Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Ramadan 2009 Thread!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    No need to apologise to anybody dear sister. If I took up one single issue on its own, it was somebody suggesting that another muslim is not actually a muslim. I only wished to point this out so that we all learn from this because it is an extrememly serious issue.

"If a man calls his Muslim brother kafir, it applies to one of the two." (Bukhari)

"Whenever a man accuses another of being a kafir or wrong-doer, this accusation will rebound on him if the one accused is not in reality a kafir or wrong-doer." (Bukhari)

"The man who calls another 'kafir' or 'enemy of God,' and the latter was not such, this charge will indeed turn back upon the accused." (Muslim)

"He who curses a believer, it is as if he has killed him. And he who accuses a believer of kufr, it is as if he has killed him." (Bukhari)

This is why I pointed this individual issue out. It was not intended to be harsh to anybody, only to protect us from something we might say offhand, unaware the meaning of their words.

InshaAllah you understand that I did not mean to be harsh.

Wassalamualaykum
    I am sorry, I did not realise what a grave mistake this was.

I shall try not to do it again inshallah.

(On that note I'd also like to say I really am sorry to slowaccess for judging his religion by his name.)

I've made a bit of a mess of things.

Thank you Abu Umar tho, you've put things into perspective.

Wasalam.

ReputationRep:
    talk to you all later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Exactly yeh, any bad stuff is just habit and we wouldn't be able to blame the shayateen.

Btw bro, can i just ask: there seems to be a difference of opinion about what type of shayateen are locked up. Some say that only the major ones are locked up, whilst other scholars say all of them are locked up. Which is the major opinion?
    Abu Umar got there ahead of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    Well said.

And apologies if I came across as a bit rude.
    Ukhti we all have our bad days and such and nobody can really judge you except Allah. Everyone is prone to do wrong so it's not just you or anybody else on this thread.

Remember, stuff like arguing, shouting, swearing, makes our fasts invalid, so less likely for it to be accepted by Allah. We should pray that inshAllah Allah accepts this Ramadhan from us. Aameen.

(Original post by johnappleseed)
    Thank you. May Allah Bless you.
    May Allah Bless you too.

ReputationRep:
    Masha Allah Abu Umar. How do you manage to quickly post references to hadiths, Qur'anic verses etc? I wish I could do that.

What are you planning to eat for suhoor tonight?

I just remember a hadith I have heard, and search what I remember of its text, and then find it in full with its original wording.

It is simply a matter of remembering a reference to an issue and searching it. If you rememebr enough, the full verse/hadith will appear in the results. Nothing special. lol :bban:

Suhoor? Not much, I am full. My father took me for dinner before he went away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    How come?

I never get tired in taraweeh anymore because whenever I start thinking I'm tired I just tell myself it's good exercise It's all in the mind.
    It's cos my younger brother went with us, and he's got school on monday and we want him to get used to sleeping early for school so we only prayed 8. First time praying 8 this month so far.

MashAllah that's good. I hardly get tired, only during the last few, but the feeling at the end is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    I am sorry, I did not realise what a grave mistake this was.

I shall try not to do it again inshallah.

(On that note I'd also like to say I really am sorry to slowaccess for judging his religion by his name.)

I've made a bit of a mess of things.

Thank you Abu Umar tho, you've put things into perspective.

Wasalam.
    Alhamdulillah!!

This is the humility of a true and sincere believer; that they accept the truth so readily!!

May Allah keep you firmly upon the straight path, rectify all your affairs and grant you Jannah. Ameen!!

:bban:

Wassalamualaykum.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaykum,

Here is you answer

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/37965
    Wassalamualaykum
    Oh okay. JazakhAllah khayr for that akhi.

ReputationRep:
    I just remember a hadith I have heard, and search what I remember of its text, and then find it in full with its original wording.

It is simply a matter of remembering a reference to an issue and searching it. If you rememebr enough, the full verse/hadith will appear in the results. Nothing special. lol :bban:
    Lol, i only began doing that later, before i actually used sahih al bukhari when i wanted to give a hadeeth lol.

ReputationRep:

Suhoor? Not much, I am full. My father took me for dinner before he went away.
    I wish to be like the early Muslims, who memorised everything. Qur'an, Hadiths, Stories etc.

Are you back in school? If so, how are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Lol, i only began doing that later, before i actually used sahih al bukhari when i wanted to give a hadeeth lol.
    This reminds me of a video and article I saw about the muslims who study the deen in Mauritania. They know Qur'anic arabic perfectly, hafidh ul-Qur'an, often in many recitation styles, and many know bukhari and muslim by heart, including the isnaads. SubhaanAllah!

ReputationRep:
    I wish to be like the early Muslims, who memorised everything. Qur'an, Hadiths, Stories etc.

Are you back in school? If so, how are you finding it?
    May Allah place us all upon the path of our righteous predecessors.

I am back at university at the beginning of October for my final year.

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of a video and article I saw about the muslims who study the deen in Mauritania. They know Qur'anic arabic perfectly, hafidh ul-Qur'an, often in many recitation styles, and many know bukhari and muslim by heart, including the isnaads. SubhaanAllah!
    Mashallah, that's jaw-dropping, isnaads and everything, i wouldn't mind knowing that.

Is anyone here planning to go to Madinah, or abroad to study islam? Don't you think it's attractive?

ReputationRep:
    May Allah place us all upon the path of our righteous predecessors.

I am back at university at the beginning of October for my final year.
    Wow, you are at university? Masha Allah. I'm guessing it is much easier to fast in University than in school.

Oh Brother!, have you see this thread? Somebody posted an offensive pictures of our Prophet (May Allah's Peace and Blessing be upon him).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baboo.)
    *shares around dates to everyone*

The ones with nuts in the middle. :love:
    oh do you have almonds in your dates too??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Mashallah, that's jaw-dropping, isnaads and everything, i wouldn't mind knowing that.

Is anyone here planning to go to Madinah, or abroad to study islam? Don't you think it's attractive?
    The prospect of studying the deen anywhere is attractive. Saudi, Egypt, Mauritania, Yemen etc.

Hijrah is also attractive. RasulAllah(saws) said that hijrah for the sake of Allah wipes away all that came before it!!!!

Or one could go somewhere and practice the pinnacle of Islam :bban:

ReputationRep:
    The prospect of studying the deen anywhere is attractive. Saudi, Egypt, Mauritania, Yemen etc.

Hijrah is also attractive. RasulAllah(saws) said that hijrah for the sake of Allah wipes away all that came before it!!!!

Or one could go somewhere and practice the pinnacle of Islam :bban:
    Brother, have you read my reply yet? I am eager to know.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you are at university? Masha Allah. I'm guessing it is much easier to fast in University than in school.

Oh Brother!, have you see this thread? Somebody posted an offensive pictures of our Prophet (May Allah's Peace and Blessing be upon him).
    It's inappropriate sharing that around, they want you to do this, just report the ad-hom and try not to advertise it bro.

ReputationRep:

Well I won't be back for 3 weeks yet. But you are right, fasting there is easier than at school.

I saw the thread. I now wish I had not. Dear brother, what do you expect from these evil kuffar who have the stupidity to disprespect the greatest human that Allah azzawajal placed upon the face of this earth.

Many of them are deaf dumb and blind.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry to mentioned that thread. I was horrified. I just want other Muslims to know about it so that we can do something about it as we must defend our Prophet (May Allah's Peace and Blessing be upon him).

Maybe next time, I will not mention anything like that.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.