqaan is another name of the Qur'an. Surely do the research before making pseudo-takfir upon a brother??

Secondly, taking issue with the writing of some on here is valid. It is haraam to imitate the kuffar. And nobody can tell me that some of the speech and manners on here that of a muslim. It is the speech of the lowest of the low, the gangs, the chavs, the people who idolise gang culture. Surely we can do better than copy their speech. I posted in here a long time ago a few ahadeeth about the issue of imitating the kuffar in mannerisms and speech. The issue was serious in the eyes of our beloved prophet(saws) and therefore, it should be of utmost importance to all of us.

I hope this makes sense, and I do not come across as being harsh.

Wassalamualaykum.

ReputationRep:
    Brothers and sisters, it is high time we forgive and forget lest we hate each other in our hearts.

We have more beneficial matters to discuss than a small argument.

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell me to stop. I stopped already. Tell him and others. He is continuing it. Look at what he said and what I said. There!
    If you are referring to me, I am a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah sister. InshaAllah you are in the best of health and spirits!
    thank you brother. and same to you.

Wassalamualaykum.
    I did actually research it and stopped in my tracks from carrying the subject further:yep: But I sense this will continue for ages so im just going to say thanks for the response, i appreciate everything you're saying , i do and hope you're doing well.

ReputationRep:
    It is called a ramadhan thread. Yet there is little to nothing of relevance discussed about ramadham, Islam, the Ummah etc.
    Thank you very much. That is what I said and yet all of those who strongly oppose me because of that.

People curse on here, and even have the recklessness to suggest that somebody is not muslim, because they themselves are unaware that Furqaan is another name of the Qur'an. Surely do the research before making pseudo-takfir upon a brother??
    Yes. They have been attacking me, calling me disbeliever etc.

Secondly, taking issue with the writing of some on here is valid. It is haraam to imitate the kuffar. And nobody can tell me that some of the speech and manners on here that of a muslim. It is the speech of the lowest of the low, the gangs, the chavs, the people who idolise gang culture. Surely we can do better than copy their speech. I posted in here a long time ago a few ahadeeth about the issue of imitating the kuffar in mannerisms and speech. The issue was serious in the eyes of our beloved prophet(saws) and therefore, it should be of utmost importance to all of us.

I hope this makes sense, and I do not come across as being harsh.

Wassalamualaykum.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    johnappleseed has a point. We don't have enough Ramadan discussion in here, considering it is a Ramadan thread. Can anyone really disagree with this? Come forward.

Maybe he could've worded it differently though because he said "What is the point of having this thread when you do not talk about anything useful?" implying we never talk about anything useful but we do from time to time but not enough.

I don't agree with being harsh towards him We should take his words on board rather than slate him.

ReputationRep:

The problem when one sees this thread before posting is thus:

I understand what you are pointing out and yeah it is a Ramadan Thread but if that was the only thing everyone talked about, firstly the conversation would run out fairly quickly and secondly, the holy month has provided a base for conversation, it's just bought all of us who are fasting together, to discuss fasting and other things.

On a different note, I respect what you're saying greatly. You just want to see everyone getting on. But I don't see why that should include us not being able to talk about topics other than Islam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.