Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Brothers and sisters, it is high time we forgive and forget lest we hate each other in our hearts.

We have more beneficial matters to discuss than a small argument.
    Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Any chance you're a haafiz or an 'Aalim ?

ReputationRep:
    Brothers and sisters, it is high time we forgive and forget lest we hate each other in our hearts.

We have more beneficial matters to discuss than a small argument.
    I can't believe such a fun loving thread has been turned into a depressive argument. I'm leaving.

Bye all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    johnappleseed has a point. We don't have enough Ramadan discussion in here, considering it is a Ramadan thread. Can anyone really disagree with this? Come forward.

Maybe he could've worded it differently though because he said "What is the point of having this thread when you do not talk about anything useful?" implying we never talk about anything useful but we do from time to time but not enough.

I don't agree with being harsh towards him We should take his words on board rather than slate him.
    Yes I agreed. My wording was not phased in that manner. I do apologise to everyone who was offended.

ReputationRep:
    No flavity don't go:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad this thread is about to turn for the good, i feared it might be going to the dogs at times. Harmless talk from time to time is not a problem, but the underlying theme of this thread has definitely not been ramadhan.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should talk about both Ramadan and everything else in general but in moderation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thank you brother. and same to you.

I did actually research it and stopped in my tracks from carrying the subject further:yep: But I sense this will continue for ages so im just going to say thanks for the response, i appreciate everything you're saying , i do and hope you're doing well.
    Alhamdulillah I am well sister!

InshaAllah it will stop, the sincere muslim brothers and sisters here are humble and will give up their dispute for the sake of Allah. Let me share this oft-quoted hadith with all of you:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:

"I guarantee a house in Paradise for whoever leaves an argument, even if he was right, and a house in the middle of Paradise for whoever leaves lies, even if he was joking, and a house at the top of Paradise for whoever who has good manners." (Reported by Abu Dawood.)

Wassalamualaykum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I've done as much as I could for today.

Well that's an utter lie actually. I actually haven't progressed what so ever. Instead of listening to the stuff and further transcribing it, I just transferred what I had on the paper over to Microsoft Word. So technically, I'm in the same position as I was before I even opened my book :yep:
    hmm...what book is it?...there may be a transcription on the internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    No flavity don't go:hugs:
    I'm sorry, but I really didn't appreciate the subtle harsh remarks made about me.

I'll return when everyones in a happier mood and when John has left, he clearly does not like me and he didn't even realise I was a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Assalamu alaykum.
    May Allah's Peace and Blessing be upon you.

(Original post by Flavity)
    If you are referring to me, I am a girl.
    Yes I was referring to you. I am sorry that I referred to you as a Male.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah sister. InshaAllah you are in the best of health and spirits!

The problem when one sees this thread before posting is thus:

It is called a ramadhan thread. Yet there is little to nothing of relevance discussed about ramadham, Islam, the Ummah etc.

People curse on here, and even have the recklessness to suggest that somebody is not muslim, because they themselves are unaware that Furqaan is another name of the Qur'an. Surely do the research before making pseudo-takfir upon a brother??

Secondly, taking issue with the writing of some on here is valid. It is haraam to imitate the kuffar. And nobody can tell me that some of the speech and manners on here that of a muslim. It is the speech of the lowest of the low, the gangs, the chavs, the people who idolise gang culture. Surely we can do better than copy their speech. I posted in here a long time ago a few ahadeeth about the issue of imitating the kuffar in mannerisms and speech. The issue was serious in the eyes of our beloved prophet(saws) and therefore, it should be of utmost importance to all of us.

I hope this makes sense, and I do not come across as being harsh.

Wassalamualaykum.
    the bold bit made me smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    I'm sorry, but I really didn't appreciate the subtle harsh remarks made about me.

I'll return when everyones in a happier mood and when John has left, he clearly does not like me and he didn't even realise I was a girl
    Try not to take it personally. I apologise about my remarks earlier if you still feel bad about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    hmm...what book is it?...there may be a transcription on the internet
    It's not a book. It's not that easy for us :awesome:
    We had to basically write our own travel piece, then we had to take notes on it, and then record it through a microphone. Now I have to listen to it and transcribe it :sigh: Listening to my own voice over and over gets rather tedious, tbf.

We were told to take notes on it before recording it so that there are plenty more non-fluency features. As opposed to reading it straight from the piece of paper because it would be too fluent, and apparently, errors are good :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I understand what you are pointing out and yeah it is a Ramadan Thread but if that was the only thing everyone talked about, firstly the conversation would run out fairly quickly and secondly, the holy month has provided a base for conversation, it's just bought all of us who are fasting together, to discuss fasting and other things.

On a different note, I respect what you're saying greatly. You just want to see everyone getting on. But I don't see why that should include us not being able to talk about topics other than Islam.

Assalamualaykum!

We will never run out of things to talk about our blessed deen!!

Of course I agree, we should talk about other things, but in moderation. But the wasting of time is not an attribute of the believing man or woman.

Don't get me wrong, we all have worldy matter to talk about as well, Just Islam should always be number one, even if it means people talking in a more islamic manner on here, even if the topic is something else.

Wassalamualaykum.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaykum!

We will never run out of things to talk about our blessed deen!!

Of course I agree, we should talk about other things, but in moderation. But the wasting of time is not an attribute of the believing man or woman.

Don't get me wrong, we all have worldy matter to talk about as well, Just Islam should always be number one, even if it means people talking in a more islamic manner on here, even if the topic is something else.

Wassalamualaykum.
    I agree :yep:

Wouldn't us 'talking in a more islamic manner' include us being friendly to each other, joking about with each other, not holding grudges, not arguing, not taking things too seriously etc etc?
    Because if that's the case then we have been doing that. If anyone is talking about stuff it is not in a negative way, it is just general chit chat and nothing aimed to make anyone else feel inferior.

Eugh I don't even think what I wrote makes sense :sigh: The generalisation made by johnappleseed was unnecessary, tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    It's not a book. It's not that easy for us :awesome:
    We had to basically write our own travel piece, then we had to take notes on it, and then record it through a microphone. Now I have to listen to it and transcribe it :sigh: Listening to my own voice over and over gets rather tedious, tbf.

We were told to take notes on it before recording it so that there are plenty more non-fluency features. As opposed to reading it straight from the piece of paper because it would be too fluent, and apparently, errors are good :teeth:
    ah..lol ok..

and yh i kinda get what you mean by the 'too fluent' part =)

ReputationRep:
    So yeah.
    Who likes cake?

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaykum dear brothers and sisters,

I swear by Allah, I did not intend to single people out, only to remind everybody of how we should act, and to protect us from making costly mistakes simply by typing on a forum. I apologise for offending anybody.

Wassalamualaykum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Try not to take it personally. I apologise about my remarks earlier if you still feel bad about it.
    Don't worry about what you said earlier, alls forgotten

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Any chance you're a haafiz or an 'Aalim ?
    Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu!

Dear brother, I am neither. But you may make duaa for me that Allah bless me with some knowledge of the deen.

Wassalamualaykum.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.