Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Assalamualaykum,

Sister, if there is some dispute concerning what I said, say it now and get it out of the way. I am not here to attack only to prevent us all from hating each other

Wasalamualaykum.
    I'm sorry, its fine, alls forgotten.

No one was hating anyone before this.

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu 'alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

SubhanAllah. Just been reading the past few pages, and I can't believe that certain people on here can't take advice. I agree with Abu Umar and John, that this thread really hasn't been Islamic-like at all. It's just been like another one of those threads & unfortunately i've also fallen into the idle chit chat, although there has been some Islamic talk. Also, not gonna mention any names, but seriously, if you truly loved the deen, then you'd take any advice on board with a smile. Why argue if someone is advising you? Anyway, i hope everyone has calmed down now. Don't forget that arguing and such-like is stuff that shaytaan would love especially in Ramadhan [where you get so many times the sins worth] let alone outside of Ramadhan. We're all brothers and sisters in Islam at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Anorexic? Puh-lease. You clearly haven't seen me :plz2: I'm not fat but neither am I anorexic. :lolwut:

Naw, I'd rather you posted it.
    But it might melt and get squished in the post box. I think I'll be making a trip up Norf aye.

For the footy that is :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    x
    :hi:
    :poke:

Man, this fasting is hard work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)

SubhanAllah. Just been reading the past few pages, and I can't believe that certain people on here can't take advice. I agree with Abu Umar and John, that this thread really hasn't been Islamic-like at all. It's just been like another one of those threads & unfortunately i've also fallen into the idle chit chat, although there has been some Islamic talk. Also, not gonna mention any names, but seriously, if you truly loved the deen, then you'd take any advice on board with a smile. Why argue if someone is advising you? Anyway, i hope everyone has calmed down now. Don't forget that arguing and such-like is stuff that shaytaan would love especially in Ramadhan [where you get so many times the sins worth] let alone outside of Ramadhan. We're all brothers and sisters in Islam at the end of the day.
    And me? :angelblush:

Very well said though. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    You can eat now btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    Aye babygurl :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wazaaaa???! How u guys doing? Ramadan going ok? Anyone up for hummos ?...*ehum* Mashalla *ehum*

^^ I love how everyone's throwing in islamic words every now and then just to make it "the ramadan thread" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    :hi:
    :poke:
    hey :wavey:

feel a bit drained but hey :sigh:

ReputationRep:

Well said, add that to the fact that in ramadhan the shayaateen are chained up, this means there is no waswaas no whispering to make us do things, so whatever we do is from our own self, this is our true self without external influence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    And me? :angelblush:

Very well said though. :yy:
    Oh yeh & farhan too. Sorry.

I'm kinda sad. I only prayed 8 rakat in taraweeh today. :sad:

ReputationRep:

Well said.

And apologies if I came across as a bit rude.

ReputationRep:

Thank you. May Allah Bless you.

ReputationRep:
    :smurf:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh & farhan too. Sorry.

I'm kinda sad. I only prayed 8 rakat in taraweeh today.
    How come?

I never get tired in taraweeh anymore because whenever I start thinking I'm tired I just tell myself it's good exercise It's all in the mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    I'm sorry, its fine, alls forgotten.

No one was hating anyone before this.
    No need to apologise to anybody dear sister. If I took up one single issue on its own, it was somebody suggesting that another muslim is not actually a muslim. I only wished to point this out so that we all learn from this because it is an extrememly serious issue.

"If a man calls his Muslim brother kafir, it applies to one of the two." (Bukhari)

"Whenever a man accuses another of being a kafir or wrong-doer, this accusation will rebound on him if the one accused is not in reality a kafir or wrong-doer." (Bukhari)

"The man who calls another 'kafir' or 'enemy of God,' and the latter was not such, this charge will indeed turn back upon the accused." (Muslim)

"He who curses a believer, it is as if he has killed him. And he who accuses a believer of kufr, it is as if he has killed him." (Bukhari)

This is why I pointed this individual issue out. It was not intended to be harsh to anybody, only to protect us from something we might say offhand, unaware the meaning of their words.

InshaAllah you understand that I did not mean to be harsh.

Wassalamualaykum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Well said, add that to the fact that in ramadhan the shayaateen are chained up, this means there is no waswaas no whispering to make us do things, so whatever we do is from our own self, this is our true self without external influence.
    Exactly yeh, any bad stuff is just habit and we wouldn't be able to blame the shayateen.

Btw bro, can i just ask: there seems to be a difference of opinion about what type of shayateen are locked up. Some say that only the major ones are locked up, whilst other scholars say all of them are locked up. Which is the major opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    No need to apologise to anybody dear sister. If I took up one single issue on its own, it was somebody suggesting that another muslim is not actually a muslim. I only wished to point this out so that we all learn from this because it is an extrememly serious issue.

"If a man calls his Muslim brother kafir, it applies to one of the two." (Bukhari)

"Whenever a man accuses another of being a kafir or wrong-doer, this accusation will rebound on him if the one accused is not in reality a kafir or wrong-doer." (Bukhari)

"The man who calls another 'kafir' or 'enemy of God,' and the latter was not such, this charge will indeed turn back upon the accused." (Muslim)

"He who curses a believer, it is as if he has killed him. And he who accuses a believer of kufr, it is as if he has killed him." (Bukhari)

This is why I pointed this individual issue out. It was not intended to be harsh to anybody, only to protect us from something we might say offhand, unaware the meaning of their words.

InshaAllah you understand that I did not mean to be harsh.

Wassalamualaykum
    Masha Allah Abu Umar. How do you manage to quickly post references to hadiths, Qur'anic verses etc? I wish I could do that.

What are you planning to eat for suhoor tonight?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly yeh, any bad stuff is just habit and we wouldn't be able to blame the shayateen.

Btw bro, can i just ask: there seems to be a difference of opinion about what type of shayateen are locked up. Some say that only the major ones are locked up, whilst other scholars say all of them are locked up. Which is the major opinion?
    Assalamualaykum,

Here is you answer

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/37965
    Wassalamualaykum

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.