Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnappleseed)
    I do not think they should even make a video about it or even act on one of the companions. Is it a animated film?
    Nope, a proper movie. It's good. You should watch it.

Glad it was okay. Did people inquire about it or just left you alone?
    Well some would ask stupid stuff like 'you're fasting innit', but mostly yeh they left me alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    May Allah protect your whole family sister, and may He reward you and your sister abundantly for wearing the niqaab. Truly I am in awe of those sisters who have the strength to follow such an important sunnah. SubhaanAllah wa bihamdi!
    :yep: Inshallah. All credit to the sisters for that, some don't even wear the hijab. But i sympathise with those sisters that don't even wear the hijab, i can't criticise, it's very hard for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someperson)
    i start on monday...but last year i did find it quite hard. this was more due to the lack of sleep than the hunger. i'd come home about 4/5..pray/read Quran...prepare and have iftar...pray...sleep for a bit..sehri..do any work or read a bit more and then leave at 7.30 for sixth form. hopefully this time i'll fit in a bit more sleep =)

:rofl:
    I find the sleep difficult! I am having sleep deprivation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makaveli_The_Don)
    Change yours111!!!
    It's blinding me. arrghhhh
    I know I can be blinding... :rolleyes:

but you're supposed to say Mashallah...

ReputationRep:
    I do not think they should even make a video about it or even act on one of the companions. Is it a animated film?
    i actually had to see the film as part of my history lessons at school. it is not animated...and if i remember correctly my teacher told us that it is actually based on historical facts..not just the Islamic view (the teacher was not muslim btw)

I find the sleep difficult! I am having sleep deprivation.
    get off tsr and sleep!!!!

i should follow my own advice:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    Cool, that was what i was thinking as well, you can even apply to get into the faculty of Qur'aan at Madinah if you go there as they only huffaaz to get in there. I'll be thinking about it as well, but make sure you do well in your degree as it goes in your application if you ever apply.
    I know quite a few people studying at Madinah, Masha'Allah they said the teaching is of the highest quality. I think you have to be a hafidh to apply there, not really sure. Oh well I'm just going to have to make my hifdh stronger and stronger if I'm going to apply in the upcoming years, Insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slawaccess23)
    :yep: Inshallah. All credit to the sisters for that, some don't even wear the hijab. But i sympathise with those sisters that don't even wear the hijab, i can't criticise, it's very hard for them.
    True, the signs of their Islam are much more visible. Such as the abaya and hijaab/niqaab.

But if we were more sincere, we would wear loose clothing, such as a kamees, thobe, jubba etc, and cover our heads with a kufi, topi or amaamah etc.

And if we all had beards like we should, then it would be clear that we are muslims also.

We often give the sisters a hard time over their dress, when we ourselves fail to conform to the sunnah ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:

ReputationRep:
    ...get off tsr and sleep!!!!
    Quite right. I am going shortly.

ReputationRep:
    That is a terrible story. May Allah protect you all. This is why we need the shariah, so that evil people like this will be removed form society, and given the punishment they deserve.

Yes, passing the pubs is an issue. My mother freaks out if I ever walk to the masjid in a thobe or jalabiyya because of the ranks of intoxicated kuffar on the main road which is lined with bars.

May Allah protect your whole family sister, and may He reward you and your sister abundantly for wearing the niqaab. Truly I am in awe of those sisters who have the strength to follow such an important sunnah. SubhaanAllah wa bihamdi!
    Yeh we need proper Shariah, and not just partial, but full. It made me cry when my sister told me.

Ha yeh, my mum worries too much too, which is why she dislikes us wearing the niqaab and talks about how dangerous it is and such like in modern day. It's quite sad that it's had to come to this, where women think twice about wearing the niqaab in western society. This is the main reason why I'd like to live in a country like Egypt or Saudi, where im free to practice my religion.

I just hope that my niyyah in wearing the niqaab is pure and stays pure, for Allah's sake, and only His sake. There's one thing i'd hate to happen and that's if my niyyah suddenly changes to wearing the niqaab for other people (aka showing off). I really really hope it never comes to that and I hope Allah removes any sign of arrogance and/or showing off from my heart now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    :lurk:
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah dear brother!

ReputationRep:
    Quite right. I am going shortly.
    me too =)

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah dear brother!
    Waleykum Asalaam brother! . How are you?. Hows Ramadhan coming along?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    This is a chat thread created in Chat, which is serving its purpose well, as demonstrated by the number of posts it has accumulated since its inception. Therefore, to those using it, it is useful.

Clearly you don't find it useful, which is fair enough, but then you don't have to post here
    :five:

How you doing Ascient? you're that Man Utd fan on the tsr football pages arent you? :five:

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu 'alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

Good night my brothers and sisters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LalaLand-xo)
    Yeh we need proper Shariah, and not just partial, but full. It made me cry when my sister told me.

Ha yeh, my mum worries too much too, which is why she dislikes us wearing the niqaab and talks about how dangerous it is and such like in modern day. It's quite sad that it's had to come to this, where women think twice about wearing the niqaab in western society. This is the main reason why I'd like to live in a country like Egypt or Saudi, where im free to practice my religion.

I just hope that my niyyah in wearing the niqaab is pure and stays pure, for Allah's sake, and only His sake. There's one thing i'd hate to happen and that's if my niyyah suddenly changes to wearing the niqaab for other people (aka showing off). I really really hope it never comes to that and I hope Allah removes any sign of arrogance and/or showing off from my heart now.
    Mothers worry, it is natural! They can go overboard though, to the extent that they impede us from following what we should follow!

The poor muslim sisters think twice for a few reasons:

belief that niqaab is opressive, a cultural practice, unecessary etc.

So few know it is sunnah to wear, and waajib by consensus during times of fitna.

This is often not their fault, as many are not taught any of this.

This is also why I desire to make hijrah when I get married, InshaAllah.
    To protect my Islam and the Islam of those whom I love.

May Allah preserve your sincere intentions sister, and may he reward you for it.

Us brothers have little place to comment on it due to the sad state in which our own islamic appearance is in

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Dear brothers and sisters I pray that you are all well, and contented after the iftar, inshaAllah.

Even if you disagreed with what johnappleseed said in this thread, was it necessary to elicit a joint attack upon him and force him to leave? When I read that last few pages it seems that what he said was out of frustration at how people act, and speak in this thread. And for that reason you all attacked him back in the harshest of way. It looks extremely mean if you read it all back to yourself.

Even if you wish to ignore what he said; he said nothing wrong. Just because you are on a forum, it does not change the islamic rules. You do not go into a mode where you act differently to how you would in real life. The rules on greetings, manners, etiquette between brothers and sisters, discussion of relevant and beneficial topics; it all still applies on here.

Everybody is a muslim in here, and we are all in the blessed month of Ramadan. Considering that the deen should be on our mind all the time this month, why then do we not all discuss issues of importance to ourselves and the whole Ummah which is suffering right now? Surely this is more enjoyable than speaking in crude slang which simply imitates the lowest of the kuffar, when we are enjoined to speak well at all times? Why do we not use the aql that Allah blessed us with??

Wassalamualaykum
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Well I wasn't sure whether or not I should post a riposte to this and pondered it over for a while. Eventually, I felt that I had to reply because there was unfair accusations being cast upon others and I did not like the feeling that I had offended or 'harshly attacked' someone. I would like to preface my response with a gesture of gratitude to yourself for trying to rectify wrong where you saw it; an admirable trait. Similarly, I should like to apologise to anyone I may have offended before and may go on to offend, sadly.

You rightly talk about Islamic manners, yet wrongly neglect their absence in johnappleseed's first post. Would it not have been more Islamic to entreat salam upon the thread members upon his arrival? Would not that have alleviated most doubt upon his religiosity and saved the confusion that would later arise? You've spoken yourself of the negative things you've read on this forum with regards to Islam and so has johnappleseed, so is it not understandable then that people would be more wary of a poster whose first post is the criticism of a thread set up to support Muslims? In what way was that constructive anyway?

I disagree that he was forced to leave too. I tried to explain to him the purpose of the thread and the good it has done, whilst inviting him to stay and talk to the other members of the forum. Whether he was a Muslim or not was of no relevance to my reply. I was merely trying to avert confrontation and the derailing of the thread. It's worth pointing out that his spikey conduct upset others too.

I think you're right that it would be fantastic if people wanted to talk more about Islam in this thread and centred it more coherently around furthering your Islamic self during the holy month. However, I would urge you to keep in mind that this is a thread that has rocketed to nearly 6,500 posts in the space of 15 days. I don't think it's feasible to expect no 'chit chat', but I agree with you that a balance is there to be struck, especially when hassanat are there to be earned.

I am sorry if anything in my post offends anyone- it was not my intention. I call a spade a spade.

Sorry once again and many thanks for your valiant efforts. And sorry to johnappleseed if I upset him or made him feel uncomfortable.

Wassalamualaykum :hat2:

PS- To reiterate the interests of avoiding confrontation and derailing the thread, I shall now leave. If you would like to discuss anything further, then please feel free to PM.

ReputationRep:
    me too =)
    You're picture is hypnotising me. >_<
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Poll
Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.