Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I agree :yep:

Wouldn't us 'talking in a more islamic manner' include us being friendly to each other, joking about with each other, not holding grudges, not arguing, not taking things too seriously etc etc?
    Because if that's the case then we have been doing that. If anyone is talking about stuff it is not in a negative way, it is just general chit chat and nothing aimed to make anyone else feel inferior.

Eugh I don't even think what I wrote makes sense :sigh: The generalisation made by johnappleseed was unnecessary, tbf.
    Thank you for everything you've been saying, been making me feel a whole lot better :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    So yeah.
    Who likes cake?
    :facepalm: i forgot to make my profiteroles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Assalamualaykum dear brothers and sisters,

I swear by Allah, I did not intend to single people out, only to remind everybody of how we should act, and to protect us from making costly mistakes simply by typing on a forum. I apologise for offending anybody.

Wassalamualaykum.
    But you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Thank you for everything you've been saying, been making me feel a whole lot better :hugs:
    Your welcome Also, could you edit your post :ninja: I mean the quote bit. I wrote 'include is' instead of 'include us' :ninja: :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Assalamualaykum dear brothers and sisters,

I swear by Allah, I did not intend to single people out, only to remind everybody of how we should act, and to protect us from making costly mistakes simply by typing on a forum. I apologise for offending anybody.

Wassalamualaykum.
    Bro, did you know we're supposed to have small talk or move places when praying sunnah in the Masjid after a fardh prayer? I only find out a couple of days ago.

ReputationRep:
    So yeah.
    Who likes cake?
    Me :sogood: Got some?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Me :sogood: Got some?
    Aye.
    I have a whole chocolate gateau to myself, I'm contemplating whether to eat it all now. But I already weigh like 18 stone, so tis a bit risky.

ReputationRep:
    But you did.
    He did not and leave him alone. I am done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Your welcome Also, could you edit your post :ninja: I mean the quote bit. I wrote 'include is' instead of 'include us' :ninja: :facepalm:
    done

GRAMMAR FAIL! :p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    love you really :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnappleseed)
    He did not and leave him alone. I am done.
    Fine.

I'm sorry if I've caused any offence or offended you in any way shape or form in this thread.

Now bye.

ReputationRep:
    done

GRAMMAR FAIL! :p:

Spoiler:
    Show
    love you really :o:
    Hey I'm excused :awesome: u and i are next to each other on the keyboard.

EDIT: no cheesy chat up line intended :lolwut: I just realised how that sounds :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I agree :yep:

Wouldn't us 'talking in a more islamic manner' include is being friendly to each other, joking about with each other, not holding grudges, not arguing, not taking things too seriously etc etc?
    Because if that's the case then we have been doing that. If anyone is talking about stuff it is not in a negative way, it is just general chit chat and nothing aimed to make anyone else feel inferior.

Eugh I don't even think what I wrote makes sense :sigh: The generalisation made by johnappleseed was unnecessary, tbf.
    Assalamualaykum.

Talking in an Islamic manner means:

giving and replying to the salams, which is incumbent upon us, speaking in a pleasing manner, without imitating the low speech of some of the kuffar, yes-not holding grudges is from the deen, speaking of Islamic issues. And so on.

When a brother or sister comes on here and admonishes everybody, it should not illicit an attack or agressive response. We should take the good and leave the bad, and ask Allah to forgive and guide them if they erred. We should reflect on any good points made. For verily what was said eariler was true:

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saws) said, "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little." [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, #627]

However, this does not detract from being light-hearted at times, because we all know it creates ease and love between the Ummah, but all etiquette should still be maintained.

Wassalamualaykum

ReputationRep:
    Aye.
    I have a whole chocolate gateau to myself, I'm contemplating whether to eat it all now. But I already weigh like 18 stone, so tis a bit risky.
    Plece, I've put weight on :puppyeyes: So I can deal with a few more pounds. Express delivery plece.

ReputationRep:
    Fine.

I'm sorry if I've caused any offence or offended you in any way shape or form in this thread.

Now bye.
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baboo.)
    I always noticed people move back to pray sunnah after fardh but never understood why. Is there a hadith regarding this?
    Yes, there's a hadeeth, it'll be a job digging it out again though, i read it in a book i have called riyadh us saliheen. It's a good book i recommend it, it has many ahadeeth with commentary as well explaining them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Hey I'm excused :awesome: u and i are next to each other on the keyboard.

EDIT: no cheesy chat up line intended :lolwut: I just realised how that sounds :rofl:
    Aha.. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Plece, I've put weight on :puppyeyes: So I can deal with a few more pounds. Express delivery plece.
    Shuttup! Anorexic. :ninja:
    I'll personally deliver it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Bro, did you know we're supposed to have small talk or move places when praying sunnah in the Masjid after a fardh prayer? I only find out a couple of days ago.
    Assalamualaykum,

I know that one should either make tasbeeh, or move places before performing sunnah salah. The other part I did not know. JazakAllah khair!

Wassalamualaykum.

ReputationRep:
    Shuttup! Anorexic. :ninja:
    I'll personally deliver it
    Anorexic? Puh-lease. You clearly haven't seen me :plz2: I'm not fat but neither am I anorexic. :lolwut:

Naw, I'd rather you posted it.

ReputationRep:
    But you did.
    Assalamualaykum,

Sister, if there is some dispute concerning what I said, say it now and get it out of the way. I am not here to attack only to prevent us all from hating each other

Wasalamualaykum.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.